Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About relic placement for Saints

Hello everyone.

I recently made a Saint, but I'm worried that my relics are getting in people's way. I've been trying not to throw them in their faces, but sometimes people run into them anyway. Is there a way to place relics around a boss such that they're still in range for Relic Reaction, but don't get in people's way? Some way to make it obvious to the rest of the party where I'm going to put them next? Do I spread them out or throw them in a pile? Or perhaps something more systematic?

Or do I just forget about Relic Reaction and place them further away from the boss?

How do relics get in peoples way?
    My NA Join Date: 9/28/2016 F2P

My Characters~

IGN - Guild

Gladiators ( Gave away IGN Gladiator ) - Vengeance

Discord

Zeniator#1756

Current Stats~ To be updated @ Xmas

Comment

• Lemon
      Lemon commented
      Editing a comment
      Place a relic on a platform in rdn and you will see

Originally posted by Gladiator View Post
    How do relics get in peoples way?
    Maybe not so much atm, but with awakening lightning relic summons three mini relics automatically, which increases its hitbox. Tbh the only time I can see relics getting in people's way is when boss is stationary and small, which allows saints to pile on relics (rightly so, as this is the only time we have to optimise relic reaction lol -.-). Other than that, boss kinda moves too much or is large enough that relics don't pose a problem :/
    IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

Back in the day, sister and I ran a pally + priest combo and she sometimes place her relics in a way that made it hard to maneuver. Like I'd be kicking Manticore or something and relics would fall down and get in the way of me kicking Manticore. Or other sister would try to jump away on her acrobat, but she can't go very far because of a pile of relics, so then she'd get slapped.

Also someone told me I was blinding them today.

Comment

Cure Relic: Usually center of the map (IDN first boss), near center (RDN first boss), or where you want to lure the boss (6 o' RDN third boss).

Healing Relic: Either cluster them near the boss or space them enough to cover the field but with enough overlap to have cumulative/stacked healing.

Bind Relic: Near the boss for debuff, could place on boss.

Lightning Relic: Hugs the boss/Drop it on the boss for that static field.

If the boss moves around a lot, space them out like you would for healing relic. If the boss tends to stay in the middle (like the grizzly bear), stack your relics as closely as possible to minimize field occupation (or enough to have RR cover a specified area/overlap enough that boss will get hit by every relic).

Be wary that stacking relics together closely can blind your teammates... yeah.
        Last edited by DrTed; 11-02-2016, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Always find it amusing when people run into heal relics in an attempt to avoid mechs but it gets them killed instead.
          Maybe it's just my experience playing as a saint talking, but every party member should be aware of relic placement as it happens to avoid mistakes - something I've learned to do when partying with other saints.
          Personally I tend to stack all my relics in one place to optimize RR -generally on the opposite side of the boss as everyone else- and also to avoid having them run into a mass of relics whenever some ohko mech comes along. (Mind that this only works for bosses that aren't Pether, since cure can still reach around them. But red dragon is too big to allow that, so you'd need to stack with everyone else and spread the love a little more.)
          Last edited by Cipherel; 11-02-2016, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipherel View Post
            Always find it amusing when people run into heal relics in an attempt to avoid mechs but it gets them killed instead.
            Sometimes I get blocked by my own relics and almost die xD
            IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I'll be sure to keep all this in mind.

Comment

as everyone have said it's best to stack or have a strategic formula for relics spamming it wisely and where. for more info we have (we tried) a collective saint thread here http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...f-na-thread-qa
                Anthelus - Exiled Guardian
                Shinzu - Barbarian of Soar
                Xinzu - Ronin Saint
                Rinzu - Gladiator of none
                Singular - anal Destroyer
                Muzu - anal driller
                DaddyKun#9170

Comment

• BasementDweller
                  BasementDweller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dat moment when in the general saint thread you link it to here and then here you link it back to the general saint thread xD

• Cipherel
                  Cipherel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As if everyone who was interested in the saint topics wasn't following both threads anyway

• Anthelus
                  Anthelus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cipherel lol thats true, was trying to at least keep the contents of our section neat unlike the warrior's barrack..cough. But I' m probably the only one trying so ohwhale lmao

If your tank is turning the idn first boss just space them away so the tank has room to hug it, otherwise I would recommend clustering heal relics in one spot consistently, putting lightning and bind wherever
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                Who guards the guardians?

Comment

I want to say one important thing.

Do not position your healing relics and cure relics SOLELY to add them to the Relic Reaction pile (unless you're fighting a largely stationary boss like Jasmine and the dragons). The massive drop in visibility is NOT worth the extra minuscule 1-2k% damage.

By all means, go ahead and do it if you're in an experienced raid group, but if you're subbing/going along with random parties, in my experience, most people do not take the massive relic blocking very well.

(I'm actually mildly disappointed that Saint awakening didn't reduce the size of Healing and Cure Relic EX, but eh.)
                  Last edited by SaitoHikari; 11-16-2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Anthelus
                    Anthelus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    idk if this is dumb but does movement speed affect cast time for relics?

• SaitoHikari
                    SaitoHikari commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope. Unfortunately.

Saint awakening however will make Saints a LOT more mobile by sheer virtue of how Lightning Relic Awakening works. Soon everyone will know what I mean.

• Anthelus
                    Anthelus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SaitoHikari yeah i havent played in kDN nor SEA but after seeing videos, the fact that LR automatically adds mini relics is pretty damn nice.
                Working...
                X