Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WM FF Rotations Test (Highly Unscientific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WM FF Rotations Test (Highly Unscientific)

Hey all, I soloed Manticore HC with my WM to tackle the question of which playstyle is best. WM has an incredibly low FF CD and a classic FF rotation that's actually pretty good. What should we do? What should we do under FF, and should we plate FF? These were the questions that I wanted to answer.

Data
    Classic
    90-cap gameplay. No Laser Ray or Energy Blast.
    DPS: 5,020,626
    Skill %
    Nine Tail Laser 31
    Laser Cutter 27
    Spectrum Ray INS 19
    Spectrum Ray 9
    Eraser 8
    Force Mirror 1
    Linear Ray 1
    Regular/Special Attacks 0
    Triple Orbs 0

Newgen
    Laser Ray-focused, with some Energy Blasts when necessary. Classic WM skills used for bubble purposes. FF used off CD to recover the CD of Eraser only.
    DPS: 5,415,357
    Skill %
    Laser Ray 30
    Laser Cutter 22
    Nine Tail Laser 16
    Spectrum Ray INS 11
    Regular/Special Attacks 6
    Eraser 5
    Spectrum Ray 5
    Force Mirror 1
    Linear Ray 0

Stop, Drop, and Roll
    Laser Ray-focused, except you must switch to the classic rotation whenever you use FF.
    DPS: 5,541,053
    Skill %
    Laser Ray 25
    Nine Tail Laser 22
    Laser Cutter 22
    Spectrum Ray INS 12
    Spectrum Ray 7
    Eraser 5
    Mirror 1
    Regular/Special Attacks 0
    Linear Ray 0

Vulnerable AF
    Energy Blast instead of Laser Ray. Classic WM skills used for bubble purposes. FF used off CD to recover the CD of Eraser only.
    DPS: 4,641,313
    Skill %
    Regular/Special Attacks 32
    Nine Tail Laser 25
    Laser Cutter 20
    Eraser 7
    Spectrum Ray INS 7
    Laser Ray 3
    Spectrum Ray 1
    Force Mirror 1
    Linear Ray 0

Considerations
    • My crests are Nine Tail Laser, Laser Cutter, Arcane Overdrive, and Fast Forward.
    • Fast Forward plate brings the CD to 32s once you're done using it. That's ridiculous!
    • I forgot to try a run without the FF plate. I'm sorry. OTL That's what I wanted to test with the Stop, Drop, and Roll gameplay. However, maybe this gameplay with a higher CD for FF will be less distracting and result in better DPS.
    • I'm not a good WM-player.
    • Attached are my stats, so that you guys don't think that WM is bad DPS.
    Discussion
    The Newgen and Stop gameplay did about the same amount of DPS, although the Classic gameplay doesn't fall much further behind. Vulnerable AF was a joke; I knew it would do less than the others. The fact that the Stop gameplay did so much surprised me, especially considering that Manticore has mobile bosses that don't respond well to Laser Cutter. In the end, I think it depends on what you're more comfortable with. Do you like spamming LC under FF? Or do you like Kamehameha-ing knowing that your Blink will be ready? It's up to you. As always, feel free to add to or criticize this highly unscientific study. :')
    Attached Files
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

I did some testing myself and long story short, it was much better once I replaced spec ray dmg with fast forward cd. CD's nearly meant nothing to me = higher overall output :')
    This finalized me with your same four plates, 9tl dmg, lc dmg, arcane dmg amp, and ff cd
    FF CD gave more room to be able to use classic spam rotation instead of becoming a sitting duck(when its dangerous) casting hyper beam and kept damage more consistent.
    Last edited by Snobu; 10-09-2016, 08:25 PM.
    Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
    Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
    PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

• Fabulous
      Fabulous commented
      Editing a comment
      Snobu, the Queen of Cooldowns <3

Off the top of my head:
    *Laser Ray = 35K% (325% x 108). Scales higher with + Action Speed buff
    *A full hit LC EX = 13.9K% per cast (5588% x 2.5), 10s for max hit.
    *Lv 13 9TL = 4371% *3 = 13.1K% or 14.4K% (with +1 Plate, Lv17 = 3205% base, 4808% with EX)
    *BT = 9198%

You'd have to cast 4 LCs, 1 Ulti and all three 9TLs to beat out 2 Laser Rays, which is dumb. Ulti + two 9TL + 1 Laser Ray = 53K%, in about 10s.

Edit:
    I like the fact that Laser Ray is an amazing dps check killer, but I do wish that a single beam wasn't capable of doing more than an entire rotation worth of damage in the same time frame. The move is unsafe, but so are other channeled skills which are used outside of burst windows.
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 10-10-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquamarine View Post
      Edit:
      I like the fact that Laser Ray is an amazing dps check killer, but I do wish that a single beam wasn't capable of doing more than an entire rotation worth of damage in the same time frame. The move is unsafe, but so are other channeled skills which are used outside of burst windows.
      Because laser ray is unsafe, why not keep it worth while? Or else it would be shafted from rotations due to its inconvenience of casting
      Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
      Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
      PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

• Aquamarine
        Aquamarine commented
        Editing a comment
        It indirectly killed Awakened LC, kek, but it's fine, all of my complaints about this skill was towards its pre-nerfed version, which NA fortunately didn't get.
        Last edited by Aquamarine; 10-10-2016, 06:25 PM.

• Snobu
        Snobu commented
        Editing a comment
        They sure did give us the pvp needed laser ray. But if someone wanted to only use their bubbles on the new awakening skills, why bother with lc? The skill is incredibly difficult to get off all hits unless the target is literally a large sitting duck. Imo, lc awakening should have altered the skill itself whether than bubble consumption. Like seriously, what is the point in this when you can have a 30-something second cd fast forward (with cd plate) and spam it nearly as fast?

How am I supposed to use Laser Cutter?

I never seem to use it correctly, so I'm still using Spec Ray plate.

I have 9TL and LC techs also.

Comment

• Fabulous
        Fabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        You should spam it off CD as in 90 cap. Getting the most out of LC requires some prediction and skill; you need to know where the boss will move. The most important part of LC is the explosion after the first laser. For small mobile bosses, then, you should cast LC a distance away so that it explodes when it reaches them.

For the most part, LR will be better to use under FF. There are some situations where you can spam LC instead; for example, in DDN, when the spitflower is "losing its spit," you can use FF and spam LC while avoiding the fireballs. Or IDN stage 1, during the confusion mech, if your team allows you to circle around the boss, you can use LC in between confusions.

• Fabulous
        Fabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Additionally, what does your DPS meter say about how much Spectrum Ray does for you (INS + norm)? I can imagine that it still does less than LC.
    Working...
    X