Main Hand Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Hand Discussion

Sorc is a bizarre class in that we can pick whatever we want as a primary weapon. We aren't limited to using specific weapons or risk having skills locked off.

So we have three weapons to choose from: Orb, Grimoire, and Puppet.

Orb used to be most desired because the differing stats between the three caused Orb to have crit (and I think more m.damage, but I don't remember). With that gone, I don't see myself rushing for an orb, but I don't mind holding one either.

Grimoire is nice to me on a personal level just because the right click animation isn't terribly punishing and can be a decent time filler if trying to combo. It'll even allow some knockback off of walls kind of like shockwave does, if I'm not mistaken.

Puppet is... um... funny?

I guess what I'm wondering about is if anybody actually prefers using puppet over the other weapon choices. What are the pros of using the puppet?

And I guess on the same note, are there any pros/cons to picking and choosing any one weapon over the other two? If there are no particular pros/cons, why not simply do away with the least popular weapon(s) to simplify the options for sorceresses?

Discuss. :3

(My input - I like grimoires. Nice, simple, works with the sit animation. I would main grimoires all the time if I could.)
    ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

I'm actually going to use puppet now that all 3 are equalized because of the Iona puppet. There's no pro/con to any of them anymore, it's just if you want to push things, or have a preference with a transform weapon skin.
    Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
    Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
    Discord: vara#2664
    recent costumes list

Comment

I'm using an orb because I have gold weapon orb :'D.. and I'm not really the designated pusher in most of the raid teams anyway.
      (If they need me to push, I'll get the shockwave skill, if not then no need to stress over it and just use wheeling staff/fire skill in sorc tree)

If I had to choose one of the others though, I would pick grimoire for pushing but also just for aesthetics.. :'D
      Would only make a puppet if the puppet looked cute.... back in the day I did collect puppets just cause they looked cute... so..

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
      Other Characters:
      Saint/s -
      Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
      Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
      Ice Witch - SachMizora
      Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

• vara
        vara commented
        Editing a comment

c u t e

• SachiMizora
        SachiMizora commented
        Editing a comment
        I never got the Iona weapons sadly... let alone the necklace :c
        So I COULD NEVER WITNESS THIS BALL OF CUTENESS IN MY OWN HANDS.

With puppet it seems to be an infinite wall bounce in pvp if you have the slap plate(effects the speed of all main-hand weapons). Sorcs don't have that much of a reason to wall combo if poison isn't on cd tho. i can see a use for it if you do eq pvp and have plate expansion but other than that i'd just get it because most of the puppets are quite cute. Depending on my luck with eggs if i happen to get the kalahan weapon set ill definitely be switching to puppet. Who wouldn't want a mini Kalahan on their hand!

Comment

In terms of aesthetics, I like the puppets as well. Since I have a Seriously Cute Police Doll, I don't need to worry about what I get for utility. I prefer Grimoire for utility, since it's useful for pushing and a slow Witch Slap in ladder, though I do fondly remember using a puppet to smack the poochums toward my teammates in Saint's Haven Defense Season 2.
        Last edited by Fabulous; 01-16-2017, 07:14 PM.
        Discord: Fabulous #3971
        You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
        Class Updates Document
        Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
        YouTube Channel

Comment

• Viccl
          Viccl commented
          Editing a comment
          "Seriously Cute Police Doll" no stop

• Echelos
          Echelos commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ same, police doll hella kawaii.

I have my a e s t h e t i c s with my Windows XP notebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyrnnn View Post
          With puppet it seems to be an infinite wall bounce in pvp if you have the slap plate(effects the speed of all main-hand weapons). Sorcs don't have that much of a reason to wall combo if poison isn't on cd tho. i can see a use for it if you do eq pvp and have plate expansion but other than that i'd just get it because most of the puppets are quite cute. Depending on my luck with eggs if i happen to get the kalahan weapon set ill definitely be switching to puppet. Who wouldn't want a mini Kalahan on their hand!
          No main hand is better for infinite wall bounce in pvp imo.

Comment

Damn, puppet hype is more real than I knew. xD

Never seen puppet right-click used in pvp though, I'll have to play around with that some day.
            ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Originally posted by Orona View Post
              Damn, puppet hype is more real than I knew. xD

Never seen puppet right-click used in pvp though, I'll have to play around with that some day.

It'll look something similar to this
              (but no mainhand in pvp is still better)

Comment

Originally posted by Caramel View Post

It'll look something similar to this
                (but no mainhand in pvp is still better)
                Time to find a poor tink to try this on in pvp.

Comment

Originally posted by Philemena View Post

Time to find a poor tink to try this on in pvp.
                  You can actually keep a tink para locked if you time witch slap correctly (as in stagger them with no main-hand slap, and slap again at proper time as soon as they're about to recover so they don't fall, but are staggered again).

Comment

weapon-less slap is the best slap for pvp, it's actually faster than book and has more para.
                    Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
                    Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
                    Discord: vara#2664
                    recent costumes list

Comment

You can use the first hit of puppet to hit a downed opponent, then follow-up with another skill. This is great for preventing them from rolling or getting up when GSpike or Toxic is on CD. It's easier to push downed opponents if they're moving out of toxic as well. Pyros should use puppet for lava ball. Use lavaball>left-click to shoot> Right-click to puppet> Wheeling staff after first hit of puppet > Opponent moves with lava balls and takes full hits + explosion.

Comment

well if pve i prefer grimoires like other to push things :3 pvp prefer slap no weapon ♥

IGN: StJINO || S A I N T || GUILD: ARMY [GM]

Comment

Working...
                        X