Arch Heretic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Heretic

With the Arch Heretic coming out, i decided to make a thread dedicated to it. Can discuss skill builds, playstyles and the like . As for my prep for it coming out this Thursday, here's how my progress has been going

Damn beat me to it trying to start up a thread xD. Was going to call it Archheretic Assembly of Advice/Assistance lol.
    Anyways what stats do archheretics stack? Strength and Dark attck?
    IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

• JustACrus
      JustACrus commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. Str-based w/ dark element phys

This is good cause I wanted an opinion on my pve build for Arch Heretic. Also for Power Accelerator you can go either the dark att or FD. If you build heavy into FD then go that route but if not building much FD then go dark.

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...0----0-0-0-00-

Comment

• BowieSage
      BowieSage commented
      Editing a comment
      It also comes down to diminishing returns. One of the reasons that the FD buff is preferred over Fire Atk for Dark Avenger is due to the fact that Dark Avenger has a +40% Fire Atk buff that's quickly renewable, meaning that he can easily maintain high Fire Atk with the right gems/titles/techs/costumes, whereas Silver Hunter can't do so as easily (and thus the ele% is a more significant boost option for her). Arch Heretic is fairly similar in this regard. It's simple enough to stack Dark% pretty high (since he has a 180s +40% Dark% buff, and gems/titles/techs/costumes add to it) unless you're heavily focused on Final Damage.

For example, if you have high ele%, but you don't have any Final Damage and get the passive, you'll get an overall 10% damage boost. However, if you have, say, 50% FD already and get the additional 10%, it's only going to be about a 6-7% overall boost, whereas if you have that much FD but no Dark%, getting the Dark passive will result in a 15% boost before applying enemy ele-resist and buffs (and when factoring in the buff (for +40% overall before getting the passive) and no ele% from equips or titles, it's a 10-11% boost). So it ultimately comes down to how much you're geared towards either and how much diminishing returns will affect you.

Still, since DA and AH can more easily stack ele% thanks to their buffs, it's generally more beneficial in the long run to get the FD passive.
      Last edited by BowieSage; 01-21-2017, 08:26 PM.

This will be helpful for me haha.
    Btw, Arch Heretic costume looks great!

Comment

Last update before release :P

Comment

Good thing I can just ehance transfer my +12's from my saint onto str gear for heretic! woo hoo

Comment

For power accelerator, how does the FD increase work? Is it a multiplier or just +10% so if I have 0% I now have 10%? I checked it out in a gear simulator and it seemed to be the later of those two. Would like to clear this up as not being a FD stacker (because I'm poor) the multiplier would be fairly useless, but the flat 10% would be amazing.

Also would anyone happen to know the max for nightmare force?
          Last edited by Grrhen; 01-19-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Levelled from 1 to 93 in 5 hours. I'd say that's pretty quick for not taking the casual's way out of using Chronicle. ^^

Comment

Found out the max nightmare force is 100 meaning you can get 50% of your STR as phys dmg. But while figuring out this number I think I might of encountered a bug, or at least a wrong skill description. On Brutal Soul it says "Afterwards, additionally enter [Normal Attack Button] to use [Pain to gain] continuously." to me it sounds like we're supposed to be able to use Pain to gain multiple times in a row while having Brutal Soul active, or at least be able to use it multiple times right after activating Brutal Soul. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong or misreading the skill, but this seems like a decent size bug or typo as being able to ignore the 30s cd on Pain to gain would be huge for heretic.

Comment

• Potoo
                Potoo commented
                Editing a comment
                It might be a translation error. Probably meant you click to use Pain to Gain immediately afterwards, i.e. you continue into PtG, not continuously use PtG.

• Grrhen
                Grrhen commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, I thought that too. Just felt I should make it known to people though. Being able to use Pain to gain continuously would also be extremely overpowered.

Current skill crests: Arch heretic buff duration, Sawblade CD, Savage attack Damage, Evil hand damage, Devastation damage
              Also have Sawblade and Devastation tech'd :3

Might switch some crests around, would love to hear your thoughts

After an IDN Norm run (which i completed before my sader... :O )
              Last edited by JustACrus; 01-21-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Milo
                Milo commented
                Editing a comment
                Your crests are really weird, and your skills distribution is also odd.

First, you don't need a buff duration crest for your transformation. it's 90s....you can re-transform after 10s, so more than enough for 100% uptime.

Second, evil hand is your debuff, not your main damage, so you shouldn't be cresting it unless it's for cooldown for full uptime on the debuff, but you don't really need to in my opinion.

Third, you should be prioritizing Deadly blow, Devestation, Sawblade, Savage attack, and your ulti (when it's not getting its stupid no damage glitch) as your main dps skills. The rest is just filler. Your carnage should not be #2 on the list - that tells me that you're just standing there carnaging when you shouldn't be (if your goal is max dps).

I suggest you watch this dps video I made and adjust your rotation. You're missing out on a lot of dps that you could be doing, especially with deadly blow. Read your class mastery II. The crests I'm using are ulti cd, devestation action speed (you can use dmg, but I prefer as so I can spam it without taking forever to cast), Deadly Blow dmg, Sawblade dmg (could go for cd here, it's just your preference).

Last edited by Milo; 01-21-2017, 11:05 AM.

• JustACrus
                JustACrus commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, i made some adjustments to my crests this morning. Still playing around w/ it tho
            Working...
            X