Pyro's risk/ reward ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyro's risk/ reward ratio

Just thought id take a quick poll because I'm curious what other people think. Do you guys feel that Pyro's, or even sorcs in general (barring BM) have the right damage currently to compensate for their lack of evasive skills?
    Yes Pyro is fine where she's at
    36.36%
    Pyro needs help, but the other three are fine
    0%
    All Sorcs need some changes
    63.64%
    No, Sorcs are fine as they are
    0%
    Last edited by ToxicFish; 01-14-2018, 05:36 PM.

Glad to see we're on the same page so far lol.

Comment

The lack of evasive skills doesn't bother me; it comes with the territory. However, sorcs are due for a major update in general due to the power creep that began with Black Mara and Ray Mechanic. In order of which sorcs need a change the most: War Mage, Ice Witch, Pyromancer, Chaos Mage.

War Mage
      She has suffered since the start of the cap from stale gameplay and lack of growth. Her main DPS is Laser Ray, without a doubt. They tried to diversify her rotations with Class Mastery 3, but Laser Cutter just sucks. I think board damage buffs would not be enough. They should increase her bubble cap and remove Laser Cutter Awakening. They should also condense her damage into shorter time frames, like reducing the hits of Laser Cutter/Laser Ray.

Ice Witch
      This is a curious case, since she is still a desirable member for any party thanks to her ice stacking. However, for players who like to DPS, she has fallen behind. The devs will need to be careful about how they buff her, since if they make her as strong as a normal DPS class, there will be no reason to take any other sorc. I think simple board damage buffs will satisfy most players. The only skill left to add to her awakening is Glacial Freeze.

Pyromancer
      She is still a popular class thanks to her ease-of-use and decent damage. Most players have been asking for a change to Fever Mastery; to make it a 100% chance of generating bubbles. Her gameplay has grown stale for me, so I would like to see another awakening passive, like for Phoenix Strike, Inferno, or even Volcanic Vortex. However, board damage buffs and changes to her RNG systems are more important.

Chaos Mage
      She got a buff back in March of last year that raised her a level above the other sorcs. However, I realize that most players have a difficult time with her skills because of their inherent bugs. As such, I think the devs will completely revamp her skills and make it more streamlined; i.e. less reliant on orbs of gravity.
      Discord: Fabulous #3971
      You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
      Class Updates Document
      Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Fabulous View Post
        The lack of evasive skills doesn't bother me; it comes with the territory. However, sorcs are due for a major update in general due to the power creep that began with Black Mara and Ray Mechanic. In order of which sorcs need a change the most: War Mage, Ice Witch, Pyromancer, Chaos Mage.

War Mage
        She has suffered since the start of the cap from stale gameplay and lack of growth. Her main DPS is Laser Ray, without a doubt. They tried to diversify her rotations with Class Mastery 3, but Laser Cutter just sucks. I think board damage buffs would not be enough. They should increase her bubble cap and remove Laser Cutter Awakening. They should also condense her damage into shorter time frames, like reducing the hits of Laser Cutter/Laser Ray.

Ice Witch
        This is a curious case, since she is still a desirable member for any party thanks to her ice stacking. However, for players who like to DPS, she has fallen behind. The devs will need to be careful about how they buff her, since if they make her as strong as a normal DPS class, there will be no reason to take any other sorc. I think simple board damage buffs will satisfy most players. The only skill left to add to her awakening is Glacial Freeze.

Pyromancer
        She is still a popular class thanks to her ease-of-use and decent damage. Most players have been asking for a change to Fever Mastery; to make it a 100% chance of generating bubbles. Her gameplay has grown stale for me, so I would like to see another awakening passive, like for Phoenix Strike, Inferno, or even Volcanic Vortex. However, board damage buffs and changes to her RNG systems are more important.

Chaos Mage
        She got a buff back in March of last year that raised her a level above the other Sorcs. However, I realize that most players have a difficult time with her skills because of their inherent bugs. As such, I think the devs will completely revamp her skills and make it more streamlined; i.e. less reliant on orbs of gravity.
        Yeah I would agree with this order/ reasoning. I don't really have a problem with the lack of evasive skills either, but I would like to see the damage to justify that deficiency. I feel like playing a sorc to maximum potential requires a lot of boss knowledge and rotation optimization to keep DPS comparable to other classes. Some classes can whale on a boss all day while simultaneously avoiding them, while Sorcs have to position carefully and often miss opportunities to land skills accounting for a large portion of their DPS (ie. Pyro's Meteor and to a certain extent even Fireball are very risky depending on the boss).

I think evasion is kind of what makes Mara blow the original four out of the water honestly. her DPS isn't too dependent on one or two skills, and she has much less risk due to her evasiveness while also possessing better damage overall.

Comment

Working...
        X