• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Reaction to Defensio Twister Kick Changes

is this a good thing or a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by Lurixia View Post
      is this a good thing or a bad thing
      I mainly just found it really cool at the height it can go, but the ex does do 100% more damage now so thats something, you can also cancel the spinning animation which will make it go at a much lower height.
      Overall its a really fun and cool change. ( Now Let us cancel the skill in the air with spacebar again!)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrache View Post

I mainly just found it really cool at the height it can go, but the ex does do 100% more damage now so thats something, you can also cancel the spinning animation which will make it go at a much lower height.
        Overall its a really fun and cool change. ( Now Let us cancel the skill in the air with spacebar again!)
        oooo this seems really fun! makes me want to try defensio, how is the rest of the class? how does it compare to ruina?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurixia View Post

oooo this seems really fun! makes me want to try defensio, how is the rest of the class? how does it compare to ruina?
          I had a convo with my ruina friend who is a little bit more geared than me and she brought to light that the dps gap between ruina and defensio isnt that big anymore. Ruina is the dps class and its supposed to be doing more damage but it was just doing ridiculously more damage due to an overcharge bug exploit. With that gone a fair comparison can be made.

My friend told me she averages around 4 to 5 mill dps in nests, raids, etc.
          I average around 3-3.5mill dps in my nests typically, sometimes in the high 2mills if I play bad (X-X)

But defensio is the defensive tank and support branch of the class so having it being able to have those defensive utility skill while doing decent damage in my opinion makes it the ultimate faceroll class!

Comment

I've only been able to do this once, do you know the specifics behind it?
            Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
            Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
            Discord: vara#2664
            recent costumes list

Comment

Originally posted by vara View Post
              I've only been able to do this once, do you know the specifics behind it?
              from my experience you need to use step up first before going into twister kick, then you have to let twister kick go through with the full spin animation rather than cancelling it. This method usually works for me but rarely it doesnt and goes at a low height.

And the inverse of what i said also works. Pressing Left click to cancel the twisting animation at the beginning usually makes my twister kick height low, but rarely it still goes very high.

Comment

from my experience you need to use step up first before going into twister kick, then you have to let twister kick go through with the full spin animation rather than cancelling it. This method usually works for me but rarely it doesnt and goes at a low height.

And the inverse of what i said also works. Pressing Left click to cancel the twisting animation at the beginning usually makes my twister kick height low, but rarely it still goes very high.
                i've only managed to get it to go high once doing either of those :/ it doesnt work for me.
                Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
                Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
                Discord: vara#2664
                recent costumes list

Comment

Oh god I thought I was the only one, I was so shocked during a nest run when I suddenly was sent high into the sky.

Comment

I agree, these changes are very welcoming.

( Now Let us cancel the skill in the air with spacebar again!)
                    Actually you can cancel the skill again with spacebar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanakarasu View Post
                      I agree, these changes are very welcoming.

Actually you can cancel the skill again with spacebar.
                      Woah, TY FOR LETTING ME KNOW! I got soo used to not spacebar canceling twisterkick that I never Bothered to even try it in a long while. It feels good to be able to do that again!

Comment

• Hanakarasu
                        Hanakarasu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Np, I had done by accident and thought it was a bug at first. ^
                    Working...
                    X