• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF PvP Adept skill build/tips

Please and thank you!

⋆OTIUM⋆

My questions for PvP build:

1. Is Elemental Mastery useful in PvP (non-ladder)? Unified fire/ice into the one with higher attack power sounds useless in pvp, but every pvp adept build has it ):

2. Is double ice-palm worth the 19 extra sp in PvP? I mean, is trading dps from either -volcano punch / magma pillars / poison pop / toxic spill- worth it for an extra weak ice-palm?

This has been most difficult cap deciding for adept for me. Usually I get everything I want lol (this time losing both maxed coolant and contagion feels like a nerf)
    Overall, I feel potentially also losing both awakening passives (elemental mastery seems useless) is totally un-fun! Would be nice scaring people with 2 ice-palms, but I feel I can't afford them ):

Comment

Any adept know what they're doing and want to share? ♥

Tink forums seems to be empty lol
      I wanted someone to convince me to get ice-palm awakening ):

Once again, I see every adept build with elemental mastery, when the description only seems useful for PvE (or un-equalized pvp).
      Would like an explanation as to why pvp adepts get elemental mastery, since ele % isn't viable in equalized pvp, unless there's hidden fire% higher than ice% or something strange???
      Last edited by Illusie; 12-06-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

It's dead, Jim. R.I.P

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

Originally posted by Illusie View Post
          My questions for PvP build:

1. Is Elemental Mastery useful in PvP (non-ladder)? Unified fire/ice into the one with higher attack power sounds useless in pvp, but every pvp adept build has it ):

2. Is double ice-palm worth the 19 extra sp in PvP? I mean, is trading dps from either -volcano punch / magma pillars / poison pop / toxic spill- worth it for an extra weak ice-palm?

This has been most difficult cap deciding for adept for me. Usually, I get everything I want lol (this time losing both maxed coolant and contagion feels like a nerf)
          Overall, I feel potentially also losing both awakening passives (elemental mastery seems useless) is totally un-fun! Would be nice scaring people with 2 ice-palms, but I feel I can't afford them ):
          1. It has no effects on equalized pvp, people get it for ladder usually. Unless in a group another class can buff your fire and ice its pretty much useless but its 3 sp and the times it works its pretty amazing so why not.

2. Its a pretty good lockdown but its up to you in the end. Both hits have high SA break so if someone decides to hit you while under the hands they pretty much gonna be on the ground until spring comes. In total if you get both hands to land all the hits it does around 1638% damage which is quite a significant and can be buffed more but its over a 7 second duration. Poison pop has too much delay usually to cast since they have more than enough time to get up and cancel poison pop (or just ive you a hug and you wont hit them). Toxic spill leaves you afking for a second after and they need to be poisoned which is either poison pop (hitting that skill is hard) disease (next to 0 sa break skill) or rotato which means you have to get on a gladiators face and thats not smart. The chances of being able to cast them in a scenario where they hit + cool time makes them not as worth. Other adept skills should be maxed except for frost fist which is good for iframe but you have to be close up to hit.
          Last edited by Colourfulsky; 12-08-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

The skeleton of the pvp build, wanna point out a few things

-get bomb a daisy, max dash and the 2 mana ones if you have spares in that order.
            -lvl 6 alley oop has a pretty high sa, but up to you
            -force bump again optional, but pretty good to giving distance especially if you get it to 6
            -alfredo is a troll in ladder if you have high hp

-coolant and cocktail's 350% is base of what is thrown first, and since you usually want to throw coolant first for the suction effect thats why its maxed
            -skill up for magma monument is op
            -you mighttt have bubble issues if you dont get the poison skills depending on how you play
            -phys ult does a lot more than adept ult, if you ladder you might want to max both since adept ult is good for catching
            - i explained elemental harmony and ice palm awakening above so up to you
            Last edited by Colourfulsky; 12-09-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colourfulsky View Post

1. It has no effects on equalized pvp, people get it for ladder usually. Unless in a group another class can buff your fire and ice its pretty much useless but its 3 sp and the times it works its pretty amazing so why not.

2. Its a pretty good lockdown but its up to you in the end. Both hits have high SA break so if someone decides to hit you while under the hands they pretty much gonna be on the ground until spring comes. In total if you get both hands to land all the hits it does around 1638% damage which is quite a significant and can be buffed more but its over a 7 second duration. Poison pop has too much delay usually to cast since they have more than enough time to get up and cancel poison pop (or just ive you a hug and you wont hit them). Toxic spill leaves you afking for a second after and they need to be poisoned which is either poison pop (hitting that skill is hard) disease (next to 0 sa break skill) or rotato which means you have to get on a gladiators face and thats not smart. The chances of being able to cast them in a scenario where they hit + cool time makes them not as worth. Other adept skills should be maxed except for frost fist which is good for iframe but you have to be close up to hit.

Thanks for the reply! ♥

1. I actually forgot about group buffs! Assumed most of those got removed from buffing other players a while ago, at least in PvP (been busy, off game a long time).
              Fire/Ice % group buffs? If you have time, can you tell me some of the classes that have fire/ice group buffs? Do these only work in PvE?

2. I've played adept since they came out so I know the poison pop struggles (; But, after a long time I now usually get it to hit in 1v1 (w/o force bump) and it is hard to miss in group pvp ironically.
              1638% for both hands is high! And . . . that should easily work when you drain someone's evades! Might be fun in group pvp too (which is why I wanted to be convinced to get it! ♥)

Toxic spill delay actually isn't a problem anymore, since Magma Jump eliminates the toxic spill delay (Yay!).
              Well, slip and slide -> toxic-twirl is too fast for most classes to predict (or stop), but the non-speed buffed toxic-twirl can be canceled. However, most classes can't even handle slow rota-whirl though :I
              Slip and Slide -> speedy toxic-twirl -> Toxic Spill -> Magma Jump -> Continue combo

Toxic-Twirl -> Toxic Spill -> Magma Jump (at 6:23 and 9:24)

The Coolant -> Cocktail information is helpful! Coolant too expensive though (10 extra points D; ). I guess I need to throw cocktail before coolant :/
              Still trying to figure out what to give up for Ice-Palm awakening since toxic spill is viable now, due to magma jump >:/
              Last edited by Illusie; 12-09-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illusie View Post

Thanks for the reply! ♥

1. I actually forgot about group buffs! Assumed most of those got removed from buffing other players a while ago, at least in PvP (been busy, off game a long time).
                Fire/Ice % group buffs? If you have time, can you tell me some of the classes that have fire/ice group buffs? Do these only work in PvE?

2. I've played adept since they came out so I know the poison pop struggles (; But, after a long time I now usually get it to hit in 1v1 (w/o force bump) and it is hard to miss in group pvp ironically.
                1638% for both hands is high! And . . . that should easily work when you drain someone's evades! Might be fun in group pvp too (which is why I wanted to be convinced to get it! ♥)

Toxic spill delay actually isn't a problem anymore, since Magma Jump eliminates the toxic spill delay (Yay!)
                Well, slip and slide -> toxic-twirl is too fast for most classes to predict (or stop), but the non-speed buffed toxic-twirl can be canceled. However, most classes can't even handle slow rota-whirl though :I
                Slip and Slide -> speedy toxic-twirl -> Toxic Spill -> Magma Jump -> Continue combo

Toxic-Twirl -> Toxic Spill -> Magma Jump (at 6:23 and 9:24)

Still trying to figure out what to give up for Ice-Palm awakening since toxic spill is viable now, due to magma jump >:/
                Oh right! Now that you mentioned it theres no elemental party buffs left o.o I guess the skill is just useless in in equlized until future hops of devs bringing back party buffs. D:

Wow i thought magma jump only cancels fire and ice skills like how the discription says but thats pretty cool! Another way that might work too if you cast disease/any poison skill>volcano punch > frosty fist > toxic spill > icebeam ins since the ins seems like it can hit targets on the ground now? The ins will also allow you to cancel the toxic spills delay if you want to save magma jumps iframe

yeah 19 points is a lot... between the ice palms and toxic spill im still leaning towards ice palm since its easier to cast and ppl can iframe toxic spill but cant escape the ice palms.

Comment

Originally posted by Colourfulsky View Post

Oh right! Now that you mentioned it theres no elemental party buffs left o.o I guess the skill is just useless in in equlized until future hops of devs bringing back party buffs. D:

Wow i thought magma jump only cancels fire and ice skills like how the discription says but thats pretty cool! Another way that might work too if you cast disease/any poison skill>volcano punch > frosty fist > toxic spill > icebeam ins since the ins seems like it can hit targets on the ground now? The ins will also allow you to cancel the toxic spills delay if you want to save magma jumps iframe

yeah 19 points is a lot... between the ice palms and toxic spill im still leaning towards ice palm since its easier to cast and ppl can iframe toxic spill but cant escape the ice palms.
                  Hopefully we get those group buffs again. They were so fun :/

That skill succession should work too!

I also still need to get a feel of the bubble management for this awakening, because toxic spill is low cd for high damage but so many bubbles consumed. Ice-Palm takes no bubbles at all, so more fluid game-play. I guess I could stall my toxic spill to be able to use that flashy Elemental-Flair—which takes 9 bubbles—but I want to have max bubbles all game D:!

Although, I could consider changing magma monument / volcanic punch also, but I love both of these skills at high damage ):
                  This is so difficult X3

Comment

Working...
                  X