Ray mechanic pve guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray mechanic pve guide

Hi all, i'm Chelly from Sea, and currently our server is undergoing a transfer to the hands of ED, in the meantime, i decided to work on this guide to help out players who are geniunely interested in this class.
    whether if its useful or not , i leave it to the judgement of the audience.
    i hope to hear some constructive feedback from y'all!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...NSW_W9Z4i8xykE

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Great guide! Definitely a welcomed addition here.

Personally I tend to not use the atomic shield since I can still take damage upon countering.

Also a question about the upcoming CM III:

Are the multiflexers tracked to the nearest enemy?

or

Are they tracked to whatever/whichever enemy the stun grenade hit?

Comment

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, they work like artillery's tracking arrow, and i believe it will target the nearest monster , not with the stun grenade mark.

• Aqua.Soo
      Aqua.Soo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, although this probably matters more for PvP, Atomic Shield attack animation does NOT have iframe like SM parry or paladin block attack. Not worth the risk.

In fact, it's just 1 point, but I don't think lv 2 Atomic Shield is necessary.
      Last edited by Aqua.Soo; 08-31-2017, 08:45 PM.

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Atomic shield can allow you to block fully in human form, with a counter hit, it works like parry and block, you wont be eating damage, well for PVE,
      My guide is based of PVE, so i do not really know much about PVP parts. :/

I don't see the purpose of conserving SP works because we are going to end up having leftover sps and spending them which can boost your damage is more worthy than keeping them.
      Last edited by Chelly; 09-01-2017, 03:50 AM.

I see.

Also, I'm not to sure if this is a bug, but every time I earn 5 bubbles via atomic blade spam (in generation field only),
    I'm unable to use the Ray: Atomic Blade (Ultimate ver.). I would end up having to use Flick to use up one
    bubble then use either multiflexer or dynamic laser to get the 5th bubble before being able to use Ray: Atomic Blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanakarasu View Post
      I see.

Also, I'm not to sure if this is a bug, but every time I earn 5 bubbles via atomic blade spam (in generation field only),
      I'm unable to use the Ray: Atomic Blade (Ultimate ver.). I would end up having to use Flick to use up one
      bubble then use either multiflexer or dynamic laser to get the 5th bubble before being able to use Ray: Atomic Blade.
      Yes it's indeed a bug, however the recent KDN patch fixed this not long ago( CMIIW, the patch with dispenser update), i think it will be fixed once 95 cap arrives for NA.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
      When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Hanakarasu
        Hanakarasu commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, that's good to hear.
        Also, I can't wait for that dispenser buff.

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        You better be , the dispenser update is really really useful now, buffs last for 100 sec, thrice the duration compared to the old one, there is 20% action speed buff,15% fd buff, -15% cd buff, reset cd buff, no more junk drops. one of the best updates ive seen so far for academics.

• Hanakarasu
        Hanakarasu commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe me, I've been waiting for a decent change to dispenser since after 60 cap.

Something that came to my attention earlier today:

This rarely happens and hence a bit hard to replicate, but attempting to transform during mechs or attacks that pushes your character back (or severly knock down) can result in a weird canceled transformation whereas the game would treat your char as though they are in "rider" state despite being dismounted.
      As such, most of the mechanic and all of the tinkerer skills would become unusable. Furthermore, despite the game treating your char in "rider" state, your skills still function as a non-rider, including "Alfredo Frontier" (which means you'll have to wait for the cooldown to end before attempting to use it again).

Again this rarely happens considering that there's few attacks (with the exception of nest/raid mechs or major boss attacks) that can actually bypass i-frame, but it's kinda hard to note it since during the transformation sequence there's a 1-2 sec lag (thank goodness the transformation is i-frame).

Comment

Originally posted by Hanakarasu View Post
        Something that came to my attention earlier today:

This rarely happens and hence a bit hard to replicate, but attempting to transform during mechs or attacks that pushes your character back (or severly knock down) can result in a weird canceled transformation whereas the game would treat your char as though they are in "rider" state despite being dismounted.
        As such, most of the mechanic and all of the tinkerer skills would become unusable. Furthermore, despite the game treating your char in "rider" state, your skills still function as a non-rider, including "Alfredo Frontier" (which means you'll have to wait for the cooldown to end before attempting to use it again).

Again this rarely happens considering that there's few attacks (with the exception of nest/raid mechs or major boss attacks) that can actually bypass i-frame, but it's kinda hard to note it since during the transformation sequence there's a 1-2 sec lag (thank goodness the transformation is i-frame).
        Actually i experienced this too while i was playing in cdn, while your character is being forced into a mech, transforming will bug yourr character into a "skill locked" state, where supposedly you should be on alfredo, however the system thinks you are on alfredo, but in reality you are not.
        btw thanks for pointing this out, i will include a list of notable bugs later when im free.
        anyway, do note that do not attempt to transform during any kind of mechs to avoid being bugged, and have to end up waiting 70secs++ to unbug yourself :/

basically how this occurs is when you transform, there is a load time of a few seconds, 2-3 perhaps, while the incoming silence mech is instant, so i think after silence hits you, you get instantly dismounted, but the system is still undergoing the 2-3 seconds of mounting. Resulting in tricking the system that you are on board.
        Last edited by Chelly; 09-02-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Hanakarasu
          Hanakarasu commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha!
          Thanks for the insight.
      Working...
      X