Tempest or Windwalker for PvE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempest or Windwalker for PvE?

Thinking of making an Acro but only played a bit with a Sniper. Would love to hear the pros and cons of each if any of you have some experience with either. Thanks in advance
    - Chris

Windwalker is pretty lit

source: windwalker main

Comment

Tempest is pretty lit

source: tempest main

Ok, gonna give u some insight on Tempest, just a bit. Main focus is spamming Punch and Hurricance Uppercut while in Spirit Boost, to get the most damage. Combining also with Marionete for the debuff and Kick shot to insta cast Ult. You use almost all the skill from the Acrobat tree, but while SB is up, u just spam Punch and HU.

Pros: I have a lot of fun moving around, since u need to tumble every time u wanna use the combo of Punch and HU. Not a stationary class at all.
      Cons: You need to be moving a lot (lol), which in long nests or raids might be kinda exausting for ur fingers (it had happened to me that my fingers start hurting just a bit after a raid for example). Also u need to be good at dodging, since u are fighting at melee range with stats of a range class (meaning low hp and armor specially).
      Hope it helps.
      Last edited by SqL; 02-19-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Windwalker is very fun! With the addition of awakening windwalkers can now do full damage while airborne 95% of the time during a 30s+ rotation! Show time also gives you great mobility and kicking power temporarily. However, ground-focused blooming kick builds are as popular; that build is very friendly for beginners.

Plus you eventually get to fly and dps targets from above, no matter how big they are (smaller targets are actually harder, though)!

Comment

• Milithistorian
          Milithistorian commented
          Editing a comment
          wait, people use non-blooming kick builds? do you have an example?

• FarfallaN
          FarfallaN commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a dude who posted a video focusing on Eagle Dive combos. The pace is similar to Tempest combos.
          http://www.bilibili.com/video/av6642167/?zw
          Tech rings are available for Blooming Kick and Rising Storm. Tech necklaces are available for Eagle Dive. At this state of necklace stats, a high-agi tech necklace for Eagle Dive is always the best option. Unless you have a Genesis Necklace ofc. This seem likes a "I already teched it so why not" build.

Here are skill breakdowns
          Tech+Crest makes a skill do 32% more dmg. Tech+Crest+Skill-up Crest makes it 38%.

Eagle Dive
          3268.2% 12s CD
          272.35% DPS
          Instant, 50 stacks
          9804.6%

Blooming Kick
          3084% 10s CD
          308.4% DPS
          Instant, 50 stacks
          7710%

Blooming Kick + additioal atk
          4009.2% 10s CD
          400.92% DPS
          Instant, 50 stacks
          10023%
          *This skill applies +20% damage taken debuff for 10s on enemies*

Rising Storm
          9303% 32s CD
          290.71% DPS
          Instant, 50 stacks
          9303%

Swift Attack *No crest/tech available*
          6502% 30s CD
          213.73% DPS
          Instant, 50 stacks
          9753%

Blooming Kick is indeed the best skill, giving you more damage when you land additional attacks. And it is also the only major skill that can be used at long range.
          Although Eagle Dive Instant does only 2.2% less and Rising Storm Instant does 2.7% less. I have crests and tech accessories for 2 builds. One uses Blooming Kick + ult crest and the other one uses Eagle Dive + Rising Storm. I personally just like the flying part and the ultra-mobile nature of the latter.

Here's a rough idea of what my skill rotation looks like:
          https://vimeo.com/205967448

• superkleenex
          superkleenex commented
          Editing a comment
          That vimeo that you linked is nuts. I have no where near the skill required to run like that.
      Working...
      X