IW vs Pyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IW vs Pyro

gavent played since pre-awakening, and haven't played a Sorc since 40 cap or so, which one is more valued post awakening? Are IWs still just Ice Stack slaves or do they actually deal damage now?

Since ice stacking is now a premium debuff, IW are taken in raids mainly for their ability to maintain an almost permanent ice layer (+20% damage amplification). Their damage is good; according to some sources, they're classified as tier 1.5 DPS on foreign servers. In addition, IW is valuable in phase 1 of IDN for their ability to disable the Punishers. Pyros are designed to have more damage because they don't have this supportive capability. I hope that as teams finish up their gear and become less dependent on composition, we'll start to see more Pyro and IW taken together, since they occupy two different roles.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Here Some pros and Cons if it can help you or others (those are from Pyro point of View)

Pyromancer PROS :

- Very High Burst Damage
      - The new ''filler spell'' between Burst Combo is probably the most damaging skill of her kit : Hot rod (Depends how much the boss moves and how big the DPS window is)
      - Better Defense than most classes (+40% Damage reduction with 10 seconds downtime).
      - Top tier DPS with the potential of being best DPS among sorceresses
      - BOOM

Pyromancer CONS :

- Have to be melee for almost all of her spells to do the best damage
      - Easy to Learn, but quite repetitive Combo
      - High-Risk High-Reward gameplay (even at just 152k dmg, I see it when I'M the one making the lifebar go down)
      - Very Long Cast Times compared to other Sorcs imo.

Ice Witch PROS :

- Got a permanent +20% Dmg that stacks with EVERY DEBUFF to compensate for her lower Dmg
      - No Real Combo, ''Small set-up then cast anythin you like'' gameplay
      - Tankiest Sorc and more than above average tankyness among all classes, making it an easy Class to pick up for new players (Ice barrier, +40% Elemental shield, +10% Reduction at lvl 90)
      - Pretty Spell Effects and lots of Ice breaking sound.
      - Constant Damage, it never stops
      - Very low Cast times except for one Spell.

Ice Witch CONS :

- No Real burst damage, you will never see high numbers of damage like the other Sorcs due to how their kit works.
      - Not Recommended for low Spec PC, ice effects are heavy and lower FPS if your PC is low spec.
      - About no mobility at all and requires timing as a moving boss will lower your DPS alot.
      - Requires more gearing and more work than other classes to see Decent Results but Ice Stack = Always Welcomed in parties even if undergeared a bit.
      Last edited by Axxon; 12-28-2016, 03:58 PM.
      Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
      IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! Still having a little trouble deciding. But I'm glad to see that Pyros aren't frowned upon anymore and that Ice Witches aren't used as nothing more than a buff.

Comment

LOL back in the pyro shaming days tsktsk #pyromadtetrace

Comment

Working...
          X