Spinning Takedown EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning Takedown EX

Okay, at first this was very difficult to pull of. I didn't even know there was a different color for doing it correctly, but there is.

If you press Right Click at the right moment during "Spinning Takedown" you will launch a Red attack. This version is the EX one, which does DOUBLE the damage then if you hit with the Green Attack.

The BIGGEST problem with this is, ALL Action Speed buffs change the point in which you have to cast. This includes Harmony, Erratic Power, AND Shard of Will (even though it doesn't say AS on it). I learned 3 different timings because I did not know this at first.

As much as I would like to give a guide to help people, I am not good in that department. So I will just tell you how I can launch it pretty consistent now.

No Speed Buffs is a 3 Count then Right Click. No, not 3 Seconds. A 3 count. 1, 2, 3CLICK.
    With Harmony and Erratic Power it is a LONG 2 Count. 1, 2 CLICK.
    Then With Harmony, Erratic Power, AND Shard of Will. It is a 2 count. 1, 2CLICK.

There is a slight visual queue as well, but it is hard to catch so I found it easier to count.
    This works for me, but may now work for you. Just wanted to share.

RIGHT

WRONG

EDIT:
    Sorry, Don't know how to make the Images show. Need to right click - Open in new tab. The img - /img code from Nexons forums didn't work.

Side note.
    I am NO Master at doing this. I can constantly do it out of combat, solo. In the field. However, for some reason. IDK if it is lag or WHAT. I can not land the timing right in a Nest with a group. It is absurd. The window needs to be increased a bit more.. . Getting tilted. I know I Can do it, I constantly do. But in a nest? Nope.
    Last edited by Acklay; 10-01-2016, 12:30 PM.

You can say this for any lencea skill tbh. Like hornets touch and iframes that need timed well always get varied by your action speed and more action speed = smaller windows for accuracy but bigger windows for damage. Its just something you have to get feels for it tbh. Ik that doesnt sound helpful but thats all there really is to it. :x Also it sounds like you are lagging in parties. You not gona land it much at all with fps lag so maybe turn off party effect.

Comment

Maybe, but those iframe skills give you more time to pull off. I know, I use Hornet Touch as well. But ST EX seems like it is only 0.1-0.2 seconds TOPS to press at the right time. In this style of game, that is insanely difficult. People keep telling me just to Macro it. Which, I am going to guess will become the norm even though it is against the rules.

All they need to do is slightly, very slightly, increase the window for it. I do not lag, at least. I do not lag to where I personally notice it. But just to get a minute amount of lag in combat will make it so you cannot land this attack. I can do it constantly Solo and in Field. But in a group of 2+? It seems to be non existent.

Comment

Would really like some more info on this maybe a video or gif? One without the speed buffs and one with them harmony, erratic power, & shard of will. I was only able to do this once. I need to see this done right.

Comment

Heres a good reference. This is without shard. No need to do one without buffs since EP is now permanent and class buffs are only 10s cd.

Comment

Its more of a muscle memory thing i guess, i did nest today and i missed 2-3 spinning takedown extra dmg out of 6 full runs. Its not hard but its not easy either at 1st.

Comment

These skill tooltips are really something. All this time since Lencea was released and I NEVER knew this was even a thing. I just thought the green version was the higher damage one. The funny thing is that even without executing it correctly, Spinning Takedown already accounts for more than half of my damage. Anyway, thanks for bringing this mechanic to my attention! I wish the skill tooltips were more descriptive...
              Last edited by Krikenemp; 10-08-2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Misa
                Misa commented
                Editing a comment
                This was a recent change. March patch, iirc, in KDN.
                Last edited by Misa; 10-09-2016, 09:28 PM.
            Working...
            X