Impersonating me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impersonating me

Hi, I am the GM of guild "FluffyFloof" . Last month I kicked a player out of the guild, IGN: xenhancer , because he talked rude and is a freeloader and basically just joined the guild for free carries. After I kicked him, he and his friends spread rumors about me being scammer spamming birds in world chat which isn't true. He's just mad.

This month, my guildies receive messages from different IGN's impersonating my main, "OKannaO" and I'm afraid he might use my name for scamming. Its been happening often lately. I've kept my name clean for years of playing DN and I don't want some immature kid to ruin it like that. I've attached some of screenshots of him impersonating me. 1st and 2nd pic is him pm-ing my own sub. 3rd is my guildmate. Last pic is him together with his cafemates/friends cause he works in computer rental.

I only own OKannaO with o's and 0Kanna0 with zeros. The kanna in pic is with zero and o. I already sent it to 1:1, be careful
    Last edited by Kannadesu; 03-23-2019, 05:08 AM. Reason: added attachment

Dear Kannadesu ,
    You can try to keep this thread updated with the multiple attempts against your guild. AliceJAPAN was previously attacked and kept a thread where they track every attack that they encounter. You may try doing the same thing.
    We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

• Kannadesu
      Kannadesu commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, my guild is aware of this already. I'll try to update if this happens again.

Probably just a bunch of teenagers who got offended by being rude to other people, these cases often happen a lot of times from people who doesn't get taught with good manners and are often oppressed or bullied in real life and stooping at this level, they probably are worthy of being called low life kids instead.

So long as the IGN isn't the same as yours then there is nothing to be worried about, even if they try to imitate your sub's IGN or yours, they will still fail, and since they are wasting their time impersonating and ruining your career in the game thats them losing a lot of those moments of doing something productive instead of actually getting revenge on you which falls flat from them being a bunch of obnoxious idiots doing nothing but to humiliate themselves.

They will wonder when they grow old enough as to why they did stupid things such as getting revenge on you, wasting their time and their bluebirds and ofc, the money they use to rent a computer to use in order just to mess with your name? they get nothing, and you get attention, so if people learn that someone is messing with you, they will probably ignore it by then and they will eventually fail.

You can tell on 1:1 support about the actions of these bunch, if they get to IP ban that computer, probably that internet cafe or computer rental shop will eventually have a problem connecting to DN and they will get punished by it if they don't own it, in that way they wasted their time, efforts and you get the last laugh instead.

Comment

• Kannadesu
      Kannadesu commented
      Editing a comment
      I just shouted back once that time just to explain the situation to public or anyone who cares. I didn't bother to counter after that but luckily I've got friends that backed me up

Its been a few days now since you've posted your report, has anything bad happened yet on world chat? since a lot of stuff coming from blue bird messages are mostly rubbish or fake news and accusations and drama, i don't think no one would even bother with believing with them bad talking at you.

Just remember that no one would believe anyone on bluebird chat not unless its been proven or a lot of other players is saying it.

Comment

I haven't received any report from my guildies and I've not been in town often lately so I can't update yet.

Just remember that no one would believe anyone on bluebird chat not unless its been proven or a lot of other players is saying it.
      The problem is they indeed used different characters to bird, sometimes at the same time, and pretends to be me. I've built my image clean for years just so I could buy/sell easier and suddenly I'm branded as scammer.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        No one would believe such noob characters in the first place, who would literally fall for such accusations if there's a lot of ugly named characters are shouting? and none of them which are even known by many nor even a popular one.

You don't have to trade outside your guild if you have members that are eager to buy stuff from you, but ofc buying would be a different story if you were searching for something much harder to get, like legend jades, rare costumes nowhere to be found nowadays etc.

Even someone i know who is really nice got accused of being a scammer by one of the ViPs ingame, it disgusts me as to the point where i cringe and my face looks like i just swallowed a very sour lime, now i know not every popular or esteemed player is so nice to everybody, i wanted to spread out that player's ign but its just a waste of my time, not gonna bother with it, since a lot of her pawns are rather stingy when approached.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a lot of stupid people out there that with enough credibility and popularity can manipulate someone's name ingame, you could say there's an ingame politics happening around that people doesn't know about, and its really pissing me off, for a young age to really disrespect someone like that, really frustrating, and don't worry about me i'm just speaking my mind out loud for a special someone to read this, she knows what she has done.

You should just embrace it and make sarcastic remarks about how you're pretty good at scamming.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        You do know that there are some really stupid players out there, including these people who's impersonating other people and scamming and stuff, they might even think that when a player says it so, they will believe.

• GlassShard
        GlassShard commented
        Editing a comment
        Then those types of player's aren't the kind of people you'd associate yourself with.

Seriously, it's just a vidya gem. Your reputation in DN should matter very little as to how it affects you. There will always be a negative group within any kind of community, so it's best you just take it in stride instead of making it into a big deal.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        Well it does affect some things particularly Trades and stuff like that, as well as Partying up with other people, but yeah at some point it is rather stupid to actually be concerned with issues like this, it really has minimal impact towards your own personality, probably these people have no common sense whatsoever.

Flexing my signature
      ~~~~Skrattar Du Förlorar Du~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X