Looking for tips and tricks on Dragoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tips and tricks on Dragoons

Looking for any level 93 skill builds, tips and tricks, and possibly Dragoon main gameplay on raids and solo dungeons.

Thank you!
    Dragoon
    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Plates: Spinning Takedown DMG, Twirling Thrust AS, Backflip Pierce DMG- more optionals is Hornet's Touch CD, Charging Sweep DMG, etc

The Dragoon gameplay and skill builds became a lot more simple and straightforwards. Really all there is to it is timing Spinning Takedown, debuffs and spamming Twirling Thrust for Weak Point/BFP and Charging Sweeps between Spinning Takedown CD's. Since Twirling Thrust is such a low CD and basically main proc for WP, Dragoon doesn't need Valk fillers at all. Maybe Piercing Spike for stomps? Double somersault was mobility but now there is dash. Dragoon tree is pretty much self sustaining. I recommend stack light and getting Champagne ulti since the burst incredible with ST especially for dps checks n stuff. The new Leap ulti is worthless since the damage is about the same and procing WP for BFP is no longer a big priority.

Maybe I'll upload gameplay at some point if I feel to play my Dragoon, but I feel that someone else can show more passionate gameplay '-'
    Last edited by miki; 10-15-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

miki Thanks for the info. I was looking at some gameplay to get a grasp of skill rotation, what skills are used to dodge, and what ways skills should be used, etc. Class seems fun, but whatever content is out there seems a bit dated otherwise.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Hero your changing to dragoon now? :3

IGN`S: RoryMercury / Rory / Emilia

Discord: Rory#1786

Comment

Originally posted by Azunyan View Post
          Hero your changing to dragoon now? :3
          I don't think I'll main Dragoon. At most it'll be a properly geared alternate character.
          Dragoon
          TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

I don't like advertising my own content but as there are very few, if any 93 Dragoon vids out right now for NA I decided to make one. Hope it helps you gain a better perspective on the class!

Comment

• aaron
              aaron commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your video. This is something along the lines of what I was looking for.

• miki
              miki commented
              Editing a comment
              wew shameless self promotion !!

jk ur 3 mlg 5 me

Hi, I have a few questions about dragoon before I reset my build:

1. Preferred element conversion? I know light is recommended for using Champagne, but I was wondering how dark conversion compares.
            2. Spinning Takedown: Dmg or CD plate? I've also seen it used both ways.
            3. Which of these 2 builds should I use (or edit)? One uses Leap + WP and the other uses Champagne + Light-converted Spinning Takedown.
            The Champagne build takes up extra SP (which I took from Forceful Bounce) because the entire Valk tree is a prerequisite:

Leap: https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0---0--00--00
            Champagne: https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0---0--00--00

Thanks in advance :3

Comment

• Misa
              Misa commented
              Editing a comment
              1. You can convert to anything you'd like. Dark is better if you have radiants. If you have genesis necklace and abyss' earrings then it doesn't matter what conversion you choose with light being only slightly superior compared to other conversions due to the nature of champagne.

2. I personally use dmg however cd will, theoretically, be better if you use it everytime it is up. Will probably be better if you're capped fd though because of diminishing returns.

3. For the leap build, it looks good (don't really need spear reflect). The champagne build you have to have at least level 1 leap to learn dragoon skills. Also if you have leap you don't have to learn twirl trance to get champagne and I'd still highly suggest taking level 3 leap because champagne is situational as you are a melee class, mobile bosses will make it useless.

These are what I use.
              Any conversion: https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0---0--00--00
              Light conversion: https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0---0--00--00
              Last edited by Misa; 11-02-2016, 11:40 AM.

• Mirein
              Mirein commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the advice!!

you can get the valk ulti by just having the dragoon ulti

Comment

you can get both ulti for having twirling thrust lv1or twirl trance lv1. i still think champagne is optimal cos even tho its situational you just have to find the right moments to use it and dps checks give u plenty of time for setup and bosses dont move much or at all during this times. leap does less dmg and no benefits afterward but i guess it can be nice for hitting multiple targets. but for that i think enahnced spinning takedown pre much covers that.

anywho, a lot of it depends on ur playstyle but for highest possible dmg go light with champagne and practice using it during intense situations. abyss earing makes up for most of radiant dmg.

Comment

I"ve tried both. My dps isn't all that different between the two builds, but yeah thats what I'll be using if i ever get genesis necklace and abyss' earrings.
                Last edited by Misa; 11-02-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

what a convenient quicky guide

Comment

Working...
                  X