Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Archer Class (not only highest DPS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Archer Class (not only highest DPS)

Hi,

As title said, which class of archer do you guys think is the best one?
    Considering like survivability, mobility, and of course DPS.
    No cliche answer like "every player has its own playstyle choose what you like". Asking opinion here..

BTW i main Tempest which is an endagered species, i think..

Note:
    Assuming all class is equal in term of gear.

there is no best girl here imho.

gameplay wise though.
    i think they are all roughly around the same mark although i cannot give you very much insight on Windwalkers as i stopped playing them upon awakenings i can say that archer overall require mastery of your class to unlock most of their potential since WW and Tempest are resource bar based now it's more about your proficiency at utilizing your kit as well as knowing your limitations within the area in which you work in/dps vs safe attacks in nests/raid

Sniper and warden however don't require SO much resource management that they are gated somewhat but it still exists.

Sniper for some odd reason is actually very secure to play as much as a tempest is once you learn how to position and maneuver plus save cooldowns to avoid all oncoming attacks. although you gotta be more deliberate in what you dodge unlike tempest.
    - DPS/spell rotation wise it's pretty simplistic and systematic in how you approach each enemy. (personally opinion as of Dark Banquet and guild base patch if you have not already kill yourself or windshot bug will kill you instead)

Warden is hmmm. very spammy? not so much as you can just constantly fire away like a raven but it's of a similar pattern.
    - as for mobility. it's the most limited of the 4 with no animation cancels whatsoever although it's spell/skill downtime is very little not to mention it's got some range on it. i think of them sorta like LK's gameplay style.

i hope some of this information helps you in some form or manner?

tbh im not even sure what your question itself is implying lol.
    not understandable to me cuz i do not think that any archer is better than another unless you factor in practical use in which case i use the following

Practical
    Warden > Windwalker = Tempest > Silver Hunter > Barbarians > Sniper

for most potential dps it would prolly be WW, Sniper, Warden, Tempest

just my take on it.

archers are pretty even though on paper. i reckon
    Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

Originally posted by TheSomnangMao View Post
      The best archer is a Lunar Knight
      fixd .

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
        TheSomnangMao commented
        Editing a comment
        thank the balancing and game direction for things like that lol

Tempest can cc punisher
      best archer in idn
      sniper flower has some utility, so has aggro control unlike warden while both draw very high aggro

utility wise I would say sniper/ tempest > ww / warden

dmg wise I can't tell they all seem similar and the player is the most important factor
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
        TheSomnangMao commented
        Editing a comment
        yah i say Tempest better utility for sure. it's very mobile with untouchable/space bar dodge/animation cancel having no cooldown in PvE also
        Critical Resist debuff
        Damage Amplifier
        Crowd Control from Hurricane dance able to work on punisher as a constant ongoing loop if you manage your resource bar correctly.

the Snipers Threat/aggro generation is a lil iffy from the Flower/deadly Bloom sometimes, but it still does it job.
        it's very handy at forcing tail swipe in IDN and ok-ish at keeping the Kodiak stuck at mid when you are trying to attack the babies/small summons on outside.

been playing warden a bit and i actually can't make that dragon face me at all during Stage 3 statues. so weird.
        sniper on the other hand he will go on you even if you don't attack him sometimes :<

definitely silver hunter since u stay in the air and bosses just attack the air also the buff made their constant damage much higher. i dont think any gold buyers play sh tho so its underrated

also if u look at db the highest chance to clear is sh/tempest
      Last edited by miki; 05-22-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Trango
        Trango commented
        Editing a comment
        I second this.

sniper because im biased :3

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
        TheSomnangMao commented
        Editing a comment
        >///<

i actually am still very attached to my sniper cuz i learnt most of my info from your guides etc.

i don't wanna think it was all a waste. plus it's a archer and i innately love playing all of them ahaha.
        Last edited by TheSomnangMao; 05-23-2017, 10:09 AM.

• Fox Says Meow~
        Fox Says Meow~ commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks, im glad it helped!
        i feel like sharpshooters are actually using bows properly - staying at range and do dmgs, unlike acros. sniper especially, feels like thematically fits best as an archer and thus i fell in love with her @u@
        many revamp/awakenings later, as little love as devs give to snipers, i feel like the one thing they have done really well is capturing the fantasy of being a long ranged archer raining down dmgs from afar
    Working...
    X