Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth it to invest damage to a guardian/saint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it to invest damage to a guardian/saint?

Should a person go for decent weapons for a guardian or saint once they have all the health they need? Or should they not even bother because they are not dps classes, and doing damage isn't their job?
    “We don't inherit an identity; we get to invent it. And we get to re-invent ourselves as often as we like. And that means that every day, when you wake up in the morning, you have to decide what kind of person you want to be.” - Barry Schwartz

Personally I say yes. I've been gearing my saint for damage since I started because I didn't want to be dead weight and I wanted to actually contribute to party dps (also wanted to solo nests). That being said during raids my damage is negligible, but in 4man parties I feel like I'm also helping out since I'm putting out okay damage.
    Also really depends on how you like to play. I think if you're content with playing the role or tank or healer, then it's okay to not have damage, especially since most people will not expect you to provide much damage anyways. Otherwise if you meet the health requirements, I say why not go for more damage
    IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

You should always gear to the fullest if this is your main. You should always try to contribute to team success in any way possible.
      Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Support and healing in Dragon Nest isn't like other MMOs at all. In all the other games I played (I always play the healer class), you are constantly casting heal,support, and Rez skills - you don't have much time for DPS. Here, your main heal is on a 60 second CD, there really isn't much party buffing, and you don't Rez teammates - which leaves a lot of time for DPS skills.

So so with that being said, most players gear their Saints with more damage than a typical healer, because you have a lot more opportunity to do damage. Just have enough HP to stay alive.

Comment

If u want to nest, yes (better quality of life in dailies too)
          If u want to raid, yes

Reason is most teams dont have og geared dps (NA server is relatively poor) so having dmg will help with dps checks
          Also saint heal gets a bonus from matk so stacking it is good regardless.

Actually there is an exception
          A guardian's barrier is dependant on health so stacking hp will increase survival, since in a raid a guardian does less dmg than a similar geared saint if hes tanking properly
          However theres a point of overprotection where it becomes unnecessary and dps would better serve the team
          A crusader is a hybrid tank-dps and really can only build dps
          Last edited by ceruulean; 01-30-2017, 09:49 AM.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          Who guards the guardians?

Comment

my saint does like 20m dps with +6 rdnl weapons...which is kind of sad bc it would do more than my shooting star if it had the same gear
            Last edited by Lemon; 01-31-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X