Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critical Error How can i prevent it? (Question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Error How can i prevent it? (Question)

So ive been getting Critical Error everytime i do daily quest at Chiron Island it occurs when the quest is almost done i'm using Acer Aspire n its dual core im also windows 7 how can i prevent critical error from occuring everytime?

Umm reply please?

Comment

uhmm any other helpful info please. What did the critical error said? Was it out of memory?

System specs please. OS bitness(32bit/64bit), amount of installed RAM, critical info. (Current version of DN uses an average of 1.8 GB of RAM, near at bare maximum allowable memory allocation for a 32 bit process running on a 32 bit version of Windows OS, unless if it's large address aware)

Memory allocation limits for processes. (From MSDN)
      32-bit OS 64-bit OS
      32-bit process 2 GB 4 GB
      32-bit process with /3GB 3 GB N/A
      64-bit process N/A 16 TB

Some few things you may try:
      • Apply WIndows XP compatibility mode to DragonNest.exe
      • Install Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable runtimes.
      • Disable DEP on Dragon Nest.*Discovered that DEP is not enabled for DN with system settings in default. ignore for now*
      • Check Windows installation integrity using sfc and dism.
      • Protest to ED to lower memory usage.
      • Plug additional RAM sticks on MB RAM slots. Minimum system RAM recommended for today's applications is 16 GB—yes, times are changing. You will need 64 bit OS to go beyond 4 GB RAM. (But your's was a laptop. Some laptops have SODIMMs, which you can upgrade. Some had their RAM soldered to the laptop board, which is cannot be upgraded. Well, laptops aren't really worth upgrading. They just come and go. Suggesting to consider the next step as the better way to go.)
      • Only have 32 bit OS and cannot scale your RAM any further than 4 GB? Cannot upgrade RAM 'cause it was soldered hard on the board? Considering your current machine as trash already for today's applications? Have the bucks to spare? Then don't be shy to spend your hard earned money and get yourself a new computer with a minimum specs of 4 cpu cores 16 GB RAM, a good GPU, and a 64 bit OS to compensate for our memory hungry client. - excuse my advertising tone :3
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 04-30-2018, 12:49 AM.
      ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

it might help

/topic/127948-critical-error-out-of-memory-8gb-ram-pc/page__st__200
        Last edited by whitevoid; 01-19-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitevoid View Post
          it might help

/topic/127948-critical-error-out-of-memory-8gb-ram-pc/page__st__200
          post link not working correctly. here fixed it.
          http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic.../page__st__200

I was not given the opportunity to test those answers because I did not ever encountered this type of error. ><.

But a few words for those answers. Just be careful while fiddling with the bootloader settings (bcdedit), doing wrong things will render your WIndows system unbootable. Adjusting paging size/virtual RAM manually is usually not needed since Windows grows this automatically when the need arises. But if you still insist doing it manually, size should be like this. (Amount of total available RAM*2)+some headroom.
          Let's say you have 8 GB RAM. Max size=(8*2)+let say a 6GB headroom. Your maximum paging file size would be 22 GB(22528 MB) and the initial same as the amount of RAM.
          (My system with 8 GB RAM usually reach a usage of 19GB worth of pagefile @_@)

Relying too much on your hard drive to be your active virtual memory will result to a considerable performance penalty because of slower transfer rate of data to the processing unit. Plus it will put a tremendous strain on your hard drive, shortening its lifespan. DON'T EVER USE A SSD FOR VIRTUAL MEMORY. Seriously, you really don't wanna do this.

Paging/Swaps are really not that bad, as long as it is used on a safe manner. They are used to store least used data from physical RAM to the secondary storages to free up some space for the active ones. But for some scenarios. like this for example. When you have a 64bit OS with a 8 GB of physical RAM, and you try to play a heavy game that usually use 12 GB of RAM, the paging/swap files that are just for storing least used data becomes an active memory too, to accommodate the data that wouldn't fit in the RAM. This is BAD. If your system ask for more RAM, give it more RAM, not virtual memory.
          (I have this game, and this scenario is actually my scenario. It is the reason why I hit 19GB+ size of pagefile. I'm fully aware of this strain and play that game moderately T_T).
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-20-2018, 01:43 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
          Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
          DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Originally posted by MeshPolygon View Post
            uhmm any other helpful info please. What did the critical error said? Was it out of memory?

System specs please. OS bitness(32bit/64bit), amount of installed RAM, critical info. (Current version of DN uses an average of 1.8 GB of RAM, near at bare maximum allowable memory allocation for a 32 bit process running on a 32 bit version of Windows OS, unless if it's large address aware)

Memory allocation limits for processes. (From MSDN)
            32-bit OS 64-bit OS
            32-bit process 2 GB 4 GB
            32-bit process with /3GB 3 GB N/A
            64-bit process N/A 16 TB

Some few things you may try:
            • Apply WIndows XP compatibility mode to DragonNest.exe
            • Install Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable runtimes.
            • Disable DEP on Dragon Nest.*Discovered that DEP is not enabled for DN with system settings in default. ignore for now*
            • Check Windows installation integrity using sfc and dism.
            • Protest to ED to lower memory usage.
            • Plug additional RAM sticks on MB RAM slots. Minimum system RAM recommended for today's applications is 16 GB—yes, times are changing. You will need 64 bit OS to go beyond 4 GB RAM. (But your's was a laptop. Some laptops have SODIMMs, which you can upgrade. Some had their RAM soldered to the laptop board, which is cannot be upgraded. Well, laptops aren't really worth upgrading. They just come and go. Suggesting to consider the next step as the better way to go.)
            • Only have 32 bit OS and cannot scale your RAM any further than 4 GB? Cannot upgrade RAM 'cause it was soldered hard on the board? Considering your current machine as trash already for today's applications? Have the bucks to spare? Then don't be shy to spend your hard earned money and get yourself a new computer with a minimum specs of 4 cpu cores 16 GB RAM, a good GPU, and a 64 bit OS to compensate for our memory hungry client. - excuse my advertising tone :3
            Post updated.
            Last edited by MeshPolygon; 04-30-2018, 12:50 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
            DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

You guys may also try using ReadyBoost for flash drives available on Windows Vista and later. It works side by side with Superfetch, a Windows memory management developed by Microsoft, so it might be worth the try.

Just make sure the flash drive that you will be using is intended only for ReadyBoost use. Do not use flash drives that you are using for storing relevant data for ReadyBoost. It shortens flash drives lifespan due frequent reads and writes. You are bound to lose them if you did.

Just another temporary suggestion. :3

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
              DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Nice of you to compile this, shame OP didn't return.

Comment

Originally posted by RWalker View Post
                  So ive been getting Critical Error everytime i do daily quest at Chiron Island it occurs when the quest is almost done i'm using Acer Aspire n its dual core im also windows 7 how can i prevent critical error from occuring everytime?
                  U should replace Win7 with Win10 maybe the errors will go away.
                  http://dnmgame.com.tw/sea_sqdl/en.php

Priestess of Darkness THRONE OF ELVES

https://www.facebook.com/DragonNestMSEA/

WONDERFUL THEME PARK Store( Hero Synthesis)

Comment

Working...
                  X