• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyromancer or Ice Witch ?

Been planning on making sorce but cant decide between this 2 class |>////<|

IGN`S: RoryMercury / Rory / Emilia

Discord: Rory#1786

Make both
    I made every sorc just to test them all out lol. I find Pyro slightly funner because of hot rod and big magma balls, but I have yet to try the IW awakening so I can give a proper suggestion just yet hehe
    Discord: Korp#8417

Comment

If you like playing in Melee range, like 75% of the time, you might feel more comfortable with IW. Better off trying both though, but gearing up any INT class this cap will be extremely expensive.

Comment

*whispers* Pyromancer

edit: Okay serious answer.
        Try both.
        Both have their goods and bads.

Pyros:
        - Great damage, pure damage class. Takes the DPS spot in raid parties.
        - Some skills with long cast, but with awakening that solved the ignite + firewall cast times (thank god) So its not that big a problem.
        - Pure Fire.

Ice witch:
        - Damage
        - Fast casting skills, has much more slows for PvP
        - Ice & maybe some fire, depends on your build/preference.

I've played both and I personally enjoyed pyromancer more, I like being the DPS of the party or the Full Support of the party. This is why I always 2nd main a saint/LB as I love that their full support.. and pyro skills just appeal to me more.. Burn everything down.. muhahaha..

50 cap - pyro
        60 cap - iw
        70 cap - pyro & iw i think??
        80 cap - pyro & iw
        90 cap - pyro
        93 cap - pyro

I can't explain much on ice witch awakenings as I have not touched IW recently.. Dunno if I will but I do have an alt IW just not leveled up.

So all in all.. try both or pick whichever appeals to you visually. Check out some videos or PvP matches.

edit: pretty much check out my pyro guide ;; i guess i explain pyro there better.. haha.. sorry ;;
        Last edited by SachiMizora; 10-19-2016, 03:50 PM.

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
        Other Characters:
        Saint/s -
        Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
        Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
        Ice Witch - SachMizora
        Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

• Echelos
          Echelos commented
          Editing a comment
          Frozen status in t4 was a 50% damage increase per stack of the debuff. In t5 frozen debuff was changed to only increase damage by 20% and no longer increase per stack, meaning no matter how many stacks you have on the enemy it will only increase your damage by 20%.

• SachiMizora
          SachiMizora commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah I remember that 50% damage yes..
          Didn't know they changed since then though
          Thanks for informing me ^^

• iCerulean
          iCerulean commented
          Editing a comment
          No more Ice Queen Era, with that 4 layer +30% per stack damage amp cancer.

Hmm i think ill try pyro first then iw :3 .. ty for the replys lol

IGN`S: RoryMercury / Rory / Emilia

Discord: Rory#1786

Comment

• SachiMizora
          SachiMizora commented
          Editing a comment
          You joined the side that has cookies

• Azunyan
          Azunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yee youll officially be my pyro senpai

I know that you've already decided, but if anyone else is still having trouble, here are some things to take into consideration.

Pyromancer
        • party contribution: elemental resist debuff -20%, crit resist debuff -20%
        • entertainment value: Her skills are fun to channel (Fireball, Hot Rod, Magma Ball).
        • safety: She can remain safe with the long-distance range of Fireball, and the wide AOE of Firewall and Flame Burst.
        Ice Witch
        • party contribution: elemental debuff, ice stacking debuff (more valuable when we get the debuff patch)
        • entertainment value: Her skills are gorgeous, but also do damage to your FPS. Not great for toasters; you'll need a mod.
        • safety: She can remain safe with the Ice Barrier stacking effect, which gives you something akin to a Guardian Bubble around yourself, for an indefinite amount of time. She has the option of spamming Ice Cyclones and Frozen Spikes if she doesn't want to get too close.
        They're both good damage. I believe Pyro has better DPS when soloing, but IW comes close, and her contribution to a party is more valuable, if you care about that part of the endgame. Even though this technically puts her under "support," I don't feel like support when playing her. I feel like I'm ice stacking for my own sake rather than that of my party members, which wasn't the case in 90 cap.

On a personal note, I find it easier to play Pyro. With IW, you have to spam constantly and keep up a steady stream of DPS. With Pyro, you can take a breather to assess the situation and still maintain high DPS.
        Last edited by Fabulous; 10-21-2016, 03:36 AM.
        Discord: Fabulous #3971
        You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
        Class Updates Document
        Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
        YouTube Channel

Comment

• Constructive
          Constructive commented
          Editing a comment
          It's Fabbo and Phil! I know both these people sorta
          Whoooo~

• Philemena
          Philemena commented
          Editing a comment
          OK it was definitely the fire mastery bumping up the damage. I'm a failure of a tester.

• Fabulous
          Fabulous commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Berg.
          Oh, okay LOL I didn't bother testing at all~
          Technically Sader's Smite EXi is an independent light debuff xoxo but yeah dumb CherryCredits
      Working...
      X