DickSphere Scammer Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DickSphere Scammer Beware

This player whose IGN is: DickSphere is a geared scammer. He said he will buy 50k CP for 25k Gold. I want to sell CP so i can have more gold for equipment. This player wants me to go first since he is geared and says he will pay after. But after i gifted 50k CP he keeps on telling me that im a scammer and i havent send it to him yet. He wants me to show my main character but im still a newbie. He said i havent gifted it but when in fact he already received it. He keeps on barking and shouting that im a scammer LOL. I originally have 25K CC and gifted him 50K CP for 5k CC.

I received a mail which means that he was able to receive the CP.
    THe time shows that it happened on the same day .
    NOT ALL GEARED PLAYERS ARE RELIABLE.
    Attached Files

do mind that there are times there is slight delay when sending gifts to other people, usually it only lasts around a few seconds or not exceeding 5 minutes, and there will be record if you have sent the gift to that said player.

i am also confused by what you mean on " I received a mail which means that he was able to receive the CP" did he paid you afterwards? because if he did, there's no reason for you to actually call him a scammer, he doesn't have the rights to call you a scammer as well since he's the one who got to receive his CP first before he can pay you, you're at the disadvantage here and not him, probably just some scum again trying take advantage of people.

EDIT: Please do mind that if this is your first time selling CP, you probably need to record and take a screenshot of each and every action you make, such as taking a screenshot when you have successfully gifted the CP, or before that showing that you're going to gift the CP to the said player and not after you've done everything.

You clearly didn't even took a screenshot if he really paid, if he did paid, you retrieved the gold first and took a screenshot after, i don't even know if this is intended to actually ruin his clear name, he might just be anxious that it is taking so long, a lot of people are like that most of the time.

Accusing him of being a scammer is really such a DICK move on your behalf if he paid, better be thankful he even paid since he got all the chance to not pay you.

Another EDIT: on second thought, there's no actual proof that he badmouthed you.
    Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-27-2019, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Tzilii
      Tzilii commented
      Editing a comment
      where can i see that record?

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      go check on your ED account when you access sea.dragonnest.com

• Tzilii
      Tzilii commented
      Editing a comment
      Satisfied?

No he did not pay me. It has been six hours but he did not pay instead he kept on saying that im the scammer lol.
    The system sent me an EMAiL which means that he received the CP that i gifted. Yet he didnt pay
    Ofc you wouldnt know cause you werent in game. and why would i bother posting this if he really paid? THis forum sucks. Instead of helping new players you are biased towards those geared ones LOL.
    Last edited by Tzilii; 03-27-2019, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      uhuh the forum sucks, so is the forum only a place to report right AFTER people get scammed? there's a guideline section specifically for people who are having trouble doing the activities in the game, or needing information about it, as well as warnings and guides on how to prevent scammers to scam you and your friends, yet you just made a forum account just to report someone right after you got scammed?

If you were smart enough, you could just probably made a forum account, post a thread stating that you want to sell stuff like cash shop items in exchange for gold, then if someone contacts you, tell them you want to get paid first before you gift them the item they want, easy.

Don't go ranting over us telling that you got scammed, and then tell that we are biased because that person is geared, i am telling this you know, your cocky attitude won't get you nowhere in this forum, if we wanted to help we already did by posting guidelines here in the forums, but sadly you people know the forum exist yet you only visit, make an account right after you got scammed and report them here, doing so will your effort be fruitless, go to 1:1 customer support, report them there if the "forum sucks"

you got scammed, end of story, you let them scam you, LOL.

Youre the one that sucks THO. Hopeless Mediator wanna be. And you call your self an admin. yeah right i wont bother its my fault after all. Just wanted to share it maybe it'll help others. so they wont repeat the same mistake. You should be grateful and btw i aint asking for your help or something dont try to get cocky and act all high and mighty? Just who are you btw??

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      The moment you got offended and bad mouthed and generalized that everyone here is biased over geared characters, you've made yourself a whole lot of enemies to fight with, especially me since i don't take lightly on people who criticize other forum members just because they are frustrated over themselves letting other people scam them.

These kind of transactions are risky, and shouldn't even be possible, all the mistakes are made by both parties, the buyer and the seller, if the buyer get scammed by the seller that's their fault, if the seller gets scammed by the buyer that's their fault, since there is really no point trusting anyone in the game beside being on a trusty guild with wonderful members to have with.

The only thing that the administrators of the game can do is atleast ban that account, but no gold will be reimbursed since Gifting cash shop items is not a normal trade ingame but are transactions dealt by players on their own, you could say its the "BLACK MARKET" so the company is not held accountable for anything that happens to you, Trading House is the only trading system that is without a flaw, except price manipulation and inflation.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      Won't repeat the same mistake? a lot of people still make the same mistake as everybody else, there's not gonna be a player out there that won't do the same mistake as you did since you and them trusts geared players so much.

And i am not acting all high and mighty, and i am not cocky, you're the only one saying that to me, and everybody else who is frustrated over the current situation they are in

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      blegh, i'm not gonna waste anymore of my time towards a person like you.

you're like "one of those" that i've met, a lot of you exist everywhere, not gonna bother talking with you ever again :v

And, read the name, i'm Mr.Shovels, can't you read it? how come you need to ask who i am?

Mistakes that you've made
    1. You trusted someone who is geared, not all geared players are trust worthy (now you know)
    2. You let the buyer gets what he wants first, you should have let him pay first or go slowly by doing 10k CP each transaction you did until 50k CP
    3. You got manipulated, frustrated, let your emotions get the best of you, lose your cool.

Comment

YUP that was my mistake and my point is not to ask for sympathy but for community awareness. You really like minding other people's business. I have no intention of arguing with you, My Bad

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        I apologize for bad mouthing you, not really understanding the current situation you're in right now, i was frustrated because the weather got the best of me, even so i know it is not even a good enough reason to actually bad mouth other people, so i am very sorry

I have been irritated for awhile now, so my apologies if i act and said a lot of stupid things.

one of my guild members took screenshots of DickSphere being a dick on chat as what implies with his name.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	sasaq.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	159126

Click image for larger version

Name:	sasaw.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	159127

This was just a few minutes ago, you have been scammed, as a lesson learned, always try to let other people pay first before you gift them the item they want.

Comment

Oh .. ahem... i do hope you filed a ticket. It is customary to file for one.
        We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          I just hope that they visit the forums more often and read our guides so that they won't be making the same mistake again and again

Well, one of his victims inquired to me last Monday since he joined our guild while I was recruiting new members. She already sent me photo evidence regarding his transaction with DickSphere.
        She says that after their trade, DickSphere also asks for her email and password. Her gold was stolen but not her account, which is good. She then wanted to inquire to me if it's possible to get her 20k gold back.

The first 4 attached images will be the victim's evidence regarding her transaction with DickSphere and the last 2 will be my confirmation that he did scam. At the moment I was currently confronting with both of them at the same time. Then soon after, his fail which proves he's scamming afterall. It's pretty funny that he accidentally PM-ed me instead of his new victim. No transaction ever asks someone to ask for another's email and password.

I hope this helps support all other claims that DickSphere is a scammer. I already expelled him out of our guild right after our issue with him was closed.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm gonna probably report this to 1:1 support by linking this thread.

EDIT: this is my first time to actually file a report, but it looks like it won't matter to them if i report this incident considering they are asking for my "IGN" which means that the ones to report this scum should be the ones that got scammed, if you don't mind telling your guild member that got scammed by this a-hole with no purpose in life whatsoever, please do so, this is to actually ban that geared player, lose all of the gear, and possibly every gold he poses before he transfers it to any other account via mail.
          Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-27-2019, 06:53 AM.

• launcelot
          launcelot commented
          Editing a comment
          This is why my emphasis on whoever started the thread, is to open the ticket as well, as they have "first-hand" witness to the event.

• MarcieLin
          MarcieLin commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, the victim is still from Boracay guild, She just joined her sub into Teaq to inquire to us in hopes of getting back her stolen 20k gold, which most likely won't happen.
          We've already helped her out and closed her case, although it was too bad for her to be unable to recover the money.

I've personally sent a report to support about this incident, and gave them the link to this thread, i just hope that they will take action instead of actually telling me that those who got scammed should report it to them with proof, clearly they aren't doing a great job if they did say that to me, this thread holds the proof (except for the original thread poster) we just need more people to come and post on this thread and post their proof that this guy really is a scammer.

I would definitely find a way for this guy to get kicked out of the guild for good, TEAQUISITION did a mistake for letting this guy stay on their guild.

Comment

He only lasted a few hours at our guild since DickSphere was new and unfamiliar to us back then. And like I said, I kicked him out immediately after knowing he's a scammer. And as the Guild Master of TEAQUISITION, I take full responsibility for the mistake of letting him in. We are a guild that welcomes anyone and offers them a family to spend time with, however we absolutely do not tolerate such disgraceful acts and behaviors like what he shows. This will be a lesson for me and I will do my best not to let such a thing happen again.

I'm sure other guilds he's been with have made the same mistake too and have learned from it. But that is why we recruit new members into our guild to get to know them. You can't identify a random stranger immediately that he's evil just by looking at him, you judge him by what he does and do research about him on what he's done before (if possible).

PS: Mr. Shovels, I know your intentions are good. But you didn't have to unnecessarily point out our mistakes and make it look like a big deal. Everyone makes mistakes, so please don't worsen the wound any further by mentioning that "we" made "this" mistake, as we have not foreseen this incident as well. I'm sure you wouldn't have known either if someone completely new with no knowledge of him whatsoever joins your guild and then becomes an infamous scammer.

PS2: My apologies if I myself had made a big deal out of this, since mentioning Teaq itself implies that everyone in the guild made this mistake, even though I alone am to blame since I am the one who recruited him. I love everyone in my guild, which is why I do what I can to protect them...
          Last edited by MarcieLin; 03-27-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• launcelot
            launcelot commented
            Editing a comment
            That's quite admirable. You have our support from your neighboring guild : Seraphim

Hahahahah, this forum post is quite entertaining to me!

But still, I'm still grateful that I haven't stepped on the PVE Territory yet.

Comment

errrr... i would like to give thoughts if everyone wouldn't mind. TS 3rd mail screenshot about the system confirming that dicksphere received the gifted cash shop items is a good proof that the transaction (gifting the cash shop items to other player) is successful, however it could still be a lacking evidence as it is not supported by a screenshot regarding the conversation of how the gifting started i.e. private messages between seller and buyer and their agreement to gift the cash shop items depending whether pay first before sending the cash shop item or pay after the item is received.

I would understand the needs of many players to earn more gold through selling cash shop items (specifically the items that can not be sold in TH) other than in-game rewards or loots since the game requires lots of gold in terms of gear progression. But I would like to suggest to the sellers and buyers who are willing to be involved in such gold earning method that they should do a video recording from the start of conversation i.e. other player is sending you private messages about his interest in buying your cash shop items or vice versa. The buyer or the seller should keep the recording until both party committed from their obligation (pay first before gift or gift first before pay) to other player involved or worst if the other player didn't commit its obligation and getting tricked by that player who are a cancer in the society.

In this way, sending a ticket with complete evidence to ED and get high chance of positive response. And it will be easy for ED part to take action regarding the scamming incident without ED need to dig each player's log during their investigation. Please take note that action from ED is like RNG in the game. Maybe if their impression from the ticket received from players will require them more work as I assume that they are already under staff as to face each problem internally and maybe external will make them to take action slowly than usual. So considering the suggestions above will give ED more edge to take action more faster and efficiently.

Lastly, I would like to thank the player who are a victim of scamming that they are informing other players regarding the incident as this a good warning to avoid such IGN to transact with. Also hoping that for the future players who would be another victim of scamming should have complete support evidence and details to avoid question and answer on how it happens and worst, ending argument with other players. Because some players are abusing this method accusing other players they don't get along with and branding them scammer and yet they don't provide any evidence that's why some players also are responding in a little hostile manner due to lack of evidence presented.

Sorry for my English and grammar as I am not that much fluent in it and hope others see the essence of my message above in a positive way.
            Last edited by MehNaMeh; 03-27-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
              Mr.Shovels commented
              Editing a comment
              that was well said, you don't need to apologize for any grammar mistakes since it doesn't matter so long as people can understand what you wanted to explain.

i agree, they do need solid evidence, a video record would do the trick but in this case these players who are being scammed doesn't really know what to do, even though they have been given advise to document any first transaction they will make to any other player in order to completely make anyone that tries to scam them get punished, but instead they think this is such a bothersome thing to do and ignore it.

People only come here in the forums right after they get scammed, there are already so many people who put an effort into making guidelines and warnings for them to take notice that doing these transactions are simply risky and that ED is not held accountable for anything that is lost, since this "Gift" feature on cash shop is simply something to gift a friend's request to their character, it is meant to be as a token of appreciation gifting measure to a friend, and not a way to actually do transactions with.

From this case we got another proof that not all Geared (High Tier Equipment, Good Cash Costumes & Accessories) Players are Honest & Trusted.
            Some of Full Geared Cash Players probably earned their Top Gear & Cash Items by scamming people, who knows...
            Maybe He/She is pretending to be a good person ingame but obtained real money by stealing from parents & other people, or did another bad actions in real live to top up currency in game.
            Maybe He/She is well-known as a scammer in game using many sub chars/ accounts to gear His/Her main char.
            Or even maybe He/She doing scam both in game & real live.
            We don't know which are they, probably one or some of your guild mate, one or some of your Perma Raid Members, or even one or some of your kind friend in game??? Who knows....

Comment

• Lans Vahndreas
              Lans Vahndreas commented
              Editing a comment
              I do agree if most people In EU community are nice. Can see that on the EU forum about Server Closure lately. Seems no one trash-talking to CC and ED, they are complaining and ask for solution politely.

And this is another hard work for ED to give better service to their customer. Atleast give active moderators like Mantou in CC forum back then. So players report, complain and suggestion can be heard to be advanced to developer.

Also the top priority is fix most bugs in game as fast as possible... hopefully...

• Mr.Shovels
              Mr.Shovels commented
              Editing a comment
              mantou is from CC, not from ED so there's not gonna be any other forum moderators beside Verbana, which is long gone from being a moderator in this forum.

Probably if players from EU do play on either NA or SEA (probably on NA considering the status of SEA is toxic) there might be a new forum moderator introduced, this is just a theory, but i still have my doubts.

• Lans Vahndreas
              Lans Vahndreas commented
              Editing a comment
              Yah I know well if Mantow is from CC not ED, like I've said "Atleast give active moderators like Mantou in CC forum back then". Which meaning is give active moderators on this SEA Forum currently like when we were holding by CC back then. Not give Mantou to this current SEA Forum.
              But probably it's hard for them to find someone who's active and really care about their customer in Forum like this.

i have received a confirmation report from support that they have forwarded my report to the moderation team, lets hope that the proof here is enough to get him banned, he's also a toxic player so that's also another reason for him to get banned.

Comment

Working...
            X