Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Ruina's play?

Hey!

I've made a shit tonne of characters and max'd them out.

Barb was too slow for me.

Pyromancer and Inquisitor obstructed my screen with a lot of visuals and that turned me off.

War mage was too much of a 1 trick pony + I guess I dont like the color yellow as much.

Dragoon was for the most part my favorite class in the game that I tried out. I stopped playing her because of how difficult it was to consistently land spinning takedown.

I made a Windwalker and as much as I love how much fun the aerial combat is, I find that the mechanical requirement to play her was just a tad too much for too little return. (not as rewarding as I thought)

--

So I've come to the conclusion that

1. I'm picky as shit.

2.I want to try other classes.

I'm considering between Gladiator and Ruina.

How do Ruina's play like and how diffiicult are they to play well?

A lot of people liken Ruina playstyle to a fighting game. Its very fast paced and you have a lot more inputs than most classes (have to push more buttons and click more times to play normally). Its a pretty hard for beginners to pick up due to how poorly explained the damage transfer and combo systems are explained in game, and the fact that you need to memorize 2 different input combinations for each of your combos and then perform them very quickly in battle. As for playing one well I would say there is a very high skill cap for Ruina virtually all your skills move you a lot and/or put you in the air, making it possible to use most skills to dodge while still attacking. Still, to get a basic grasp of the class isn't THAT hard, you just need to memorize and practice your main combos and get used to linking them together efficiently. If you try out Ruina and kind of like the playstyle but find its a little too demanding perhaps try Blade Dancer, I have one and it sort of feels like Ruina-lite to me.

Comment

This link tell you how she work https://nightingale0309dn.wordpress....guide-updated/ It will save you some time.

Comment

Playstyles also vastly differ ruina by ruina as well. Unless they just stick to the very basics...no two ruina's are exactly the same. ( ′︵‵ )b

That guide is pretty outdated btw.
        Last edited by CharginTool; 11-20-2016, 03:17 PM.
        IGN: CharginTool
        Discord ID: CharginTool #6299
        (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

Originally posted by CharginTool View Post
          Playstyles also vastly differ ruina by ruina as well. Unless they just stick to the very basics...no two ruina's are exactly the same. ( ′︵‵ )b

That guide is pretty outdated btw.
          Yea its really outdated but it tell you how to do damage is the part i was meaning for the guide

But for a run down after a combo skill like ducking to follow up if you hold your normal and do Charging Gear you'll do crazy damage.So just keep your stream up since it give you attack and your ducking cd is basically at 0 so ducking for days.

Comment

Working...
          X