Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I get screen lag or animation lag when entering rune dragon nest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I get screen lag or animation lag when entering rune dragon nest?

Everytime I play RDN with my guildmates I dont understand why I always get screen lag or animation lag when entering it or even when playing in that nest. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? I doubt its my computer specs since I dont get screen/animation lags when entering other nests or dungeons or when playing.

Do you lag in any other eight man raids?
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      what we only did was the 4 man run

Originally posted by jkidd000 View Post
    Everytime I play RDN with my guildmates I dont understand why I always get screen lag or animation lag when entering it or even when playing in that nest. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? I doubt its my computer specs since I dont get screen/animation lags when entering other nests or dungeons or when playing.
    Go in, ask the whole pt to suicide and run one more time.
    That usually fixed it.

Comment

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      We tried but nothing happened, sadly

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wait, you meant Rune Dragon Nest...
      Didn't read that title and straight read the content which says RDN and thought it's Red Dragon Nest.
      Red Dragon Nest have that problem but never on Rune for me, can't help you there then, my bad.

The fix for some was making Texture Quality into High rather than low. Worked for AMD and AMD has such shitty texture details for DN.

Comment

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, ill just try it out first.

posting test, this annoying forum is incredible

edit

source: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic/194309-texture-quality-and-quality-in-system-settings/#entry1853116

^ Texture Quality set to high=lesser lag, already proven, multiple times. It might help you.

Another that might help you

Originally posted by WantedZai
    Finally found the solution.

Actually this is caused by bad company who makes the HDD. Something called AAM & APM in HDD settings (u can search on google what it is).

So to fix the freezing problem of ur bad HDD. Simply download CrystalDiskInfo.

www.crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

Install and go to "Function" tab and tick "Resident" & "Startup".
    Next go to "Function" tab and go "Advanced Feature" tick "Auto AAM\APM Adaption"
    Lastly go to "Function" tab >> "Advanced Feature" >> "AAM/APM Control"
    Pick your HDD that makes problem on top and set it's APM on "Performance (FEH)". Just slide to the most right. And then tick "Enable".

You're done. You can test any game, Online/Offline won't have any freeze anymore.

If that still doesn't fix your problem. I'm sorry to say that you need to buy new HDD without the power saving APM settings (Which is the HHD spins on power saving mode and will make your game/software freeze). Or just buy SSD. LOL
    source: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic/174084-1-second-freeze/page__st__20#entry1787177

And another one,
    Originally posted by GuzzX8
    My PC Specs [More than enough] :
    ~ Windows 7 SP1 64bit
    ~ 8 GB RAM
    ~ Proc : AMD Phenom II X4 945
    ~ VGA : ATI Radeon HD5750 (Approx.Total Memory 4GB)

Issue :
    I get the "Returned Hero" after stop playing for 2 years and I almost quit DN again because this problem
    my dn client freeze after I play for 30-60mins, this happens at random occasions and places (in town, nest, dungeon, pvp, ...).
    the only way to close the client is to End it from Ctrl + Alt + Del (Task Manager), DN client will appear "Not Responding" in Task manager.
    When we End the DN client, we can see the Error Details said something like "AppHangB1".

After days of googling, and many ways that did not works, I finally found the real solution for the this issue.

This has nothing to do with Antivirus, Firewall, or Hardware performance (if u think your PC is good enough)

(I am too lazy to upload the screenshot in another image host web, why we can't upload directly to this forum?... well that's another story
    )
    Before I found the solution :
    ~ I did re-install my DN Client, but using a free software called Revo Uninstaller, (cuz it can clean the registry and unused files left after uninstalled DN.

Solution :
    1. Open your Dragon Nest Installation Folder.
    2. Right Click on DragonNest.exe > Choose Properties > GoTo Compatibility Tab
    3. Run this program in Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    4. Check "Disable desktop composition"
    5. Check "Disable display scaling..."
    6. Check "Run as administrator"
    7. Try to restart your PC (just in case)
    8. Run the dnlauncher.exe (Run as administrator, no need to set compatibility stuff for this file)

ok done

I think DN Client is not ready for Windows 7, especially 64bit
    source: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic/239617-solved-random-freeze-hang-and-not-responding-client/#entry2636007

Try browsing the old forums technical section before it disappear. You might find some other information there.
    Last edited by MeshPolygon; 11-03-2017, 08:37 AM. Reason: server connection aborted blah blah blah. . .very annoying. . .sources citations
    ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
    Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
    Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
    DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Can someone elaborate on this "set textures to high for better performance" because I have tested this before and saw no different.

Then again my fps is always high and smooth so I'm a bad test subject.

It makes little sense to me, it is a AMD thing?

Comment

• Kuru
        Kuru commented
        Editing a comment
        It can't be for 95 cap release because the "fix" was suggested all the way back in 2013.

Verbena, to the extent of my knowledge it's not a real fix nor should it change anything. I've had people try to explain it to me as the game's files are originally rendered for High quality so it has to "lower the quality" as they're displayed on Low settings, but I've honestly never seen anything to support this :x.

• Verbena
        Verbena commented
        Editing a comment
        This is some sort of game urban legend going on almost since open beta but I see little to no evidence to support it as well.

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        AFAIR, I did a comparison test with those settings long time ago, that thing used to really lessen screen freezing lag and shorten loading times that I experienced before, maybe not anymore these days.
    Working...
    X