Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A compilation of issues in Dragon Nest found by a player starting from scratch

I decided to start from scratch again and list down all the issues I've encountered as I go through the game. This includes Main Quests, Side Quests, Remote Quests, Cash Shop, Skill Descriptions, Item Descriptions, and In game bugs. I'll be regularly updating the blog and this thread along with it. The goal of this thread is to have a compilation of the issues found in game, along with suggestions on improving the issue, if ever the developers plan to fix them.

https://dnerrorscompilation.blogspot.com/

UPDATES

May 1, 2018
    • Started off the compilation
    • Recorded Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of Cleric's Main Quest
    • Recorded [Lvl 8] Crystal Point, The Wonderful Brightness || [Lvl 9] She's Looking At Me || [Lvl 9] Sound of Music + Strange Music || [Lvl 9] Sound of Music + Strange Music
    May 2, 2018
    • Recorded [Lvl 9] (Title) Immortal Lvl 1 - Secrets to Survival || [Lvl 10] The Remains of the Canyon
    • Recorded [Lvl 10] Sparta Goblin + This is SPARTA!! || [Lvl 11] (Title) Immortal Lv. 2 - Steel Skin I & II || [Lvl 12] Black Aura
    May 3, 2018
    • Changed the theme layout to a much more compact and simple look
    • Added page numbers on the blog for faster navigation
    • Added "Inventory Related Errors" along with dehooo's report
    May 4, 2018
    • Recorded [Lvl 12] The Famous Dish & [Lvl 12] Kevin's Treasure
    May 5, 2018
    • Added In-Party Related Errors along with MeshPolygon's report
    November 7, 2018
    • Recorded [Lvl 13] The Best General Store
    • Added Skill Related Errors along with iamjvmac's report
    • Updated video links to be viewed as a video within the blog
    • Updated Blog Theme and Background
    December 24, 2018
    • Recorded [Lvl 13] Argenta's Food
    Last edited by GlassShard; 12-24-2018, 02:11 AM.

It'll be better to place this one under the In-game bug report sub-forum

Comment

• GlassShard
      GlassShard commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha.

Is there any way to message a moderator to move this thread?

• SadisticEin
      SadisticEin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm Verbena ???

Thanks for this. I will move and pin it.

Comment

• GlassShard
      GlassShard commented
      Editing a comment
      Much appreciated.

• GlassShard
      GlassShard commented
      Editing a comment
      @Verbana
      I can't seem to edit my original post of the thread. Is there an issue regarding this or am I just not privileged to do so?

EDIT: Apparently, if you're on DN Dark (For Forum Style), the edit version of the original post doesn't show up (However, when I click on the [edit] button, the changes I made are there). Also, if I switch to Default Style, it takes forever for the [edit] to finish "working". It does update though after I refresh. The only thing that's working for me without any issues right now is the DN Light.

Don't tell me even the forums are buggy.
      Last edited by GlassShard; 05-02-2018, 08:29 AM.

• Verbena
      Verbena commented
      Editing a comment
      GlassShard I use Dark and it works fine s:

Update

May 2, 2018
    • Recorded [Lvl 9] (Title) Immortal Lvl 1 - Secrets to Survival || [Lvl 10] The Remains of the Canyon
    • Recorded [Lvl 10] Sparta Goblin + This is SPARTA!! || [Lvl 11] (Title) Immortal Lv. 2 - Steel Skin I & II || [Lvl 12] Black Aura
    Seriously, after going through [Lvl 12] Black Aura, what the hell were the proofreaders doing?! Actually, a better question would be: Were there even any proofreaders at all?!
    Last edited by GlassShard; 05-02-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• MeshPolygon
      MeshPolygon commented
      Editing a comment
      They are too broke to hire good people. Expect worse things will bloom forth.
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 05-03-2018, 10:27 AM. Reason: english was so broken

Inventory bug.
    While minion is looting try sorting. An undefined error will appear.

Comment

• GlassShard
      GlassShard commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a screenshot and other details to go with it? If not, I will keep this in mind and do it when I get my own pet.

I'll be glad to categorize it in the blog and place it up. Thank you for telling me.
      Last edited by GlassShard; 05-02-2018, 09:02 AM.

Here i run another lagendia exploration if i click ok the game would crash the pop up message will just disappear after all items are looted
    Last edited by dehooo; 05-02-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• GlassShard
      GlassShard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your contribution.

I'll make a category for this and place it up in the blog as credited by you. Cheers!

May 3, 2018
    • Changed the theme layout to a much more compact and simple look
    • Added page numbers on the blog for faster navigation
    • Added "Inventory Related Errors" along with dehooo's report
    Last edited by GlassShard; 05-02-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Another random crash. It usually happens to me when there are lot of people then a sudden lag will happen then crash.

Comment

• GlassShard
        GlassShard commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright, I'll list this down sometime in the future as I'm still trying to think of a category that this fits in.

Thank you!

I, as for someone who used to do somewhat like this before, only some bug documentation and reporting though, no compilation and not so many unlike yours. I know how much does it cost someone's time. And yet, you still spend that precious time on this things, things that the "DEVELOPERS" should be doing. Err, just wanna say you deserve an appreciation, a lot of appreciation. ~_^

ps. and sorry ED, you guys got hit again. :3
      ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• GlassShard
        GlassShard commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your kind words!

It's stuff like these that keeps the motivation high on doing this, since, as you said, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to record, suggest fixes, and compile. So much so to the point where it takes an hour just to do 2-3 side quests. Again, much appreciated!

Gonna add things while I'm here

A simple string issue:
      A system notification on who clicked the dimensional rabbit is not working as intended.
      - It should contain the opener's name but only showing "".

EDIT: screenies
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 05-05-2018, 03:45 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• GlassShard
        GlassShard commented
        Editing a comment
        Noted.

I'll update the blog with this issue, but before that, I'll need to check in which category I'll have to place this in. Thank you for your contribution!

May 4, 2018
      • Recorded [Lvl 12] The Famous Dish & [Lvl 12] Kevin's Treasure

Comment

I'd edited this out from the previous post because I'm not sure if this still exist. Tested and is still there

Unable to display instance exit dialog (no F12).
        - Trigger: the player left an earlier party while a loot is being rolled. Will still be in effect for all consequent runs.
        - Remedy: Pass leadership if in a party, use return to town from escape menu if solo.

Need to go back to character screen to put off the bug's effect.

Video demonstrating on how to produce it:

How it should really be:
        Last edited by MeshPolygon; 05-16-2018, 02:09 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• GlassShard
          GlassShard commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, no worries. As a player ever since 16 cap, I quite understand your sentiment. I've experienced the same things you have, and more, so I know how you feel.

Also, you're quite right with how much things has changed ever since the past but that's just how life is. Time passes, friends come and go, and the only thing that stays constant is change. Personally, I don't like to nail myself in the past too much and I'd like to use every opportunity to at least make the game and the community as lively and as fun as I could. That means that I'd talk to people and I'd try to befriend them in my own way. Of course, you have your own way of living and this is mine but I personally believe if you stay too much in the past, you'll get swept away in the current tides of the present, and eventually, you'll drown.

Much apologies of me for not responding in time. I went to bed after I posted that comment as I was exhausted from a long day of work. Again, don't fret about frendo! If you ever change your mind, feel free to PM me so we can have a chat and get to know each other more outside the forums (IGN: Glassault). Have a great day ahead! Cheers!
          Last edited by GlassShard; 05-05-2018, 08:06 PM.

• MeshPolygon
          MeshPolygon commented
          Editing a comment
          Time sure change and so do I. The reason above is one. But the another thing is I don't have much time to spend on this game anymore. I'm afraid I dont have any time left for ingame friends, since real life needs more time now than before.

As of now, I'm already contented at playing solo. But thanks, I'll light you up when the feel of needing an ingame friend comes back, if it ever comes back.

• GlassShard
          GlassShard commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course.

I'm just a casual gamer that plays whenever he feels like it and does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, so no worries.

May 5, 2018
        • Added In-Party Related Errors along with MeshPolygon's report

Comment

I created a Chronicle Character and went through the quests until i got to level 50 and then before i can proceed to Velskud Quest it said that i have to learn all the skills or spend my SP to my skills before talking back to him. So I did learn the skills but when i pressed "apply" not all skills were learned and then when i tried to spend more SP on the remaining skills (because Velskud still doesn't let me continue the quest until I spent all my SP) but now when i clicked "apply" it showed and error "Insufficient SP" but clearly I only spent the required SP until it ran out. So I tried spending lesser SP so as not to run out of SP and clicked "apply" still it showed "Insufficient SP" error. I tried applying 1 skill point to an already learned skill to level it up and just to test out this bug but then when i clicked "apply" no error showed up and the skills just blinked and just reverted the skills' skill level. So i tried learning one new skill and clicked "apply" then it showed the "Insufficient SP" error. Please help me and fix this bug right away

with this bug i can't finish or get through the quest of Chronicle character. I'm stuck in that map forever until this bug is fixed

Comment

Update:

Yeah, I'm still alive. I haven't done anything relating to this compilation because I just got a job 6 months ago and I wanted to commit to it fully. I just got my rating and my position's secured now, so, I can come back to this. New quest update coming tonight.

iamjvmac , duly noted. I'll update the page when I get home from work later.

Comment

Working...
            X