• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfmoon Slash Nerf

Credits to lejac11 in DN NA :https://medium.com/@...40ae#.8ygsr1cgb

PvE

Lunar Knight

Half Moon Slash EX
    - Cooldown reduction effect is removed. Skill does not require [Magic Energy] anymore.

Moon Blade Dance EX
    - Skill [Magic Energy] requirement is changed 30 points -> 20 points.

Class Mastery 2
    - Skill does not require [Magic Energy] anymore.
    - Self DMG buff effect is changed 18% -> 30%

Welp goodbye 6 sec hms. How do you guys feel about these changes?

I Don't mind it. the +12% dmg to every skill is a welcome addition and the 10 less cost for MBDex is amazing. overall it doesn't change our dps tier at all.
    IGN: LunarForce

Comment

i don't mind, i never had time to use Crescent cleave. now i can use it again

Comment

I've been using the MBD EX build now in preperation for this change and i dont see any issue with it, they both dish around same dps right now.

Just not really looking forward to being in the air for so long

and i've always had time for crescent cleave....
        IGN: GreenmercyLK

Discord: GreenAnodyne#7700

Comment

• LunarForce
          LunarForce commented
          Editing a comment
          try using MBDex every time your smash X is on cooldown when you have 2-3 seconds on Cyclone Slash MLSAW and Eclipse.

• GreenmercyLK
          GreenmercyLK commented
          Editing a comment
          i can 100% guarantee you that i am not casting things improper, i have had practice with both builds for a long time.

Still just preference right now

Originally posted by Wolfang View Post
        i don't mind, i never had time to use Crescent cleave. now i can use it again
        use Cleave after Eclipse watch that damage fly.

Comment

Not by alot. MBD ex is really good damage too. I don't think I'll see a huge drop in dps at all imo.
          But yeah I didn't have that much time for CCleave either. Resetting Smash X cd anytime it's off CD and using HMS exi off CD was pretty much 90% of my play style LOL.
          Discord : Koko#8205

Comment

• GreenmercyLK
            GreenmercyLK commented
            Editing a comment
            overall its not a lot of lost "DPS", sure for me too my hms exi is top 1 always, mainly because i dont cancel the skill, but this just means MBD EX will take its place with more overall damage. Since you are changing your skill focus

It is overall an actual BUFF to LK's damage output

Note that we also get ANOTHER 12% buff on our Mastery 2 passive.
            Last edited by GreenmercyLK; 10-10-2016, 06:17 PM.

ZeroZX i can see your concern for the loss in cd, but dont count your blessings until you actually try it out. Sure the 6 second is great mainly 9 seconds for isntant. is amazing, but still, its not that great of a loss overall. The only major disappointment i have with this change is that, you are basically partnering luring slice with eclipse instead. Honestly, i hope there ends up being some CD reduction per luring slice use or something of the sort. Kinda like Gladiator's Dash kick mechanic
          IGN: GreenmercyLK

Discord: GreenAnodyne#7700

Comment

• GreenmercyLK
            GreenmercyLK commented
            Editing a comment
            That too would be great. I'd rather have the current playstyle than being in the air all raid.

I see no nerf in these changes and I feel overall there might even be a gain in dps. HMS was not a skill I used every 6 secs, I use luring, eclipse, Moonlight the most, and I never made room for Crescent C, or C slash. I welcome this changes.

Comment

What is the board damage for all the hits for mbd ex. Because if it is greater than hms then these changes are not really a nerf

Comment

Originally posted by RandomLK View Post
              What is the board damage for all the hits for mbd ex. Because if it is greater than hms then these changes are not really a nerf
              11718% is a potential board damage with 12 hits + final slash hitting twice.

Comment

I agree with Greenmercy, just switch your skill priority (more mbds) and you will actually notice a increase in dps. This is especially the case for non mbdex users. The amount of increase however is relative to your playstyle. Lets consider both skills:

-Yes hmsi is strong but its real strength is its casting speed (very quick ~100mil for geared lks).

-it's end animation almost always requires you to spam eclipse (priority 1) to continue fluent dps or parry (priority 2) for safety.

-It's cd coincides very closely to luring awakening, making the instant almost spammable.

Mbd is stronger overall but takes 3-4x as long to cast. It also isn't safe whereby you may have to rely on brushing off halfway through casting when in a dangerous situation. But consider these points:

-If you're good at aiming, 2 x mbdex = smashx off cd, making smashx and mbd obviously top priority and smashex cashable every ~ 13-1t seconds ( add a few moonblader slashes if you miss mbd ticks).

-smashx is stronger than hmsi by a fairly notable margin.

-Since hmsi is just 1slash it is completely reliant on that slash to crit for dps

-you can still use luring into eclipse, disregarding the hmsi every 3 rounds of casting if you'require used to the current playstyle, just cast mbd more.

-12% damage is a quite a significant increase and stronger mbdex/smashx will make a difference.

-20 bubble cost for mbdex is a massive difference in bubble management, making mbdex very possible to spam whilst maintaining near max bubbles for all other skillside.

- Finally, at IDN dragon, our overall dps increases greatly than the current lk due to the size of the dragon and maximum skill ticks.

Personally I like the change, and besides mbd is the LK signature skill and should be used more . Im loving the idea of its reward too, motivating people to aim each blade to decrease smashx cd.
                Last edited by StafA; 10-25-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X