X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launcher Initialization failed E:5

Hi,

I have been trying to launch my game client but I keep on getting the error:

Launcher initialization failed (E;5)

I looked into the internet and they said I should changed the offline settings of internet explorer
    but I am using Windows 10 so I don't know if those things apply also to Microsoft Edge...
    Please help... I was still able to open this yesterday.

thanks in advance

There are actually more reasons why E:5 happens:

http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic.../#entry1732326

Windows 10 still comes with Internet Explorer, you should check your settings there. Reason is that by law Korean internet users and applications are required to use Internet Explorer.

Mm, I have noticed the CC DN FAQ was taken down and Eyedentity doesn't have a similar one. I will try requesting one.

Comment

I need help. I've also had this problem and I've reinstalled about 8 times now, trying different stuff such as shown in the link. And uhh sorry for posting this here xD I kinda dunno how to post on my own and seeing as there's a thread with the same thing, I thought it'd be better to not make any duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by Eylstadt View Post
        I need help. I've also had this problem and I've reinstalled about 8 times now, trying different stuff such as shown in the link. And uhh sorry for posting this here xD I kinda dunno how to post on my own and seeing as there's a thread with the same thing, I thought it'd be better to not make any duplicate
        The solution for E:5 isn't reinstalling. Please read the link I posted above.

Comment

You can try the dns flush method, just search how to flush dns in (your current os) after flushing your dns turn off your pc and unplug your internet source i guess for an hour or two then try turning it on again, works for me all the time byltw i experienced that error 3 times a'dy and thats the only method that works for me hope that this would help

Comment

Or, you can just bypass the launcher altogether. Just start the main DN executable via a batch script with the appropriate arguments. I can post them here if necessary.

If there is one practice that ticks me off, it is obscure, meaningless error messages. There's a reason for exception::what(), you know (but even if you're not using exceptions or cling to the dated belief that exceptions are slow (not a proper excuse now with DW2 and SEH), you still get the idea: document your errors).
            Last edited by Riugа; 10-11-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I have fixed the error. I restarted my ISP's main router so it could get another IP address as my gateway. It seems there is a problem with that IP address gateway I got from my ISP.

Comment

Working...
              X