LK skills questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LK skills questions?

1. Is there a reason why some people leave off mbd ex?

2. What are these "bubbles" that people keep talking about?

1. People say MBD without EX is better dmg wise..
    2. And bubbles are a way to limit what skills you can use, but as an LK generating bubbles will be really easy
    goflvhxj963
    Last edited by Rinkie; 09-28-2016, 05:01 PM. Reason: Really a bad post, scroll down for more info or go read the LK 93 guide
    | Discord: Rinkie#3775 |

Comment

Originally posted by Rinkie View Post
      1. People say MBD without EX is better dmg wise..
      2. And bubbles are a way to limit what skills you can use, but as an LK generating bubbles will be really easy
      goflvhxj963
      so it's not that dmg you get from EX itself is weaker, but it's just that due to consumption of bubble, the overall combination of chaining your different skills makes regular MBD more useful and bring out higher combined damages at the end?

Comment

Ok ok, I did some reading and this is what I got,

MBD EX used to be a no-brainer to get. It is our highest DPS skill and was mandatory. However, now it costs 30 bubbles to cast, meaning it reduces the damage other skills do. In short:

Pros: 40% more damage,6-Second cooldown, Reduces cooldown of Smash X much more efficiently

Cons: Costs 30 bubbles, Animation lag when landing, Short cooldown reduces time available for casting other skills

The most important benefit of MBD EX is the lower cooldown, which allows you to reduce Smash X's cooldown much more. The most important drawback is the cost of 30 bubbles, which significantly reduces your overall damage. In the end, it is equal or better to not take MBD EX in my opinion. If your playstyle heavily favors MBD EX, then by all means take it. But optimally, one would play without the EX

(ty to
        Hekaiyo)

Comment

Originally posted by Rinkie View Post
          Ok ok, I did some reading and this is what I got,

MBD EX used to be a no-brainer to get. It is our highest DPS skill and was mandatory. However, now it costs 30 bubbles to cast, meaning it reduces the damage other skills do. In short:

Pros: 40% more damage,6-Second cooldown, Reduces cooldown of Smash X much more efficiently

Cons: Costs 30 bubbles, Animation lag when landing, Short cooldown reduces time available for casting other skills

The most important benefit of MBD EX is the lower cooldown, which allows you to reduce Smash X's cooldown much more. The most important drawback is the cost of 30 bubbles, which significantly reduces your overall damage. In the end, it is equal or better to not take MBD EX in my opinion. If your playstyle heavily favors MBD EX, then by all means take it. But optimally, one would play without the EX

(ty to
          Hekaiyo)
          I have a question, does using attack skill decrease its damage when you use them while your bubble is low?

Comment

Ok, and yes is the short answer.. as bubbles increase the amount of Int you have does as well, so more bubbles equals more damage overall

Comment

In short, the MBD EX build has better overall burst damage. But sustained Damage it does not. since you are sitting around 15-20 bubbles instead of 45-50.

I posted a more indepth reason on your other post goflvhxj963
              IGN: GreenmercyLK

Discord: GreenAnodyne#7700

Comment

Working...
              X