Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrona's PVE Build

Patrona's PVE Build

Ruina and Defensio are part of the more complex classes in DN due her variety of combos and her unique gameplay. They could be some very complex classes at the first try, but when you get used to it’s very fun to play.
    Before to start you must get used to do Gear Step, because it's a very important thing when you play Patrona’s subclasses due every skill have they own linked skill.
    Every Gear Step is linked with “Ducking” skill, when you cast it is like the machina was doing “shadow boxing”.
    Gear Step charges 2 “Steam” by every cast and when you reach the max the next Gear Step automatically recast Pressure Release (Attack or Defense). (When Stomp Shuffle, Steam Release and Cycle Kick turns yellow means that will cast Pressure Release)

1) How to use “Ducking” skill?
    A. After cast Stomp Shuffle, Steam Release or Cycle Kick press the “Space Bar” also after Body Check (Double Right Click) you can use “Ducking”

2) What are the skills combinations?
    A.
    Stomp Shuffle + Auto Atack =Follow Up
    Stomp Shuffle + Secondary Atack = Exploding Palm

Steam Release + Auto Atack = Flying Knee Kick
    Steam Release + Secondary Atack = Kidney Blow

Step up + Auto Atack = Beat Down
    Step up + Secondary Atack = Twister Kick

Variations with ducking:

Bodycheck > Space bar = ducking

Bodycheck + Space Bar (Ducking) + Auto Attack + Auto Attack =Follow Up
    Bodycheck + Space Bar (Ducking) + Auto Attack + Secondary Attack = Exploding Palm

Bodycheck + Space Bar (Ducking) + Secondary Attack + Auto Attack = Flying Knee Kick
    Bodycheck + Space Bar (Ducking) + Secondary Attack + Secondary Attack = Kidney Blow

Bodycheck + Space Bar (Ducking) + Space Bar + Auto Atack = Beat Down
    Bodycheck + Space Bar (Ducking) + Space Bar + Secondary Atack = Twister Kick

Demostration:

3) Can I do “Ducking” after cast the other skills?
    A. Yes, but there’s a difference between Ruina and Defensio. Ruina can cancel in any time Follow Up, Exploding Palm, Flying Knee Kick, Kidney Blow and Pressure Burst due her Awakened Passive Ducking. Defensio requires a correct timing to cancel any combined skill.

Demostration:

Demostration:

Quick Steam points charge:

Common things

Talismans
    As an AGI class you will lack of Critical Damage, so 2nd line would be Critical Damage, if you can cap it use Physical Damage.

Equipment

In this moment you have to enhance every gear up to +20 and convert it to the next tier.

Neris>MedeaT1>T2>CalypsoT1>T2>T3>Scylla

Methods to get Medea/Calypso Box:
    • World Remaster patch bring a new possibilty to get gear while you are leveling and that's Labyrinth's Invader, if you have luck you can get MedeaT2, CalypsoT1, T2 or Goddess gear.
    • Any nest can drop a box according to the floor:
      • From easy mode to F19 you can get Medea T2 box.
      • From F20 or above you can get Calypso T1/T2 box.
    • Daily Quest 95, Silver/Gold Rabbit could drop Medea/Calypso Gear, so good luck!
    Remember to do Trial Nest, it's a 6-man party that gives a lot of Lebrium Points but remember, 1 time per week even if you fail or win.

Accessories
    At lv95 you should buy Kaeron set from Priestess Darkness Mocha or Rosetta with Nest Points.

Labyrinth Accessories are pretty good, personally I recommend Outlaw Ring for Defensio and New Moon Ring for Ruina.

If you can get GDN unique accessories it would be very nice but, it takes a lot of time to upgrade it. The same with Legend one, but those are mid/late game.

Genesis set are good but take a lot of time to farm it.

Forest Dragon accessories are good but, they are too expensive for new players (even for some veterans lol).

Goddess Accesories can be get it in Goddess gear box in Sunset Cloister.

Dragon Jade
    Ruina is a very High-Risk class and Defensio is technically a “Tank” class, so personally I’ll recommend:
    • X7 Gladiator Defensive Enhanced Dragon Jade: Agi/HP%
    • X2 Gladiator Offensive Enhanced Dragon Jade: Element%/Critical Damage or HP%
    • X1 Gladiator Offensive Enhanced Dragon Jade: Physical Damage%/Critical Damage or HP%
    • X1 Gladiator Attribute Offensive Enhanced Dragon Jade: Critical Damage or HP% / Phys%
    If you want to play a very aggressive go ahead with High Critical Damage or High Damage Defensive gems, but I recommend to has more than 6 millions HP.

For Patronas who has L gems I recommend:

X4-5 Gladiator Defensive Enhanced Dragon Jade: Agi/HP%
    X2-3 Gladiator Defensive Enhanced Dragon Jade: High Dmg Agi

Common Bug
    Click image for larger version  Name:	unknown.png Views:	1 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	158442

This is a very old bug, sometimes when you are spamming ducking and linking skills gearstep's skill are locked.

How to unlock gearstep's skill?

A. Bodycheck > Space bar = ducking
    Last edited by Soul; 03-24-2019, 02:48 PM.
    MinoriSteph - Ruina

Ruina

Her main role is being DPS and Debuffer and her gameplay can variate between the different players.

Pros:
    • High Mobility
    • Elemental Debuff
    • Damage amplifier
    • High super armor
    • CD reducer by Awakened Ducking*
    • FD and CD buff
    Cons:
    • High Risk Class
    • Requires a lot of practice*
    • Correct timing to cancel actions*
    • Pressure Release buff dependent
    • Exploding palm sometimes stop the combo’s chain
    *: Related points.

Base skill build Click image for larger version  Name:	Ruina base build.png Views:	1 Size:	266.6 KB ID:	151110

Personal Build Click image for larger version  Name:	Ruina personal build.png Views:	1 Size:	263.4 KB ID:	151111

Skill Description:

Machina:
    • Pivot Strike (MAX): Damage increase and skill pre-require to Class Master III.
    • Charging Gear (MAX): Enables to use Charging Gear (holding auto attack) and pre-require to Overcharge and [Awakened Passive] Overcharge.
    • Lariat (1/25): Escape skill, pretty good when you are confused or miss dash.
    Patrona:
    • Stomp Shuffle (1/7): Gear Step skill necessary to link Follow up and Exploding Palm if you want can max it.
    • Follow Up (MAX): [Left Click command] Attack skill and super armor broken skill.
    • Exploding Palm (MAX): [Right Click command] Attack skill enable the use of Class Mastery II and Elemental debuff with his EX passive enhance.
    • Deus EX Machina (1/3 or MAX): Pre-require to Ruina’s skills, very good damage and provides i-frame when are you casting it.
    • Steam Release (MAX): Gear Step skill necessary to link Flying Knee Kick and Kidney Blow, very good damage and Damage up debuff.
    • Flying Knee Kick (MAX): [Left Click command] Attack skill and considered as mini-jump skill, deals good dmg but long animation cast.
    • Kidney Blow (MAX): [Right Click command] Attack skill and very good for damage, with his EX passive enhance deals 2 punch.
    • Aerial Parry (MAX): Very good parry skill, it can safe you more than one time. Some examples are krakas eye ball mech, cocodrile volcano mec, spin lance last gn boss, etc.
    • Beyond the Wall (0/17 or 1/17): Is not a very necessary skill to Ruina, personally I use this skill to void stomp when I jump early.
    • Strike of the Martyr (0/3 or 3/3): Okay, Strike of martyr will increase your defense and magic defense and reduce the damage taken by the enemies, like I said according your Ruina gameplay this skill would be pretty good. Provide i-frame when you are in the air.
    • Ducking (MAX): Main Patrona skill, provides a 0,5s of i-frame (hard to use in the perfect time).
    • Overclock (MAX): Main patrona buff, provides damage and defense.
    • Pneumatic Reflex (1/9): counter attack, can re-establish to the combat.
    Ruina
    • Overcharge (MAX): Enables to use Charging Gear with a new step (holding auto attack) and pre-require to [Awakened Passive] Overcharge. If you are with Pressure Release buff the cast will be instantly
    • Pressure Burst (MAX): Powerful skill but require EX passive enhance to be 100% success.
    • Pressure Release (Attack) (MAX): Main Ruina buff, reduce cooldown of Ducking in a 100%, increase final damage and give it action speed. Can be activated or can be auto-casted when you do any gear step with your steam points at max.
    • EX Passives Enhance and Class Mastery (MAX): JUST MAX IT.
    Awakening
    • [Awakened Passive] Duck (MAX): Enable to cancel every main skill with ducking.
    • [Awakened Passive] Steam Mastery (MAX): If you hit with any Ruina main skill you will gain 2 steam points.
    • [Awakened Passive] Overclock (MAX): Your critical hits deal 15% more damage.
    • [Awakened Passive] Overcharge (MAX): Enable to use Overcharge without moving of your spot, hold backward to use.
    • Rock Fist (MAX): Slam 4 times the floor, the damage increase with every hit, it's powerful skill but it’s kind of static.
    • Beat Rush (MAX): The best Ruina skill ever, it's powerful and when the skill impacts the enemy you are invincible during the skill animation, almost all the times I use this skill is to evade some mechs.

Skill crest

Personal Selection:
    • Exploding Palm DMG%
    • Kidney Blow DMG%
    • Pressure Burst DMG%
    • Pivot Strike CD
    General Selection:
    • Exploding Palm DMG%
    • Kidney Blow DMG%
    • Pressure Burst DMG%
    • Flying Knee Kick DMG%*
    • Deus Ex Machina CD*
    • Strike of the Martyr CD*
    • Deus EX Machina DMG%
    *: Choose whatever you want.

¿Why I recommend DMG over AS?
    1. Every Gear Step Skill provide 25% AS when you cast it and Ruina use a lot of gear step skills. More AS could be very uncomfortable if you aren't used to do Gear Step.
    Strike of the Martyr? Are you being serious? That’s a Defensio skill…
    1. Yes, but some Ruinas prefer to use it because reduce taken damage and increase magical and physical defense.

Skill Rotation

Note: I made that video as reference
    Last edited by Soul; 03-14-2019, 05:47 PM.
    MinoriSteph - Ruina

Comment

Defensio

Her main role is being TANK/Support with DPS capacity… But being sincere Defensio can be DPS with TANK/Support capacity. Like Ruina, her gameplay can variate between the different players.

Pros:
      • High Mobility
      • High Defense
      • Shield for all
      • Damage amplifier
      • Relative high super armor**
      • Self-heal
      • Negate up to 10 abnormal status.
      • FD and CD Buff
      Cons:
      • Requires a lot of practice*
      • Correct timing to cancel actions*
      • Pressure Release buff dependent*
      • Hard to fight against enemies with small hitbox
      • Hard to grab the enemies with Beyond the wall
      • It’s very probably that "Ruination" pass far away from the enemies

*: Related points.

**: Some Defensio’s skills don't generate super armor, if you don’t practice Gear Step to use between your skill chain, you will be knocked-up very frequently.

Base skill build Click image for larger version  Name:	Defensio base build.png Views:	1 Size:	248.6 KB ID:	151113

Personal Build Click image for larger version  Name:	Defensio personal build.png Views:	1 Size:	249.7 KB ID:	151114

Skill Description:

Machina:
      • Lariat (MAX): Defensio’s main skill, pretty good damage when your skill up CM3, pre-require to CM3.

Patrona:
      • Stomp Shuffle (1/7): Gear step, technically is not necessary to defensio main skills, but it’s necessary to charge faster steam points.
      • Follow Up (1/22): [Left Click command] Attack skill, it’s not necessary to defensio main skills, personally I use it because defensio don’t have so much attack skills.
      • Deus EX Machina (0/3 or MAX): Very good damage and provides i-frame when are you casting it.
      • Steam Release (6/6): Gear Step skill necessary to link Flying Knee Kick and Kidney Blow, very good damage and Damage up debuff
      • Flying Knee Kick (1/19): [Left Click command] Attack skill and considered as mini-jump skill, it’s not necessary to defensio main skills.
      • Cycle Kick (1/7): Gear Step skill necessary to link Beat Down and Twister Kick, main gear step skill to defensio.
      • Beat Down (MAX): [Left Click command] Jump and charge your knuckle in the air, stronger offensive skill.
      • Twister Kick (MAX): [Right Click command] spin on the ground and deals damage, while are spinning reduce damage taken by 20%.
      • Aerial Parry (MAX): Very good parry skill personally, when is enhanced by Aerial Parry EX spread healing cells that provide self-heal by 1% every 2 seconds up to 8 seconds and provides 10% of defense while the healing is up. Beside that can parry a lot of enemy’s skills for examples krakas eye ball mech, cocodrile volcano mec, spin lance last gn boss, etc.
      • Beyond the Wall (MAX): Defensio main skill, do very high damage when grab your enemies and for 5 seconds every air skill (Beat down, Strike of the martyr, Taunting blow and Ruination) do 20% more damage, EX Enhance increase the damage of the skill and reduce 20% enemy’s attack.
      • Strike of the Martyr (1/3 or 3/3): Increase your defense and magic defense and reduce the damage taken by the enemies.
      • Ducking (MAX): Main Patrona skill, provides a 0,5s of i-frame (hard to use in the perfect time).
      • Overclock (MAX): Main patrona buff, provides damage and defense.
      • Pneumatic Reflex (1/9): counter attack, can re-establish to the combat.

Defensio
      • Auto-Repair (MAX): 0,5 seconds i-frame and reduce cooldown of every by 7 seconds, negate up to 10 debuffs.
      • Taunting Blow (MAX): Main damage skill, leaves a mark that explodes after 10 seconds or can be triggered with Right Click after casting it.
      • Provoke (MAX): Provokes the enemies in a corner front of you.
      • Pressure Release (Defense) (MAX): Provides 10% Final damage, 15% action speed, 10% defense and reduce cooldown of Ducking in a 100%, can be activated or can be auto-casted when you do any gear step with your steam points at max.
      • EX Passives Enhance and Class Mastery (MAX): Nothing to add just do it.
      Awakening
      • [Awakened Passive] Aerial Parry (0/1 or MAX): Okay, this passive is an auto-parry with a 15% chance of casting it, personally I don’t use this because can stop you combos very abruptly and I don’t know if it’s fixed, when Machina awakening was released this passive stopped the combos without parry the damage.
      • [Awakened Passive] Taunting Blow (MAX): Taunting blow can be used in the air, if it’s used in the air the cooldown is recovered by 50%
      • [Awakened Passive] Overclock (MAX): Provides a shield to all party members and provides a self-heal that recover 1% of you HP every 2 seconds, Overclock’s cooldown is reduced to 60 seconds.
      • [Awakened Passive] Air Current Mastery (MAX): When you cast Beat Down or Twister kick by Cycle kick gear step create 1 healing cell.
      • Reverse Order (MAX): Detonate Taunting blow marks and Healing cells to do damage to the enemies, personally I don’t use it very often because in PVE is hard to be in the correct position when the boss has a lot of movility.
      • Ruination (MAX): Great skill but sometimes can fail, this skill only can be casted in the air, it’s highly recommend to casting it after grab the enemies with Beyond the wall due the damage up buff of BtW.

Skill crest

Personal selection:
      • Lariat CD
      • Taunting Blow CD
      • Auto-Repair CD
      • Beat Down DMG%
      General Selection:
      • Taunting Blow CD or DMG%*
      • Auto-Repair CD*
      • Lariat CD
      • Beat Down CD or DMG%*
      • Twister Kick CD or DMG%
      • Beyond the wall CD
      *: Important crest.

Defensio’s skill crests can variate according the players, I can’t say if my selected skill crests are the best or not, in other servers I saw a lot of different builds so choose it according your gameplay.

Skill Rotation

Note: I made that video as reference
      Last edited by Soul; 03-14-2019, 05:49 PM.
      MinoriSteph - Ruina

Comment

Upcoming Buff, Nerf, Fix and/or Changes

KR's patch January 2019:
        • Patrona
          • Overclock (Buff)
            • Damage increase changed from 10% to 15%
          • Wallop (Buff)
            • Damage increased from 209% to 2015%
        • Ruina
          • Class Mastery II (Buff)
            • Damage increase changed from 10% to 15%
        KR's patch February 2019:
        • Ruina
          • [Awakening Passive] Ducking (Fix)
            • Fixed a situation where the cooldown effect was not applied when canceling some skills (Follow Up, Exploding Palm, Overheat)
        KR's patch March 2019:
        • Agi stat rework
          • Agi no longer will provide Critical, now will provide Critical Damage as the other stats.
        Last edited by Soul; 03-24-2019, 03:14 PM.
        MinoriSteph - Ruina

Comment

Change Log:
          • Added videos (11/16/2018)
          • Added skill description (12/05/2018)
          • Added common bug and some texts (03/14/2019)
          • Correction on equipment and accessories section, added Upcoming Buff, Nerf, Fix and Changes section (03/24/2019)
          Last edited by Soul; 03-24-2019, 08:35 PM.
          MinoriSteph - Ruina

Comment

Very nice guide!

I play Runia and wish I had this when I started out! You explain what combos into what very well and it's compact so a player can look at it all while practicing on the dummy. I would recommend for new players to practice the 'duck infinite' Body Check>duck> and then normal attack>duck for as long as you can (must have level 6 duck.) It helps you get a feel for the duck rhythm. Most players try to duck too fast while in the heat of a fight.

If you like fighting games, you will love Runia/Defensio!

Comment

• Soul
              Soul commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm glad that you like it
          Working...
          X