Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoon/Flurry's current DPS capabilities

hey guys,

I'm not one to jump on the dps train (always), but I was wondering how everyone else feels dragoon is at.
    As in, people class her as a DPS but when I play her, I'm not feeling a whole lot of dps.
    I don't exactly compare alot, but after running a TKN HC w/ a sniper packing a +6 IDN U bow, I'm ready to shred my doubts.

So I've posted up both my stats (I know, they're pretty low I guess), the sniper's gear (+2 halloween EC weapons), and the damage we dealt.
    The first is the sniper's (7.995bil) and below that is a physician's (4.802bil); I gotta say my 4.636bil feels pretty abysmal.

Some people have told me dragoon is an outright strong DPS, so is it my gear/stats? or possibly the way I'm playing? or are dragoons just not that strong yet w/o improvements and awakening?

ty if you read all that
    Wafia - Flurry
    Wang - Guardian

discord: wangos#9761

Flurry has a High skill level required like Glad. Flurry is high dps atm but possibly requires gearing to deal damage.
    It isn't buffed in NA yet either.
    Your dps will be severely limited if you are not landing your burst accurately as well.
    How often do you land spinning takedown?
    My NA Join Date: 9/28/2016 F2P

My Characters~

IGN - Guild

Gladiators ( Gave away IGN Gladiator ) - Vengeance

Discord

Zeniator#1756

Current Stats~ To be updated @ Xmas

Comment

• Misa
      Misa commented
      Editing a comment
      Landing takedown 100% vs 70% of the time makes a huge difference.
      Last edited by Misa; 12-21-2016, 03:03 PM.

• Rachel
      Rachel commented
      Editing a comment
      Sniper also has an easier time capping crit in 93 as well, might want to take that into account.

• miki
      miki commented
      Editing a comment
      if you can land takedowns the rest straightforwards, but in the future they will extend enhance duration so more people can play it with good damage.

Honestly, with my personal bias at play, I'd say a geared Dragoon in raid is perhaps only surpassed by a geared Gladiator, just by the sheer amount of HP that Coup shreds. In nests I think there's a case to be made that Dragoon stands above all other classes, warrior/archer/sorceress awakenings included. Even more so when Dragoons get their 50% STR buff. Can't comment on how the upcoming awakenings will affect my view of this ranking though.

Comment

• Misa
      Misa commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly I think they'll still stand above the rest except for Adept. Can't say for Saders though.

ecks dee

Comment

Spinning takedown is only part of your damage, you also have to proc weakpoint as much as possible, so if you're familiar with traditional dragoon gameplay that would help (and a mod to make weakpoint easier to see -cough-)

Well I haven't played it since the revamp but my dmg in pve/pvp was ass unless I managed to put up erratic power and the red circle and burst with all debuffs on
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• Misa
        Misa commented
        Editing a comment
        After the revamp, spinning takedown is all of your dmg.

• ceruulean
        ceruulean commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao gg what's the cd on spinning takedown? There must be some filler in between no?

• Lamian
        Lamian commented
        Editing a comment
        On my derpy Dragoon alt, I don't have Spinning Takedown teched at all and I have a Backflip Pierce tech. For me Spinning Takedown is usually around 50% of my damage, and BFP around 20%, give or take some thanks to RNG.

If I were to double tech Spinning Takedown and ditch the BFP Tech in favor of something better (like a Genesis Neck), then that'd scale Spinning Takedown up to ~55% of my damage. Obviously it's not literally all of your damage, but just to put it in the context of the OP's performance going from 7/10 to 10/10 perfect Spinning Takedowns could increase her overall output by 20% (if her damage distribution is anything like mine).

Also, as a side note BFP is very different now than it used to be. With its greatly decreased CD it can be used even more for utility than it could have been before. Even if it's somehow on CD when you get a proc, that miss is comparatively a much, much smaller portion of your damage than it did back in the day.

I might even argue that old and new Dragoon play very, very differently, to the point where having played one variant doesn't really have much direct carryover to the other. Old Dragoon needed to manage high hit-count skill CDs and roll the dice on when they wanted to try for a Weak Point proc every single time BFP was about to come off CD. Their playstyle completely revolved around BFP. New Dragoon can pretty much constantly search for a proc unless Spinning Takedown is off CD, in which case she better land that double hit ST before going back to proc footsies.

thx for them replies guys
      clearly have so much to work on - the difficulty is worth it though
      still decades before i'll be able to upload a gameplay vid :/
      Wafia - Flurry
      Wang - Guardian

discord: wangos#9761

Comment

Working...
      X