For pvp Valkyrie or Dragoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For pvp Valkyrie or Dragoon

both got buffs with DMG and CD but idk which to choose. I'm a Valkyrie atm but idk if I should switch to Dragoon. Any responses will be appreciated. Ty!

well if you arent 1v1ing valkyrie will take you a bit further than dragoon since they have better aoe and cc overall. if you are in 1v1 dragoon will be better until you reach a certain skill cap on valkyrie since their main damage is afterimage and very easy to read but also very strong. i think dragoon is definitely meant for 1v1 for how their skills works and they lost a lot of sa in the past. but soon both will have nice buffs in pvp!
    Last edited by miki; 01-23-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks! I still gotta think about some factors with both classes, but this helped

Comment

As a 1v1 Lencea main having played both Valkyrie and Dragoon, I have to say they both are extremely strong now after the patch. With Erratic Power becoming absolutely free speed and damage in PvP as well now, it's only a matter of choosing a playstyle you enjoy.

IMO Valks have a higher skill cap in terms of 1v1 due to the huge bursts of damage you can throw out; thus, if you can catch your opponent without evades, then they are pretty much dead, as long as you don't drop a combo. This is important, because you want to maximize the full damage of twirl trance's after images as well as the explosions. Do you like to outplay your opponent into setting up huge DPS burst combos (and also have much prettier skills)? Because Valkyries have slightly lower utility than Dragoons, it will be a little harder for Valkyries to set up damage combos; however, it will be very rewarding. If that is how you prefer to play, Valkyrie is the way to go.

Dragoons on the other hand, have higher catching capabilities due to increased range of their EX skills, as well as an increase in super armor for their 32, Twirling Thrust. A lot of their damage can come from simply hitting the enemy without being in a combo; quick procs of Weak Spot into Backflip Pierce is an easy 20%+ gone from your opponent. Similarly, you can deal massive damage with Spinning Takedown if you hit RMB at the right timing. Do you want to enjoy a fast paced match where you continuously poke your opponents, waiting for the moment the Weak Spot debuff pops up on your screen to do 30k+ damage? This is where Dragoons shine. You can play aggressively and keep your opponents on edge, while having skills that will get you out of trouble: namely, Backflip Pierce. I honestly believe Dragoon is easier to learn than Valkyrie right now, but it really depends on how you want to play your matches. At this point, a player's skill level and playstyle matters more than the class's kit.

It all boils down to how you want to play.

Whichever you decide to choose though, just remember to have fun! It's a game after all :P

Valkyrie - Kotori
        Dragoon - KoiYuki
        Priest - NeonFlare

Comment

• miki
          miki commented
          Editing a comment
          This is best advice tbh

• Nixi
          Nixi commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, this really helped too! Thanks so much!

They're the same class essentially, just pick which skills you like better.

Both have absurd burst atm, Dragoon has higher overall DMG but Valks DMG, for the most part, easier to land at a higher rate. The Valk 32 was already strong with the para along with being able to be used twice, now it's on 24 sec CD, and the one skill that made managing a valk very hard, Dance of Light became a 5 sec CD instead of 12. Dragoons are just a monster however if given the chance as shown in the vid below of with their max DMG possible, only problem is all their evades need to be gone which is unlike Valk where you can just para them with your 32 and follow with arcane for dmg/lift if needed. I would recommend Valk for people who play female/ranged classes for the majority as they know how to abuse AoE and focus on that set-up DMG. Drag for people main more of the male/melee classes and enjoy comboing people to death, if you have played reaper or glad and enjoyed either, this is 100% your pick IMHO.

If you have good aim/like to style on people - Valk
        If you love watching see people struggle - Drag

Comment

• Nixi
          Nixi commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, thanks a lot! ATM I'm dragoon and people get so mad lol
      Working...
      X