No announcement yet.

Dark Avenger Thread - Live By The Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so i i bought the marine costume and went and teched my earring fire/ice veng and i changed from 15% fire to the 10% FD passive i have dual builds so i can test which has the best dps i cant really see the changes oh well so now im sitting on 62% fire instead of 77%

Comment

Originally posted by Zazzarayq View Post

I am disappointed they didn't buff more than a few DA skills. We're not getting an awakening, so it would make sense to me to get a boost in damage to all of our skills, particularly important ones like Dark Stinger, Grave Slash, Cataclysm, Death Knell, and Fatal Impact.

I would love to see the return of the 3k% Fatal Impact >:-D Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the good ol' 80 cap days ;-(

I am very pleased they changed the buff duration for Shadow Pact, so now I can replace the cooldown crest for that with another damage crest. Gotta love that 40% fire being constantly available now, since it will make DA's rotation smoother.

It baffles me why they reduced the damage on Grave Slash...

-Zazz
      Idk i feel like they are forcing us to use dark anguish a bit to much my whole play style had to change not to mention that skill is so painful to use and the amount of fail attempts just keeps stacking im lucky if i can land it 3x in most nest that's really not a good skill at least they should of made it like coup i mean wth....doom is still shit grave is shit and stinger is shit only thing i can rely on is storm its honesty the best skill when it comes to reliability and fatal impact i dont even want to get started on the amount of crit problems i have with it. Da just needs a good buff and idk when they will finally give us the attention we deserve.

Comment

• Zazzarayq
        Zazzarayq commented
        Editing a comment
        I certainly share your dislike of Dark Anguish. The skill is clunky and you have to interrupt your attacks to move, which feels awful on a class that is so mobile. And yeah, missing crits on Fatal Impact is a real downer, especially since I have max crit and an epic limit crest equipped xD

-Zazz

Brand new to 93 cap, finally got in after they fixed things with sbcglobal emails. 93 cap was really, really nice to dark avenger. My skill build is pretty much Graves-death knell (the vertical line straight down) is maxed, everything else at 1 besides dark anguish and cata

Comment

Should I equp brutal 93 gems on all my armors?

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos View Post
          how are you planning on gearing your DA?

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos View Post
            Stack as much STR as possible along with HP. If you feel like you have enough HP, start using the STR/CRIT gems.
            IGN: Skroler
            Server: NA
            Discord: Joni #4220

Comment

So, since 93 cap destroyed my critical rate(85%-->57%), I'm thinking about switching my Dark Avenger EX skill from the 5% crit boost and 5 sec cooldown on transform to the 15% crit boost and 60 sec cooldown for upcoming 93 PvE content.

It seems to me like keeping up the transformation is easy now, and there aren't too many mechs/attacks I can think of that kick you out of DA mode. Then again, I haven't done IDN on my DA yet, so I don't know how bad it is in there.

Any thoughts or opinions about having a 5 sec vs a 60 sec DA transformation?

-Zazz
              Main character: DeflaGratr

Profile picture credit: "Mega Rayquaza" by Deviant Art user whonghaiw

Comment

Honestly it's a risky switch. There are some moves in IDN where buffs are wiped and we also don't know how many buff wipes there are in RPKN (Returned Professor K Nest) or GN (Granom Nest).

You're also a DA. If you plan on getting L grades in the future, gaining crit will not be a problem at all.

If you hit transformation by mistake and a wipe comes right after you're pretty much screwed. I wouldn't recommend it.

Like I said earlier, get enough HP that you thing is fine for YOU then start getting crit.
                Last edited by Joni; 10-18-2016, 05:13 PM.
                IGN: Skroler
                Server: NA
                Discord: Joni #4220

Comment

• Zazzarayq
                  Zazzarayq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, thanks for the heads up regarding IDN. I'm still on the fence, so I'll probably make a decision once more 93 content comes out.

I don't plan on getting L grades, but I would definitely agree they solve the crit problem. I may go for a legendary ice dragon armor set, which will benefit all of my characters.

-Zazz

my stats with vit fire n ice tech dark anguish ears.
                To be the best takes time
                Time to be the best takes Skill.

Main -Dark Avenger all the way since it's inception.

Comment

• Stormcrowe
                  Stormcrowe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Both Nightmare weps +13

• Zazzarayq
                  Zazzarayq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sweet! Are you going for evolution nightmare? If so, good luck!

-Zazz

• Stormcrowe
                  Stormcrowe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hoping too n thank you

Originally posted by Zazzarayq View Post
                So, since 93 cap destroyed my critical rate(85%-->57%), I'm thinking about switching my Dark Avenger EX skill from the 5% crit boost and 5 sec cooldown on transform to the 15% crit boost and 60 sec cooldown for upcoming 93 PvE content.

It seems to me like keeping up the transformation is easy now, and there aren't too many mechs/attacks I can think of that kick you out of DA mode. Then again, I haven't done IDN on my DA yet, so I don't know how bad it is in there.

Any thoughts or opinions about having a 5 sec vs a 60 sec DA transformation?

-Zazz
                I personally have done this since early 90 cap cuz the debuffing mechs have reduced significantly and the mech to avoid getting debuffed is really to easy to do so unless you derping (or really unlucky somehow) which shouldn't happen. if you don't raid much its better to take the 15% crit boost but if you do however either stick with 5% or get a DA CD plate and get 15% (48 sec cd trans) which is currently what I do cuz I also PVP.

if you are good at your class you are better of as 15% crit boost. trust me debuffing is not much of an issue in our current cap. however, if your gear suffices your crit needs then just take the 5% crit + 5 sec cd since you don't really need crit anymore

Edit: I have done IDN and had no problems with getting out of Trans unless like I said shet happened, ur just bad or u are still learning mechs
                Last edited by Alastor Sama~; 10-21-2016, 02:54 AM.
                IGN: xXAlastorXx
                MAIN: Dark Avenger
                DA4Life~

Comment

• Zazzarayq
                  Zazzarayq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the input Alastor! I would agree that there's almost no debuffing around that interferes with my transformation. My crit is basically capped for 90 content, so I'll wait and see what 93 cap is like.

-Zazz

Using a revival scroll on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X