No announcement yet.

93 Awakened Sniper PvE Guide: What to Expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say sniper feels terrible now before awakening. Having to use the slow activation of base siege feels terrible. After it seems better but I really hate how you're so dependent on siege now.

Comment

Siege instant defeated the purpose of siege in the first place, which is high-dps high-risk by making urself immobile. Its weakness was always the long cd and now it's like a togglable stance! Although i'll admit ROA instant is funny as hell, wish it was animated to look like a super powerful multishot into the air as instant burst like siege instant. Then again I always loved siege and wished it was used more so thats why I like this awakening lel
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

2nd idn attempt >:3 our team is decent on debuffs, nothing too special
        have not updated my gear, and im still adjusting to awakening

but its looking great! *clap clap*

im excited to see how strong i will be after i get properly geared and learn better about the class

Edit: more attempts today, getting better >:3

Edit: we did much better today, every1 alive, and muffin as well. much higher dps >:3 feel really comfortable now

Edit: subbed for a team run :3 *insert more meow faces*

Edit: likely my final dps before going into idnl, ~85mil for both boss 1 and boss 2, ~48mil end of run (ss taken from different runs)
        i think this demonstrates how well sniper can abuse range advantage and stay strong in different situations. a lot of classes' dps drop hard going from boss 1 to boss 2, due to having to play safe against its rather unpredictable movements. sniper dps can stay relatively the same >w<

Attached Files
        Last edited by Fox Says Meow~; 11-14-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Marturashi
          Marturashi commented
          Editing a comment
          I admire your dps, wish mine was like that!!

Originally posted by ceruulean View Post
        Siege instant defeated the purpose of siege in the first place, which is high-dps high-risk by making urself immobile. Its weakness was always the long cd and now it's like a togglable stance! Although i'll admit ROA instant is funny as hell, wish it was animated to look like a super powerful multishot into the air as instant burst like siege instant. Then again I always loved siege and wished it was used more so thats why I like this awakening lel
        Biggest problem I have is how terrible sniper feels to play now without the awakening. The extreme reliance on it just makes the class feel so strict when you're trying to get wind tokens. ROA instant is super ugly to watch, I wished they made it look better at least and it seems like there is a noticeable delay between damage and animation for it. i wouldn't mind siege being used more if it wasn't so slow to activate without the awakening, at least make an action speed crest for it. The pay off for it just doesn't feel much compared to the other sniper skills that are long like ROA, Wind Shot, and Arrow Barrage.
        Last edited by Orobas; 10-01-2016, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Fox Says Meow~
          Fox Says Meow~ commented
          Editing a comment
          yea lvling was pretty painful.. but it gets much better after u cap. after all, dn is all about end game, i dont think devs care much about that. same thing happens when saint gets their awakening too, u can no longer drop mini relics until u get awakening, so their lvling is even more painful...

Agreed on what people have been saying about playstyle change.

Do I find it fun and still enjoy my sniper? Hell yeah. Does it sort of go against the idea of snipers being long range, slow but strong characters? Also hell yeah. Realistically if you just want consistent DPS why not pick a Warden? (outside of personal fun/enjoyment of course).
        I recently started DN again, after having quit at 90 cap because IDK what was wrong with Nexon's servers but I consistently had insanely high ping, but I'm surprised by some of the shifts they made.

Also is deathbloom EX literally useless now? The explosion damage has never been that impressive in the first place, so what the hell is +50% more going to do? 574% (524+50) damage on 1 hit is nothing impressive. If it did 50% bonus of the original % (so instead it'd be 524+ 267) then I'd maybe care, but this is pathetic.
        I might as well max ACS and get 1 point in moonkick for the lols.

Finally, thank you for the guide. I've had no idea what I'm doing since coming back so this is very useful.

Comment

• Mostein
          Mostein commented
          Editing a comment
          For me I I don't care about being some "slow long range" sniper, I just want to have fun and want the class to actually do what it's description says. I don't want to shoot sissy magical arrows (warden), or kick you 30 times with my feet....even though I HAVE a fucking ranged weapon right in my hands so it makes no sense *cough TEMPEST cough...* I just care about doing what an archer is known for doing, and that is loading as many supersonic projectiles into the fucking target as possible. The awakening finally lets me do that gloriously and is far more inline with the end-game playstyle that I originally expected .

And I really don't get people's beef with the wind arrows, it seems to be something that some here are clutching onto for some reason. It has literally always been your goal as a sniper to fire off as many windshots as humanly possible since they introduced this mechanic. It is still the same concept after this awakening, except now you can only have 20 wind arrows instead of 50. When you have enough points for a windshot, just fire it off like you usually would. No biggie. If you are not trying to go for world record break neck speed clears and shit, then you don't have to sit there and ONLY limit yourself to siege stance and nothing else just because windshot is your most powerful ability, especially when you are just clearing mobs.

Once you get use to the new playstyle, you can pull off some incredibly devastating and fancy looking maneuvers with your whole kit. This class actually has some style now!

Also you mainly use deathbloom for the FD boost and cc, not necessarily the damage.
          Last edited by Mostein; 10-02-2016, 04:49 AM.

• Fox Says Meow~
          Fox Says Meow~ commented
          Editing a comment
          im pretty sure its 524+267, since its 50% of the non ex broad dmg. its not a lot but, since u spam it off cooldown its not too bad. in my most recent run acs did not make it top 10 skills, and deathbloom is at 9th. its mostly due to the fact that u want to siege 24/7 to gather arrows and windshot, it leaves no time for acs and its primarily used as air time extension now. so yea i personally get deathbloom ex over maxing acs. if u need more points, dropping sliding shot might be better, i barely find any use for it as windshot sniper.

I like the change to the playstyle, or rather, the change to siege stance. I remember mentioning on the old forums before it would be cool to have it be a toggle, and now it essentially is one. Feelsgood

Comment

Awakened sniper pve guide. What to expect:
          Foxy carrying me in raids and nests tbh

Comment

oddly enough, i actually like this gameplay '-' as long as we keep windshaft im happy tbh :^)
          AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
            oddly enough, i actually like this gameplay '-' as long as we keep windshaft im happy tbh :^)
            same though it took me awhile to get used to
            .P

Comment

Figured this is the best place to ask but what kind of attack do you recommend for nests (Dad HC, DDN, IDN 4 man) so that you're not entirely carried. I'm still using lvl80 U grade and sitting at 110k-131k which obviously seems low since we are at 93 cap at this point.

Comment

• Fox Says Meow~
                Fox Says Meow~ commented
                Editing a comment
                not too sure, but i would say 150k ish would be a good start >:3

Updated guide~!
              added information about how to utilize Siege Charged Shot, as well as skill%

Comment

Have you done damage comparisons between RoA in siege mode? Close range vs long range? Because if i recall normal RoA did less damage less damage with arrows going up vs going down. Is that the same case for RoA siege because often times you'll already be close to the target spamming right click.

Comment

• Fox Says Meow~
                  Fox Says Meow~ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have, its mentioned in RoA Sniper - How it Works section. It does not suffer the regular RoA penalty, so it still does full damage even if you point blank Siege RoA. I am however not sure how dmg is calculated, and it seems like RoA EX has no effect on Siege RoA. Kinda sucks, RoA is exclusively used in Siege mode/Instant now and both of those RoA EX doesnt work...

• Orobas
                  Orobas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah I missed that, kinda of disappointing how much weaker RoA is, it's a lot more fun basically having a pocket Arrow Barrage on a 5s CD.

Speaking of ROA, do you happen to know the damage differnce between siege RoA versus normal RoA + EX, Fox? For example (made up values) siege RoA is 75% of RoA EX but faster.

Comment

• Minchi
                  Minchi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  deez nutss

• Fox Says Meow~
                  Fox Says Meow~ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i dont know, but i assume they do the same damage, only difference is that siege roa cannot use roa ex. i will do some testing when i have time for it >:3

• QueenBooms
                  QueenBooms commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why you betray me QAQ

guess its a good thing I stopped playing. Shame it sounds like a lame way to make the class boring. Back to lurking

Comment

Originally posted by Soody View Post
                  guess its a good thing I stopped playing. Shame it sounds like a lame way to make the class boring. Back to lurking
                  Omg come back plz. Need to see moar skilled snipers

Comment

Working...
                  X