Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Level 93 Cap Lunar Knight Skill Builds! Let's see your choices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 93 Cap Lunar Knight Skill Builds! Let's see your choices!

My personal Build that I have been running:

IGN: GreenmercyLK

Discord: GreenAnodyne#7700

Looks great if you're doing pve! One question though, why not invest in deep straight level 1 for the iframe? I mean if your dodging is the absolute best then just ignore me but, yeah.. XD just wondering.

Heron
    Inadvertently Offensive Bear..
    Some of you really piss me off!
    Scratch my back and I'll love you forever..
    I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly
    Voice Acting Profile https://www.castingcall.club/m/joe%20the%20villain

Comment

No level 1 Deep Straight because theres no time to cast it in DPSing, and the Awakened Eclipse gives use iFrame now....overall, i dont find it needed

Comment

This is my build I will be using. No point in MLS Awkn, it's literally weaker than MLS EX. Without MBD EX to eat bubbles, Cyclone and Eclipse is enough.

I like taking Forward Thrust and Destructive Swing for utility. Lv2 parry because the damage is insane.

Comment

From my experiences in TDN, its been more damage to run the awakening because it adds more off to the skill and it seems to feel a little bit faster to use......and the tornado's hit the same amount as the non awaken, with higher base damage. in no shape or form does it do less damage overall. and like previously mentioned there's no time to use Forward thrust for DPSing, and if you are using for iFrame, you might as well just use parry stance. You also took Dash Kick which isn't needed, when you also have Triple Slash as utility and Moonblader to help with pushing seeds and stuff like that. For Lunar Knight, overall there is no reason to not take any of your awakenings

EDIT: MLS is also a good stack keeper skill when not near boss skill since Cyclone and Eclipse are your debuff/damage source.
          Last edited by GreenmercyLK; 09-23-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I'm a barb main but figured I'd throw my two cents in. I'm not a very good moonlord but this is how I'd go as far as a build defines. Most of this is from my swordsman knowledge of 90 cap. Idk the exact results of stat changes for 93 cap, but this is probably how I'd go into 93.

PvP-based build.

Warrior-Tree : Lvl 6 Impact, Rising, and Destructive Swing in the warrior tree for the sake of utility. The iFrame on Dest Swing is nice for evading telegraphed attacks. Impact Wave is good for makeshift relaunches for when you drop. Self explanatory rising slash.

Swordsman-Tree : MLS 16 because its a nice place to stop it for a class oriented-skill. Lvl 1 Cyclone because I personally feel the idea of a large-AoE insta-casting DMG skill that lifts (regarding 93 cap Cyclone Ex) is far too powerful for a class generally known as the weakest of the warrior trees for PvP. Lvl 16 CC. I've noticed moonlords in 90 cap do absolute garbage damage in PvP. "Burst Damage" should be more than the consistent damage I get on every other class, but the burst is like maybe 100k in a few seconds, then ML's drop their combo, where as with every other class, they get 100k in maybe 10 seconds, but can combo you indefinitely. Lvl 11 Eclipse because I'd imagine with the ex (which adds four hits), it'd be hilariously over powered. On my glad it does a good 2-3k per hit, so with ML's that's like 12k DMG every 20 seconds and it doubles as an iFrame and animation canceler. Lvl 11 Line Drive because it does so much more damage than Half Moon Slash. At level 11 Half Moon slash does 700% dmg, and Line Drive does well over 1000%. Those numbers are for moonlord IIRC. When your own specialized skills are weaker than the other option you may as well just super-invest into your other route. Lvl 11 Triple Slash for a high-damaging decent approach. Triple Slash tanks moves, like sin's shuriken and many archer shots, and lets you approach at the same time. Getting that to 11 so it does noticeable damage can cause other players to panic.

Moonlord-Tree : I kept MBD at 1 because I never know how softbans/selfbans etc work. I've noticed when moonlords use MBD many people will start iron skinning/spirit boosting on 'em. I assume MBD is BL, but for the life of me I cannot see why, so I kept it at 1 for the movement utility (Ex is questionable at best, I may just straight up not get it to be frank) Flash Stance at 11 because it is still a good poking tool, and raising the damage of it can be good if you happen to land a solid setup for it. Obviously getting eclipse Awakened. Luring Awakened is subjective, I've heard you cannot tumble cancel it, which means you'd be lift wide open if you whiffed it. Avoiding MLS Awakened because the utility in aiming the current lasers into airborne targets outtrumps the utility of the relaunching MLS. Plus regular MLS can frame trap certain characters (although not as well as pre-para nerf)

dat would be my ML build. I wouldn't mind criticisms as I don't PvP on moonlord a lot so, go for it.
            Last edited by Anime Garbage; 09-23-2016, 07:51 PM. Reason: The photo thing is weird. Diddling around with the forum functions to see if I can get a pic of the build in my post.

Comment

Like i said before, taking all awakenings are extremely needed......in your build you even left out Cyclone Slash, which is leaving the Instant cast out. in a pvp based way, you would still want the awakenings. AND not only that, the CYCLONE SLASH is top 5 damage in the build......This is the reason you PLATE it as well. and all these glad skills are pointless to take because there is not enough time to be casting them in the rotation.

You also DO NOT want to take MBD EX, because it CHEWS your bubbles by a lot, it makes you going from consistent 45-50 bubbles to 15-20 bubbles and lowering constantly since you cannot keep up to the bubble usage......The build i listed was a Smash X generation build, which is our Highest Damaging skill. When its on CD its Halfmoon instant.

In a PvE standard, i dont recommend des swing, or rising slash. Also should be taking at least level 1 parry for the utility in blocking (basically 5 second iframe that deals dmg)

Cyclone CD: 6 seconds
              Lure CD: 9 seconds
              HMS CD: 6 seconds (9 seconds because you dont use without LURE to EX INSTANT CAST)
              MLS CD: 8 seconds
              Eclipse CD: 9 seconds

Plates used:
              - Cyclone Slash (Damage)
              - Eclipse (Damage)
              - Halfmoon Slash (Damage)
              - Moon Blade Dance (Cooldown)

All PvE standards, I, myself am not a PvPer at all

Kinda tempted to make a whole Lunar Knight Guide for everyone that doesn't know how the class actually works after this revamp.

Comment

Is the a 93 cap skill sim somewhere I can use?

Comment

Originally posted by Lythanhlong View Post
                  Is the a 93 cap skill sim somewhere I can use?
                  https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/kdn

Just click on NA at the top right for translations for class names

IGN: Sugoi
                  Discord: Zerk (Sugoi)#6711

Comment

Originally posted by GreenmercyLK View Post
                    From my experiences in TDN, its been more damage to run the awakening because it adds more off to the skill and it seems to feel a little bit faster to use......and the tornado's hit the same amount as the non awaken, with higher base damage. in no shape or form does it do less damage overall. and like previously mentioned there's no time to use Forward thrust for DPSing, and if you are using for iFrame, you might as well just use parry stance. You also took Dash Kick which isn't needed, when you also have Triple Slash as utility and Moonblader to help with pushing seeds and stuff like that. For Lunar Knight, overall there is no reason to not take any of your awakenings

EDIT: MLS is also a good stack keeper skill when not near boss skill since Cyclone and Eclipse are your debuff/damage source.
                    This is incorrect. MLS Awkn adds 30% to the first hit but removes the second hit, while MLS EX adds an additional 50% hit. AWKN is thus 130% of board damage, and EX is 150%.

Forward Thrust iframe is extremely useful when it is necessary to i-frame for several attacks in a row. See: Dark Room for RDN, or Triple Stomp/Tracer for IDN. Additionally, LKs can now steal the glad technique of a 3-sec iframe by Forward Thrust > Tumble > Eclipse.

Dash Kick is a replacement for SA break and pushing skills, in lieu of Dash Slash/Combo. It is no longer really necessary in current content, but I keep it because of personal preference.

Stacks are a complete non-issue when you don't take MBD EX. HMS consumes only 5 bubbles on each cast, and Cyclone is constantly cast off cooldown anyway. Without MBD EX, there are absolutely no reasons to take MLS Awkn at all.

EDIT: Screenshots of MLS EX and MLS Awkn. As you can see, MLS EX does 654,686 + 327,247 = 981,933 damage, while MLS Awkn hits for 826,623
                    Last edited by Hekaiyo; 09-24-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenmercyLK View Post
                      Like i said before, taking all awakenings are extremely needed.......
                      Idk. From what I've heard, ML next cap gets pretty amazing, plus the idea of an instant-cast lifting move with suction that has a huge AoE sounds OP as hell to me. I'd prefer not to get something if it makes my character a one trick pony. They address a lot of the ML problems in neutral with two new lifts and the ability to iFrame out of danger with Vortex.

Parry is generally soft banned/bled so I chose to just not get it. The skill list I showed above still saves like 6 points of SP though, so you can probably invest them as you'd see fit.

Regarding MBD Ex, was unaware of the bubble thing. Will probably cut it from my skillbar if that's the case, woo~

Comment

Cyclone Awakening is absolutely absurd in pvp. Not only does it cast instantly and without any warning, it also enlarges the AOE to such an extent that you cannot Aerial Evade out of it without casting some form of super-armor.

Eclipse Awakening is similarly absurd, for obvious reasons.

Parry's cooldown is actually increased to an acceptable 30sec, and is more in-line with Lancea's lv30 Hornet's Touch. I could see Parry dropping from the softban.

MLS Awakening is interesting for PvP. On one hand, it has awkward aiming and cannot be launched up or down, and cannot create "traps" on the ground. On the other, it lifts and generates bubbles. Personally I do not think I will be taking the Awakening for PvP. Even though it lifts, theoretically creating many free openings and combos, Cyclone already fulfills that purpose, and is better at it too. Losing that source of bubble generation will be painful, but casting Cyclone more often should make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekaiyo View Post

This is incorrect. MLS Awkn adds 30% to the first hit but removes the second hit, while MLS EX adds an additional 50% hit. AWKN is thus 130% of board damage, and EX is 150%.

Forward Thrust iframe is extremely useful when it is necessary to i-frame for several attacks in a row. See: Dark Room for RDN, or Triple Stomp/Tracer for IDN. Additionally, LKs can now steal the glad technique of a 3-sec iframe by Forward Thrust > Tumble > Eclipse.

Dash Kick is a replacement for SA break and pushing skills, in lieu of Dash Slash/Combo. It is no longer really necessary in current content, but I keep it because of personal preference.

Stacks are a complete non-issue when you don't take MBD EX. HMS consumes only 5 bubbles on each cast, and Cyclone is constantly cast off cooldown anyway. Without MBD EX, there are absolutely no reasons to take MLS Awkn at all.

EDIT: Screenshots of MLS EX and MLS Awkn. As you can see, MLS EX does 654,686 + 327,247 = 981,933 damage, while MLS Awkn hits for 826,623
                          The Highest DPS LK Globally used MBDEX and MLS awakening.

their reasoning is you will always have over 45 bubbles if you play it correctly.

MLSAW has an instantaneous cast compared to MLSEX which btw MLSAW And EX both add to the MLS Board DMG% so its extremely stupid to not get both.

MBDEX is used for SmashX Cooldown reduction and its extremely easy to generate bubbles when you have an optimized rotation viewable here

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av5090790/

Awakening Skills ADD DMG to their EX Forms and change their animations.
                          It is extremely unwise to not get ALL of your Awakening skills as an LK.

MLSAW Cast time is half of EX standalone

CycloneAW is Nearly Instant

MBDEX Cooldown Reduction outweighs the int loss as you are able to instantly regain all of the bubbles if used correctly.

as you can see in above video when you are soloing a boss your rotation should look like this

CycloneAW->LuringAW->HMSINS->EclipseAW-> Parry-> Smash EX-> BladeStorm-> CycloneAW -> LuringAW->HMSINS-> EclipseAW-> Crescent Cleave->MBDEX-> CycloneAW->LuringAW->HMSINS->EclipseAW->MLSAW

with End-Game gear able to kill the first boss in IDN4Man in 20 seconds.
                          IGN: LunarForce

Comment

You will absolutely not have "45 bubbles if you play it correctly."

MLS generates 10 bubbles every 8 seconds
                            Eclipse generates 10 bubbles every 9 seconds
                            Cyclone generates 10 bubbles every 6 seconds
                            All skills combined are 4 bubbles per sec. This is given 100% optimal cast, so realistically the number is much lower.

MBD EX consumes 30 bubbles every 6 seconds, for 5 bubbles per sec. Obviously, 5 > 4. Sustaining 45 bubbles is absurd. In fact, watching the very video you yourself linked, when he is soloing the dragon phase 1, he hovers at an average of 20 bubbles or so.

Have you even seen the screenshots I've posted? MLS EX is clearly stronger than Awakening, and it is "extremely stupid" to get AW. Or are you implying that 826,623 is a bigger number than 981,933?

As a side note, this is far, far above any reasonable "End-Game gear," and the reason why he can solo these bosses so fast lies not in his skill build, but in his absurd gear. Citing a fast clear video as a reason for skill builds is folly.

Comment

Additionally, MLS EX and MLS Awkn have the exact same cast time.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                              X