Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Things About?!

Yes this is another thread about CM.

So by now you guys realize I post a lot of stuff about Chaos Mages (like ok I'm sorry but I do enjoy my class, lol) but anyway this time I wanted to share some little spooky things I learned today. I was doing some damage testing in Training Grounds after I had noticed that Meteor Storm was updated along with the Chaos Mage buff despite not being included in the patch notes.

Here's what the new tooltip reads. Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	92
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	65283
    So looking at this we see that they've added an iframe to the skill's duration, cool!

Granted the iframe only lasts for the very beginning of the casting animation as you float upwards and then once the skill starts dealing damage it ends, so its useful in some sense but its nothing comparable to the Elementalist skill Frozen Fury which has an iframe throughout the skill duration. But not only that, when I was testing the viability of the skill in dps rotations, I noticed it was doing a lot more than the board damage should be doing, and after testing multiple times I realized the real value was exactly 1.5x what the skill tooltip stated.

13982 x 1.5 = 20973

So Meteor Storm does a lot more damage than the value on the tooltip, just like Comet, which is another skill in the same situation.

In my most recent thread which I posted on the day of the Chaos Mage buff patch, I stated that Comet was not only buffed, but doing a lot more damage than the tooltip stated.
    Click image for larger version

Views:	22
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	65284
    On here it says 4,042%, but after testing many times I found that the real value was 5,774%, which when you compare it to the skill, is 1.4285x the value on the tooltip, which y'know is a really weird number. But oddly enough I had seen this exact number before when comparing damage between a different skill.

Ok now to start, Focus Gravity is literally the most confusing thing about Chaos Mages, and when you try to figure out just how much damage it does, the skill description number (which says 3,900%) has nothing to do with the actual damage of the skill.
    Click image for larger version

Views:	25
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	65285
    For Triple Orbs, the damage of Focus Gravity is exactly 3x the board damage, which makes sense when Triple Orbs leaves behind 3 orbs and you use those to deal the damage from Focus Gravity. But for Gravity Blast, instead of doing 3x its board damage when you use Focus Gravity, it did 4.2855x. Which doesn't make as much sense, to me at least. But when I divided that number by 3, I got 1.4285, a random number that I didn't pay too much mind to the first time I saw it.

4.2855 / 3 = 1.4285

And now, looking at these two skills, with Focus Gravity after Gravity Blast doing exactly 1.4285x more damage than it should, and then Comet doing more damage by the exact same weird proportion, its a little confusing. I still haven't figured out why these two skills are doing higher damage than expected by an unusual ratio, or why Meteor Storm is doing 1.5x extra damage too, but I just felt like sharing this with everyone for fun (cuz its 6am and I've been messing around in training grounds for the past 3 hours). Hopefully this will make sense in the future, or not, you never know with these developers we have.

Feel free to comment or ask more questions if you like, I'll answer everything as best I can. ♥

IGN: Echoes
    DISC: Echelos#0677
    Last edited by Echelos; 04-26-2017, 12:23 PM.
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

meteor storm always had an iframe upon start up until the first rock falls ever since 40 cap. they didnt change it at all
    ForceLord
    HorseLord
    GOATLord

Comment

Working...
    X