• Show
Clear All

• Dragon Nest SEA Unplayable FPS

Hi guys, before i jump to the subject here is my computer specs

CPU: AMD A10-7860k
    GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 750ti 2gb
    RAM: 2x8gb Kingston Hyper X 1866mhz
    MOBO: ASUS A68HM-K

And my problem is my game is running on a very unplayable FPS.
    I'm playing on 15 ~ 25 fps, in lowest graphics settings to the highest. And even changing the screen resolution doesn't make any difference on the FPS.
    I'm having this low FPS either playing inside a dungeon or idling on towns, it is always the same.
    I changed my computer's power options to "High performance" and made some few tweaking on the nvidia control panel. and it again it doesn't make any difference.
    My friend was playing on a lower specs than mine but he can run the game very smoothly.
    I can play other games like nier automata / battlefield 1 etc on a descent FPS on High ~ Ultra settings,

I'm not really an IT kind of guy so i don't really know what is the root of this problem, i'm hoping for someone to help me fix or explain what is the cause of this unlikely unplayable frame rate. Thanks

Just to confirm since that's an APU, you did plug your display to the GPU instead of motherboard, correct?

Comment

• Jachin
      Jachin commented
      Editing a comment
      My display is plugged on the GPU not on the motherboard

I've also posted something similar to this and there has been no response from the management or technical team. I hope this gets address soon as the game becomes more unplayable if this continues to exist.
    Okay, as the title suggests, I think there is a serious need to optimize the client and the server properly as there have been reports of FPS spikes and client

Comment

please fix this problem.
      No Signature Yet.

Comment

1. Download and install MSI afterburner https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner
        2. Open both DN and afterburner.
        3. Look for the GPU usage % on the right.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	MSI-Afterburner-2.2.5..gif
Views:	296
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	90226
        4. It should be at 100% when doing graphically demanding application.

Comment

• Jachin
          Jachin commented
          Editing a comment
          Done all of that already, even did a clean install for the newest GPU driver. Doesn't change anything.

• Jachin
          Jachin commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm only having this low gpu usage / low FPS problem on DN SEA, my other games are running fine. I did uninstall and reinstall DN but it seems it doesn't work either.

• LazyMcJoe
          LazyMcJoe commented
          Editing a comment
          There may be problem on your computer settings that prevent DN on fully using the GPU. Ask someone on reddit techsupport irc or on DN SEA community discord.

Try disabling Game Mode(a Win10 feature).

Comment

• Jachin
          Jachin commented
          Editing a comment
          Same results

OP, you did check what was your % of GPU and RAM usage right? Can you tell us those numbers? I'm assuming your PC is a desktop, I'm correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Verbena View Post
          OP, you did check what was your % of GPU and RAM usage right? Can you tell us those numbers? I'm assuming your PC is a desktop, I'm correct?
          Took a screenshot on my RAM and GPU usage while playing DN, yes it's a desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Jachin View Post

Took a screenshot on my RAM and GPU usage while playing DN, yes it's a desktop

I'm not sure I'm reading MSI correctly because I have never used it but why does it looks as if your PC is locked to dedicate very little GPU and RAM power to the game?

Anyone here who can read this graph tell what's going on?

Comment

Verbena The resources were under utilized, CPU util should be atleast 50% for this quad core, the GPU, dead silent. The game didn't harness the full capabilities of the machine. This usually happens when there's something bottlenecking the system. But with the TS' rig, I can't tell what's holding it back. It might be caused by wrong configurations, bugged app, viruses, etc. can't really tell sorry
              Last edited by MeshPolygon; 09-26-2017, 10:18 AM.
              ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
              Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
              Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
              DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• Jachin
                Jachin commented
                Editing a comment
                This problem is making me cry ocean, can't do nest or even daily quests lel.

I have been lurking and all people who experienced this issue in other games with more or less the same rig and OS just disabled all power saving features.

There are ways to tweak how much GPU and RAM your PC should dedicate to an application, I think MSI can do that, but don't be reckless and end up setting everything to max. You definitely don't want this.
              Last edited by Verbena; 09-26-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Jachin
                Jachin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep did that too, switch my power options to High Performance. Tried overclocking the CPU and GPU, yeah it gives a boost on performance with the other games, but still didn't give any changes on DN.

Have you already tried doing some of the things below? If not, please try them:
              • Play with vsync off
              • Play windowed mode
              • Disable Xbox app Game DVR
              • Install DirectX redistributable runtimes
                https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
              • Install Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable runtimes
                (from 2005 up to the latest, both x86 and x64. I think DN uses 2005, since a 2005 vcredist_x86 installer is present in the game dir. Other games and apps use these runtimes too, so it would be wise to keep a collection of them)
                http://www.standaloneofflineinstallers.com/2015/12/Microsoft-Visual-C-Redistributable-2015-2013-2012-2010-2008-2005-32-bit-x86-64-bit-x64-Standalone-Offline-Installer-for-Windows.html - the download links there refers to microsoft, so I think it's safe.
              • Try performing a clean boot and run DN.
                For clean boot follow these instructions from microsoft - https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Last edited by MeshPolygon; 09-27-2017, 02:37 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
              Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
              DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• Jachin
                Jachin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep already tried everything there except for the clean boot, ill try that one later

Edit: Yep nothing change Lol
                Last edited by Jachin; 09-27-2017, 08:48 PM.

• MeshPolygon
                MeshPolygon commented
                Editing a comment
                This issue is not caused by application or service interference. - Microsoft

Then it's just either the system or DN itself as the culprit

I recently assembled my new PC and still waiting for merchant to deliver my win 10 OS home 64 bit, and reading this makes me worried
              1st is DN will work smoothly on win 10? coz the computer that im using now is win 7 ulti and i'm not having any issues right now,
              but i'm worried I might encounter a problem using my newly assembled PC... here is my new PC specs

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
              GPU: Palit JetStream GEforce GTX 1060
              MoBo: MSI Bazooka B350
              RAM: G Skill flare DDR4 16GB
              HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda
              SSD: 120gb WDC Solid State Drive
              PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W PSU
              Casing: Deep Cool Kendomen Red Casing

Comment

Originally posted by QueenAvira View Post
                I recently assembled my new PC and still waiting for merchant to deliver my win 10 OS home 64 bit, and reading this makes me worried
                1st is DN will work smoothly on win 10? coz the computer that im using now is win 7 ulti and i'm not having any issues right now,
                but i'm worried I might encounter a problem using my newly assembled PC... here is my new PC specs

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
                GPU: Palit JetStream GEforce GTX 1060
                MoBo: MSI Bazooka B350
                RAM: G Skill flare DDR4 16GB
                HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda
                SSD: 120gb WDC Solid State Drive
                PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W PSU
                Casing: Deep Cool Kendomen Red Casing
                My game runs just fine with high fps (+60) with way less than that (DDR3 8GB RAM and an old GTX 600 series) and Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. As long as you meet minimum requirements, you should be fine.

If you have issues, I will try my best to solve it.

That said OP didn't come back and I wonder if they found a solution.

Comment

• QueenAvira
                  QueenAvira commented
                  Editing a comment
                  maybe it's ur hardware? because the current PC im using now has really low specs but i can play DN perfectly w/ low settings of course and no other opened apps except for DN

• Verbena
                  Verbena commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jachin have you looked up Windows 10 optimization? It could be the OS

• Jachin
                  Jachin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  QueenAvira I think it's not a hardware issue. I don't have any faulty hardwares and my specs are above the system requirements to run DN. I can even run AAA games in high - ultra settings with decent FPS.

Verbena i don't think i'ts the OS. Been running DN in win10 before the server transfer. I didn't change anything on my PC.

Originally posted by Jachin
                i don't think i'ts the OS. Been running DN in win10 before the server transfer. I didn't change anything on my PC.
                Did you mean to say that it changed its behavior right after the service transfer patch or any particular patches? Or, just some time after the transfer?

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
                DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Working...
                X