How to uninstall dragon nest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to uninstall dragon nest?

There is no dragon nest icon at add or remove program. i used ccleaner also don't have dragon nest. i want it to uninstall cleanly. do i just delete the dragon nest folder?

this game doesnt need complicated installation/uninstall just copy/paste & manual delete process
    DNshop : closed
    DNsea STATUS : Hibernating (login once a month)
    currently active : Honkai Impact 3
    waiting list : Loading...

Comment

If it's not in installed programs list/Program and Features, just delete the game folder. While you're at it, you may also get process hacker and delete the Xingcode's little devil spy service driver "xhunter1".

EDIT, IMPORTANT INFO ADDED:

some info:

xhunter1 - got created on my system after ED's DN launcher first launch.

================================================== ================================================== =======================
      EXTREME CAUTION: DELETE ONLY THAT, DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE. IF IT IS RUNNING, DISABLE IT FIRST, BRING UP ITS CONTEXT MENU > PROPERTIES > GENERAL TAB > START UP TYPE > DISABLED. THEN RESTART, DON'T TRY TO STOP IT WHILE WINDOWS IS RUNNING!!!. AFTER RESTART, MAKE SURE IT IS NOT RUNNING. YOU MAY DELETE IT NOW AT THIS POINT.
      ================================================== ================================================== =======================

================================================== ================================================== =========================
      GPKIT Remnant -> SDGame - "\SystemRoot\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs" binary path is a legit Windows component, but this service was created by CC DN launcher. Tried DELETING IT SAFELY, but it's always created back after launching CC's DN launcher in the past. HANDLE WITH EXTREME CAUTION OR JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
      ================================================== ================================================== =========================
      EXTREME CAUTION: DELETE ONLY THAT, DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE. IF IT IS RUNNING, DISABLE IT FIRST, BRING UP ITS CONTEXT MENU > PROPERTIES > GENERAL TAB > START UP TYPE > DISABLED. THEN RESTART, DON'T TRY TO STOP IT WHILE WINDOWS IS RUNNING!!! WILL RESULT TO BSoD. AFTER RESTART, MAKE SURE IT IS NOT RUNNING. YOU MAY DELETE IT NOW AT THIS POINT.

Last edited by MeshPolygon; 11-17-2017, 11:59 PM. Reason: Reason: MASTER CAUTION!!! Forgot to put the risk of the process.
      ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

^ Please read my previous edited post for important notice.
        ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
        Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
        Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

I'll just delete the dn folder and use ccleaner registry cleaning, maybe it will delete that svc with it. I searched svc.msc dont have that xhunter.

Comment

• MeshPolygon
            MeshPolygon commented
            Editing a comment
            It won't display there. That little sneaky thing won't ever show there cause it's treated not only as service but a service driver. If you have Windows 7 or earlier, you can see it in device manager>show hidden devices>non-plug and play device drivers, but for Windows 8 and later, you'll need third party apps to find it. Microsoft removed that category in device manager in later versions of Windows.
            Last edited by MeshPolygon; 11-17-2017, 11:29 PM.

• Twaha
            Twaha commented
            Editing a comment
            i see. ill just leave it then. it does nothing anyway right with dn folder gone?. dont mind if its just taking up space.

• MeshPolygon
            MeshPolygon commented
            Editing a comment
            It's fine if that was what you have decided to do. Only brought that thing up because you said "uninstall cleanly".

This is too late and people has given advice on how to delete the full thing already but there's an uninstaller inside the DN folder

Comment

• Twaha
            Twaha commented
            Editing a comment
            my picture below. dn under cc have uninstaller. i nvr seen an game that takes at least 10gb space without uninstaller b4. dont know why its gone when moved to eyedentity. and i dont know what u mean by "too late and people has given advice on how to delete the full thing already". whr is the advice?

Originally posted by Verbena View Post
          This is too late and people has given advice on how to delete the full thing already but there's an uninstaller inside the DN folder
          nope.and its not windows installer Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	107785
          Last edited by Twaha; 11-17-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I'm confused. Is this because my client is years old?

Click image for larger version

Name:	wtyerthrgrt.png
Views:	2307
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	107860

Comment

• Twaha
              Twaha commented
              Editing a comment
              that must be the reason then. mine i downloaded new one after transfer to eyedentity.

I have the same problem, there is no Uninstall option in the folder.

Comment

I have gotten an answer and turns out if you use the new installer method (the one IDNInstaller.exe) all you need to do to uninstall it's to delete the folder.

The explanation I got was "As using the installer, users are not really "DOWNLOADING" the whole client, but they are just using the duplicated files in the folder to connect to the game. so no "uninstaller" can be found. So just by deleting the whole folder is the only way to remove the game files." I didn't really understood it a whole lot so I'm copy-pasting. Anyways the point is that just deleting the folder is enough.

I have asked if something can be done about the Xingcode files but I'm afraid that's up to Xingcode software developers and their mysterious ways.

Comment

Working...
              X