Spirit Dancer Build help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Dancer Build help

I was wondering if anyone has a pve build for spirit dancer? Also for accessories and the like, besides building phys dmg and strength, should I also pay attention to crit dmg (stinger seems to indicate that)?

I knew this was coming. Spirit Dancer being the last to have it's own thread... Best build would be to copy a Blade Dancer's build and reroll to BD q.q.. They get everything.

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0---0--00--00
    That's the build I'm thinking of going with if I ever decide to reset my build. Could take the SP out of Mist Caper and Butterfly Whirl and put them into Chakram Flurry but man do I hate that skill without it's EX.. Mist Caper is level 6 cuz it's nice to use it outside of combat, I know the skill resets when it hits.

Breamin/HeavenBlosom would probably be the best with helpin ya with gear related questions.

Comment

• WaRVoT
      WaRVoT commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much SkitzoRoy! Im very glad that you read my comment and reply immediately! ^.^
      This helps me a lot!
      Btw I have another question, there is another char that caught my attention--its Artillery.
      And now im in a middle of dilemma coz im choosing between SD and Arti. Idk what to do, can you give me some pointers that can help me choosing between those 2?
      Thanks in advance! ^^

• SkitzoRoy
      SkitzoRoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, Artillery vs Spirit Dancer. Well, for one, in my experience, I don't see a lot of Artillerys in PvE. I think Snipers out DPS them so Snipers are taken in raids instead of them.
      But, if I were to compare the two classes together, Spirit Dancer is a close range class, Artillery is a medium range class. With Spirit Dancer, you're going to be pretty close to bosses a lot of the time which can make it harder to react to and dodge certain skills. Artillery will be able to hang back and watch what a boss is going to do. So it should be a bit easier to react to attacks especially since Artillery has a few skills that make dodging attacks rather easy (Tumbling Shot, Cyclone Harpoon, and Aerial Chain Shot). However, unlike Spirit Dancer, Artillery does not have a self-heal, so if you do get hit, you're going to be reliant on your party members to heal you.
      I'm not entirely sure on the rotations and priority of skills Artillery uses, so I won't be able to get into that. It would probably be best for you to go on YouTube and look up Dragon Nest Artillery videos (93 level cap ones) to get a good idea of how the class is going to be played. I'll try to put a link to one or two that I find at the end of this comment.
      As for Spirit Dancer rotations, you're mainly going to be trying to: Use Dance of Ecstasy, do a couple of debuff/buff skills, then burst out some big damage, then use some filler skills while your high-damage skills are on cooldown, then burst again, filler again, and repeat all of this with using Dance of Ecstasy again. YouTube is also a good place to find out how Spirit Dancer playstyle is, so I'll try find a good video again.

Artillery video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNqCWdIQOY
      Artillery video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT8MTAYdAOY this is a pretty decently geared Artillery. Red Dragon Legendary Gear.

Spirit Dancer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxZLnmJq6w this was when KDN first got Spirit Dancer awakenings so, it doesn't have all the awakenings we have now since Spirit Dancer got its awakenings in 2 patches. However, I think this video should give a good idea of Spirit Dancer playstyle.
      Spirit Dancer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_0FfW48iT4 This person is really geared here (the playstyle is a tiny bit different (you don't have to use one of your skills to buff) when you're really geared). Note: this person is one of the most geared Spirit Dancers I've ever seen. Check out their channel if you want to see what a super geared Spirit Dancer can do!

If you notice though, Artillery has to be a lot more careful with not getting hit by attacks. Whereas Spirit Dancer can be a bit more reckless (it helps to have good gear to be reckless however). Try not to compare the damage in each of these videos as these are all different people with different gear. Try to focus on the playstyle. And as always, I hope this helps!
      Last edited by SkitzoRoy; 04-09-2017, 02:00 PM.

• WaRVoT
      WaRVoT commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much again SkitzoRoy!
      For replying to me with a great and detailed answers to my questions. I appreciate it.
      This helps me a lot!

Wow, thanks for the quick response! This is exactly the kind of reference I was hoping for. I play DN pretty casually and the last time I was around was for 80cap (and more relevant I guess?! She has the planet ranchea set and was gonna be my moneymaker but then I quit lol). I just hit 93 today and was looking at my skill tree wondering why tf I have swivel charge. (Mobility? Everyone has dash now so it feels pointless.)

Originally posted by SkitzoRoy View Post
    I knew this was coming. Spirit Dancer being the last to have it's own thread... Best build would be to copy a Blade Dancer's build and reroll to BD q.q.. They get everything.
    B-but praetor ex is so sick... TToTT

Comment

No problem, I happened to be lurking around. Congrats on getting to 93!
      Swivel Charge has an iframe (which is nice) and it used to apply a 20% damage buff to targets hit by it. Now, Swivel Charge no longer does that, Mist Caper took its place. You probably had it for at least one of those reasons. Also, Spirit Dancer skills were buffed at 90 cap I believe? Maybe Swivel Charge was better back then.

Praetor EX is sick. But it can't be reset like the Blade Dancer's 50 Bust Dementia Or turned for that matter..
      It just sucks to have to do all of Illusion Dance > Mist Caper > Dusk Hunter > Sting > (Needles of Despair for that tiny damage transfer?) > Praetor > GDB only to have the boss go into some iframe right before the last hit of Praetor making you lose all of that glorious damage...

Comment

• juujuu
        juujuu commented
        Editing a comment
        "GDB only to have the boss go into some iframe right before the last hit of Praetor"

Oh god this hits home so hard. When that happens there's a moment of confusion where I'm just like, "Now what?"

Woah, where are the actual Spirit Dancers at?

http://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/s...-0---0--00--00

Max and tech Abolisher. Learn to love this skill and pretty much spam it off cd. Abolisher, at lvl 16, does 4.1k%, is an iFrame, and only has a 6sec cd! Combine that with Illusion Dance+EX and it puts every other dancer skill to shame.Mist caper resets itself when you land the hit so no need to rank past 1, while swivel charge is still a useful i-frame.

In terms of filler skills, do not rank up the BD tree skills since their casting time is slow without the EX and you should be focusing on generating bubbles to cast Illusive Gaze. Stalker fills that role nicely since it has a low cd of 8secs and benefits from Illusion Dance. Cycling between stalker, dusk, and abolisher should yield a consistently high bubble count.

Tech accessories, such as Praetor earrings and Abolisher ring, are advised. Gearing is dependent on budget so equip what you can afford [obviously one should be aiming for end game gear (iDN L)]
      Last edited by Indi; 10-14-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• juujuu
        juujuu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the overall guidance!! I've been noticing I use Abolisher a lot (naturally), and even cast it in between waves of enemies to maintain bubbles since it comes back so fast.

http://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/s...-0---0--00--00 This is what I use on my spirit dancer, waiting on awakenings to make a new build but what I use till then :3. Always like using a dance 1 tech for dem smexy emergency heal and +1 stalker from weapon~ When I get my crest I get either Abolisher or Dance. Depends on what I'm doing that month :^)

Comment

Working...
      X