Endcap Review & Class Mastery III Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endcap Review & Class Mastery III Thoughts

I thought I'd share some videos I made to commemorate the end of 93 cap and usher in 95 cap. These are Battlefield Training Ground videos, 50B tests. I unfortunately don't have Rune Ls, so my DPS is low. I'll briefly talk about my impressions here, and if you want to read more, I blabbered on in my video descriptions. I have described the Class Mastery IIIs, and if there were any changes to them since they were introduced. With regards nests, it'll be weird doing Volcano Nest again, since that was my initiation into PVE. Let me know what you're excited about for 95 cap and your thoughts on the Class Mastery IIIs, etc.

Pyromancer

Pyromancer's been a consistently solid choice due to her ease of use and good damage. Her heavy RNG is the only thing holding her back from world domination. In 95 cap, she can use Flame Worm to increase the action speed and explosion damage of Hot Rod. I don't see any downsides to this.
    v1: Flame Worm's damage increases by 1000%. Its CD increases from 7s to 9s. Afterward, Hot Rod's action speed doubles and its explosions do 20% more damage (they already do 30% of Hot Rod's damage).

Ice Witch

Ice Witch started off being pretty good; she can do comparable damage to to Pyro and WM if played right. This combined with her ice stacks make her a formidable addition to any party. To optimize her DPS, you need to be aggressive with spamming everything and using Ice Cyclones when appropriate. In 95 cap, she can use Glacial Spike to increase the action speed and damage of Icy Shards. As someone who only hated Icy Shards for its slowness and lack of damage, I welcome this change. It should replace a few of the Ice Cyclones.
    v1: Glacial Spike's damage increases by 1000%, and its form changes into a free-falling projectile. Its CD increases from 7s to 9s. All three Icy Shards can be quickly cast consecutively, and the damage of the third Icy Shards increases by 100%.
    v2: Added 50% damage increase to the second Icy Shards.

War Mage

War Mage hasn't changed at all since the start of the cap, and her consistent DPS-style bars her from most endgame parties, since burst DPS becomes the meta. This and her competition in the converted element department make her a sadly rare choice, even though she does comparable DPS to Pyro. In 95 cap, she can use Shock Wave to summon a Laser Cutter that stays in one place to deal damage. While I normally would have no problem with this, the fact that it requires the Laser Cutter Awakening indicates that we should avoid it. The Laser Cutter Awakening is awful and wastes bubbles. This gets a buff later that might make it worth it, but I'm not sure.
    v1: Shock Wave's damage increases by 1000%, and it creates a vortex that sucks enemies in. Its CD decreases from 17s to 10s. When cast afterward, Laser Cutter stands still and deals damage in one location, for 20 hits with the same speed as normal Laser Cutter. There is no explosion.
    v2: Added 5 hits to the linked Laser Cutter, for a total of 25 hits. Added explosion damage to the first and last hits.

Chaos Mage

Chaos Mage started off being as strong as her sisters, and then she got a buff in April that boosted her up significantly. I've spent much of my time this cap making videos for her and teaching people about her, and I hope I was helpful. Although she is difficult, getting it right is rewarding. In 95 cap, she can use Void Blast (Dark Nova) to cast Gravity Well at the site of the explosion, so she doesn't have to stand still and channel it. The only downside to this is that the linked Gravity Well stays in one spot and takes a few seconds to deal full damage, meaning that if a boss does a mech or moves, you might lose out on that damage.
    v1: Void Blast's (Dark Nova) damage increases by 200%, and its leftover explosion becomes larger and sucks enemies in. Its CD increases from 13s to 14s (bug). When cast immediately afterward, Gravity Well becomes channeled in the spot of the explosion, and your movement isn't restricted. This is speculated to do the same amount of damage as the Teleport Awakening/Gravity Well INS (80% of Gravity Well's damage).
    v2: Added 20% more damage to the linked Gravity Well. Restored CD of Void Blast to 13s.

Black Mara

Black Mara has been strong ever since she was introduced and it's because she wields her Transform skill as a DPS skill, not to mention her insanely potent Enhanced Contract Spam. I've made a few videos to showcase how it works. By far the strongest of the Astral Coven, she's the best sorc to use if your team is running into DPS troubles. In 95 cap, she can use Wheeling Staff to narrow the range of her Insult, making it easier to land all the hits. Insult does fine damage on its own, so this is a great addition to her toolkit.
    v1: Wheeling Staff's damage increases by 150%, and it creates a whirlwind that sucks enemies in. Its CD decreases to 12s. Press Normal Attack afterward to rise up into the air and Insult. The range of the sparks becomes narrower and more concentrated.
    v2: Added 4 sparks to Insult, increasing the damage by 3600%.

Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Is it me or Class Mastery III for Pyromancer is not working properly ? Fire Burst animation and damage changed, sure.... but Hot rod got no differences
    Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
    IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

• Zeref
      Zeref commented
      Editing a comment
      You should notice an improvement on hot rod's initial casting time ~ I haven't checked if the explosion did more dmg now tho

• Fabulous
      Fabulous commented
      Editing a comment
      It is working properly. The getting on the broomstick has significantly increased its speed, and there is a slight increase in speed while riding. You can notice this in golem; start at one point on the map and circle around the golem. With normal Hot Rod, you will end up at the same location. With the linked Hot Rod, you will end up in a different location. The explosions do more damage as stated, and the hit reliability of the linked Hot Rod is 100% on the golem. Normal Hot Rod might have 28, 35, or 42 (max) hits on golem. The linked Hot Rod will always deal 42 hits, provided you rotate around him.
      Last edited by Fabulous; 09-23-2017, 08:37 PM.

• Axxon
      Axxon commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the tests, we gain one second of cast time overral, it's not really ''Faster'' while riding. Normal Hot Rod is 5 seconds, Linked Hot Rod is 4 seconds actually. We feel the riding is faster because getting on the broom is ''instant'' ? But overral, it's a 1 second gain on the entire spell I'm sorry I made a ruckus about that o-e But the wording made it hard to search the difference and nothing tells you're doing a ''linked Hot Rod''.
Working...
X