Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool learns the Defensio class (A blog...kinda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool learns the Defensio class (A blog...kinda)

Sup fellow Defensio's, gonna learn how to be a tank. This class is probably gonna be hard a hell to learn but I mean how hard can it be?

Here's the build I'm thinking on (open for suggestions): https://dnmaze.com/defensio-90/-----...---0--00--00--
    Note: I am NOT gonna remove stomp shuffle cause it's already too deep into my muscle memory. I can't live without it.

Skill Crests: BtW CD, Beat Down DMG, Auto-Repair CD, Twister DMG

Stats to stack: HP/Vit anything else?

If you got any tips lemme know, particularly on rotation, keeping myself alive etc.

Things I've noted:
    -Parry EX can be casted manually at anytime, anywhere.
    -Auto-Repair can be casted at anytime, anywhere. You can also cancel with duck into tumble for nearly a full one second iframe.
    -Gear step passive may have less SA(?) unconfirmed. Will confirmed when I learn it.
    -"Popping" taunting blow drops the provoke debuff and you're allowed to do board damage off of it.

Will probably update this every so often letting you guys know my experience.
    Last edited by CharginTool; 09-24-2016, 08:57 PM.
    IGN: CharginTool
    Discord ID: CharginTool #6299
    (9 ′︵‵ )9

This is mostly for theory but for crudelis you could parry the 3 fireballs and 3 ice balls, then use auto repair before he ignites? This way you don't run around with the boss turning and ur team can dps reliably. I've never played a defensio though since I have no motivation to level new chars ._.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

you probably can but then on ice you'd lose the most important buff. So you'd probably need to re position yourself for the first three balls then block the next three.

Possible combo.
      BtD > Provoking slam (air castable?) EX > run run run > parry parry parry > Auto-Repair > Ducking > Step Up -> Beat Down > 2x normal > Provoking Slam

Yasss
      Last edited by CharginTool; 09-24-2016, 08:38 PM.
      (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

I suggest having Auto-Repair CD crest

Reduces all active cool downs by 7 seconds
        is a cure and an iframe, its your most important skill next to beyond the wall.

Aerial Parry healing amount increase is an interesting crest I haven't tried using yet. However I feel aerial parry's healing isnt that significant and most of the time my teammates fail to put effort in going in the aoe.

Oh im sure you probably know this, but its a bad habit of mine, Activating the explosion for taunting blow gets rid of the aggro/taunt debuff. But if you want to do some more damage with taunting blow you can do the board damage left clicks ( times 4) and go into over charge.

not sure why u max body check but to each his own.

Another crest option can be strike of the martyr cd (Combining that with Auto-repair makes its cool down a joke for an ultimate) however since it hurts you its risky to use.

I Personally carry Both Ultimate's. The Ruina Ultimate is very good at situational dps mechs.
        Last edited by Patrache; 09-24-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• CharginTool
          CharginTool commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhh good point. Lemme replace parry with that.

Noted on the dropping debuff part.

Now that you mention it, im already maxing a couple gear steps makes it less useful. But body checking to gear steps my literally my how I played Ruina so imma keep it maxed.

I'll think about both ultis cause it really is good for its long af iframe.
          Last edited by CharginTool; 09-24-2016, 08:53 PM.

Updated possible build. It's seriously really tough making a good build that fits my playstyle on a class I haven't got the full experience on yet.
        (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

ooh i just tested the super armor buff for a bit. Im not too sure which of the buffs from gear step is the armor but im assuming its the 4 second buff.
          So I went inside Daidalos Rotating Card Shuriken attack with the buff up (no beyond the wall) and I wasnt knocked down at all.

Very interesting indeed. But man im going to have a head ache trying to always remember to gear step asap

Comment

Yasss now you know the power of it. And yes it's the 5 second buff (it can't be debuffed either) so it'll allow you go through moves that are dangerous if blown back (crudelis bar mech, RDN Curse, you can literally walk out for free in dark knight suction, list goes on and on).

Question: Is provoking slam air castable? That'd be great to know and shorten some rotations greatly.
            (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

• Patrache
              Patrache commented
              Editing a comment
              For dark knight in RDN I try to use beyond the wall for the suction mech to buff my teammates because beyond the wall cant get buff wiped as it acts as a debuff. So This way I Potentially save my teammates as well as myself.

Hmm... to each their own for Stomp Shuffle I assume. Can't say much because I literally have never used the skill. By Provoking Slam do you mean Taunting Blow? If so, then no.

Comment

Working...
            X