Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Sound Gone When Switching Audio Output Device

2Hello,

Not sure if anyone here also encounters this problem.

Say in your setup, you use can either use a normal speaker or an earphones.
    When you launch your game in normal speakers, sound would output to the speakers.
    When plugging an earphone, all other sounds of my computer are redirected while DN is left to output to the speaker.

Similar but worse case happens when you launch game in Earphones and switch to speakers. Re-plugging your earphones won't fix it.
    Any workaround with this?

I don't have realtek HD audio manager

its normal, whenever you launch DN, it sets up what audio output device you are using, if it sets, and that device is switched out or turned off, the game sound won't work, it will be fixed whenever you restart the whole game.

it happens to me because i have a USB plug in speakers, whenever i turn off my lights, and my speakers gets grounded and it won't output any sounds, i unplug it and plug it again, but the DN sounds where gone once i have launched the game while DN sets in the audio output device as "THAT" device, which i am talking about is my USB Plug in speakers.

its normal even if you use a realtek HD audio manager, well my opinion that is.

if you use your built in speakers in your laptop or your computer, if you remove or disable your built in speaker in your device manager, and revert it back and turn it on or enabled it, you won't hear any sounds from your DN, its just because its how it is.

but additionally, whenever you plug in your earphones, and plug it out, when using the outlet from your laptop or computer (the white labeled plug that you insert your headpones/earphones) it won't mess up the DN's sound output or audio output since you are just plugging in an external device that is not like any other device that takes over control or manages all the audio or sound on your computer, rather it is just transmitted to that device.

i am sorry if i describe it improperly, or its a messy description, that's all i can work out for as to what i understand about the topic.

Comment

I'm confused, are you from here? http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/supp...-output-device you copied the OP word to word.

Comment

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        Even the thread name is same.

TS added "I don't have realtek HD audio manager", maybe TS read the other thread too, hence the mention of HD manager, but can't reply in it cause it was already solved and locked. And might be implying that he/she is having similar problem but different setup?

• Verbena
        Verbena commented
        Editing a comment
        OP hasn't returned, so I wonder if they found a solution themselves.

@TS, If you are switching between devices while running DN, then there's nothing we could do, you will have to restart it every time. The client didn't come with the ability to reinitialize its audio when the default device was changed during runtime. There might be 3rd party apps that could do it for DN. But it might do some hookings to executable which I think is not allowed by policy?
      ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, I couldn't help you any further than this. I'm afraid to say that you'll just have to bear with it every single time.

• ELpatron50
        ELpatron50 commented
        Editing a comment
        U know the drag when Ur playin' then the audio of your team/squad suddenly sounds like they are cooking lunch
        or arguing loudly what to cook for breakfast i juz hate it.

Quite late, but I hope this would help people that will encounter this issue in the future. We could use VB-Audio's Voicemeeter to do the trick. We set it as the default audio device. And change the output device within Voicemeeter mixing console.
      One workaround I found lately. Hope this helps.

And if you know the know-how, you could even blast your music into voice app like TeamSpeak or Discord, just don't do it too often. :3

For more info, kindly check the Voicemeeter manual:
      Voicemeeter
      Voicemeeter Banana
      *For new Voicemeeter users, it's recommended to read the Voicemeeter User Manual first to understand basics. — VB-Audio Team
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-15-2019, 03:50 AM.
      ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        *Revised. Added more info.

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        Note: While Voicemeeter is running, your computer's unattended sleep timeout won't work. Voicemeeter will keep those devices' audio streams active while running, even if there is no audio activity.

Notifying you in case you're wondering why your pc doesn't sleep after reaching the idle timeout. But you could still make it sleep manually.

Code:
        POWERCFG /REQUESTS
        C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /requests
        DISPLAY:
        None.

SYSTEM:
        [DRIVER] VB-Audio Virtual Cable (ROOT\MEDIA\0004)
        An audio stream is currently in use.
        [DRIVER] Screaming Bee Audio (ROOT\MEDIA\0007)
        [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10438576&REV_1003\4&10945833&0&0001)

AWAYMODE:
        None.

EXECUTION:
        None.

PERFBOOST:
        None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
        None.

Description:
          Enumerates application and driver Power Requests. Power Requests prevent the
          computer from automatically powering off the display or entering a low-power
          sleep mode.
        Last edited by MeshPolygon; 02-09-2019, 11:11 AM.
    Working...
    X