Machina Buffs [December 2016; KDN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machina Buffs [December 2016; KDN]

To clear up some misunderstandings since I have tested some things on both classes, as well as some miscommunication I may have spread due to not knowing skill names properly;
    1. Overclock no longer gives Steam or recovers MP.
    2. Overclock now heals you at a rate of 1.5% HP per tick, roughly 2-3 ticks per second.
    3. Steam is only gained through Gear Steps
      • Defensio also gains steam through Beyond the Wall and Aerial Parry
      • 2 Steam per Gear Step.
        • Ruina gets 3 steam IF you land your gear step and it does damage.
    4. Steam now caps at 20.
      • The only requirement to use Pressure Release is 1 steam.
        • Therefore you can cast steam after using ONE gear step.
        • Pressure Release's CD CANNOT be reduced by a Ruina.
          • It can only be reduced through CD reduction buffs (Such as sorceress) or Auto-repair.
          • To counter this, there is a new mechanic I will name Pressure Release Instant. (NOT OFFICIAL IN ANY WAY)
    5. Steam's stat gains have been moved over to Class Mastery.
    6. Ruina STILL gets reduced CD on EX skills when buff is active and gear step is landed.
    Pressure Release Instant
    Upon reaching 20 Steam, all three Gear Steps will turn yellow. By activating a Gear Step (whether by hotkey or through comboing), Pressure Release is automatically cast, with a 10 second cooldown.
    • For example, you use Step Up, you now have 2 steam.
    • You cast Pressure Release, you now have the buff activated. Pressure Release is now on CD. (45sec or 60sec, depending)
    • You spam/combo Gear Steps until you have 20 steam. You activate a gear step.
    • The buff refreshes, even if Pressure Release is on CD.
      • previously you could do this infinitely, but a recent bugfix tacked on a 10 second cooldown.

Pressure Release (Attack)

Significantly improve your offensive ability.
    On Cast:
    FD 10% increase
    AS 5% increase
    Ducking cooldown reduced
    Overcharging cast-time reduced
    Gearstep reduces main EX skills CD by 1 second per successful cast (land the skill)
    Consumes 20 steam
    Can be reapplied
    35second duration

Defensio also got some small buffs.
    Taunting Blow now automatically detonates after the 15second duration if you do not right click it manually.
    It works as it normally does, with this added feature tacked onto the end.

Leave any questions and if you want me to record anything specific, I will try my best to get it done.
    Last edited by vara; 12-30-2016, 01:03 PM.
    Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
    Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
    Discord: vara#2664
    recent costumes list

Woah that's amazing. I'm assuming defensio can also do this. Does pressure release instant also heal?

Comment

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      Defensio also does it. Pressure release no longer heals

Wow, thank you so much Vara.
    It's pretty upsetting that we might not see these changes for another 3-4 months if not a bit longer.
    But I'm still excited for them nonetheless.

A question though: Would you be able to cast pressure release if the pressure release instant was under cooldown?

Comment

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes as long as the cooldown is off

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as the cooldown is off, yes

I'm reading this and drawing question marks :x
    The video explained a lot tho, so thanks.

Comment

• Aisuru
      Aisuru commented
      Editing a comment
      So, what does a Defensio do in this case?

Start off with the gear step spam, cast Pressure Release (Defense) at 1 Steam (or w/e you want.). Continue doing your stuff, then spam Gear Steps to get back to 20 and it "auto" casts? But... with Auto Repair, CD is reduced :x ?

Idk, I need to see gameplay of a Defensio to understand.

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      Defensio is more lenient. You can autorepair pressure release down or combo in gear steps while dpsing.

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      Basically defensio doesn't need to gear step as much because of autorepair

Added a video showcasing the defensio point of view, including the taunting blow buff.
    Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
    Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
    Discord: vara#2664
    recent costumes list

Comment

• Aisuru
      Aisuru commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the video!

I love this formatting. Thanks for the info!
    It'll be exciting to see what the ideal rotations are for the two classes now.

Comment

• Lamian
      Lamian commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see more ducking (at least more incentive to, before it was already better than casting skills normally because of lag canceling and damage buffing), but why would there be less overcharging? Unless you're including Ruina's old overcharge chaining in your verdict.

Also, jeez autocorrect almost made ducking obscene.

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, i meant because they're trying to push ducking as a thing you need to be doing, that you would duck inbetween skills more often rather than overcharging after each one.(e.g. skill > spacebar ducking > skill). i mean obviously it probably wont happen the way they want it to V:

• Lamian
      Lamian commented
      Editing a comment
      But you can always just duck out of overcharge. I usually did before except in really tight windows, and with these changes it'll be even more optimal than before.

hoo boy, so we get a heal of like 3% per second every minute or so? did the CD of it change?

these sound great, until you get dispelled right after the pressure release cast, in this one case it seems you're screwed and a half.

Comment

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah 3-4.5% per second, not entirely sure which cause I just eyeballed the timing. CD is still the same I believe.

If you get dispelled just hope you have close to 20 steam!

For those who weren't aware, the machina buffs came today, though they weren't mentioned in our patch notes
    Tiny - ShootingStar
    Futanari - Defensio

???? - Ray Mechanic
    Moon#8229

Comment

Working...
    X