Real Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Talk

So, since opinions and stating problems is a PROBLEM to people and since people want to shove life situations like chaos of our world, political issues, and other stuff like that of sort, let me just open up something that i think can benefit others, while giving other people a chance to start looking on at whats the real problem. Let me be the one to start first.

I'm a 23 yr old guy, struggling to get his life together, playing an MMO that i can get reduculed for saying some problems i or even others share, and still happen to enjoy because there are good people that you can connect with. I havent had the best childhood and start to adulthood but im getting there. But im honestly not really too concerned at this point of where ill go, its how life and our society today will mold my path for me, without me having to do anything in the process. There are so many issues and this game doesn't really need to get involved into them. Think to yourselves, what was your reason for playing this? A friend helped you get into it for fun, the severe pain you might go through in real life to have this be your escape, to test yourself to make you a better person, or even something else i may have not mentioned? Why do you play, what are your goals outside this game and how does this game help you achieve or progress them for you? What is your thought on the way things in the real world today are handled? Is there a better way for people to just get along instead of bicker about stupidity? There are so many questions that you have. And then, why would some random guy from nowhere ask what most of you are going to call BS? Because i want to see if you are actually thinking of what really is going on instead of the generic responses most do everyday. So before you go and ridicule someone because of a statement, think if they have some good points. Constructive Criticism is fantastic, stereotype criticism isnt. Maybe you may or may not share the same opinion or have the same views. DOESN'T MATTER! Everyone matters and what you treat people is the way you treat the ones you care about and especially yourself. Think before action and speech. It could be the thing that awakens you or makes you break.

Well, you're here of your own volition.

The way I see it you have a few choices.

1. Deal with the criticism.
    2. Ignore the criticism.
    3. Don't post things that will get you criticism.
    4. Don't use the forum.
    5. Leave the game entirely.

Ultimately you're an adult and your problems are your own. The only people who need to give a shit about that is you and perhaps people that like you.

I'm an entirely neutral party here and don't know you in the slightest, however; If you can't handle criticism on the internet there's a good chance you shouldn't be on it.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

That's the beauty of criticism.

It filters bad ideas. If your ideas don't stand up to scrutiny you need to figure out why that is.

​​​​​​

Comment

As an aside, it would really help you and for other people to understand if you organized your thoughts into paragraphs. A solid block of text like that with no clear emphasis on points becomes a chore to read and most people will simply go tl;dr don't care and your opinion will be dismissed. I'll even admit that even I actually didn't read your post and only went back to read it after reading Zengeroff's response.

For example, I've inserted paragraph breaks (but changed no text) which makes your post bearable to read, although it is a little choppy.

I'm a 23 yr old guy, struggling to get his life together, playing an MMO that i can get reduculed for saying some problems i or even others share, and still happen to enjoy because there are good people that you can connect with. I havent had the best childhood and start to adulthood but im getting there. But im honestly not really too concerned at this point of where ill go, its how life and our society today will mold my path for me, without me having to do anything in the process. There are so many issues and this game doesn't really need to get involved into them.

Think to yourselves, what was your reason for playing this? A friend helped you get into it for fun, the severe pain you might go through in real life to have this be your escape, to test yourself to make you a better person, or even something else i may have not mentioned? Why do you play, what are your goals outside this game and how does this game help you achieve or progress them for you? What is your thought on the way things in the real world today are handled? Is there a better way for people to just get along instead of bicker about stupidity?

There are so many questions that you have. And then, why would some random guy from nowhere ask what most of you are going to call BS? Because i want to see if you are actually thinking of what really is going on instead of the generic responses most do everyday.

So before you go and ridicule someone because of a statement, think if they have some good points. Constructive Criticism is fantastic, stereotype criticism isnt. Maybe you may or may not share the same opinion or have the same views. DOESN'T MATTER! Everyone matters and what you treat people is the way you treat the ones you care about and especially yourself. Think before action and speech. It could be the thing that awakens you or makes you break.
        Zengeroff makes some pretty good points. In a public space, you're free to state your opinions and thoughts, but that doesn't bestow upon you any other rights or privileges - by posting, you invite yourself to responses, both negative and positive.

Some people may be civil or properly address your topic, others may troll or insult. That is the risk you take upon yourself by going public and you must be fully willing and ready for it. The world is a harsh place (unfortunately), and other people have their own reasons for playing, posting, etc. that you may not agree with but are not forbidden here.
        Last edited by Vahrheit; 11-16-2017, 11:18 AM.
        WahrBot developer | Divinitor developer | My twitch.tv | Discord: Vahr#9959

I swear I'm an LK main

Comment

Honestly, there are good points, however the problem isnt just the internet in a whole, its basic society in a whole. This i use as an example, i get and accept people have different views, people can say whatever they want, and life is a cruel place, but this is where other things reside due to if others actually accept this notion. The main issue i have is that i understand if they have a different view point and some act like children when they are adults, but the fact is that this is a good example of what needs to be fixed. If an MMO community has so much imbalance like this, then it comes to question if real world issues will ever be solved. The typical response is you're an idiot, or you don't matter, or even the fact of what both of you stated, its a free game, but it seems that harsh critisim and public embarrassment goes so much further unfortunately than words and actions of respect and kindness. Everyone just absolutely hates each other and it still doesnt make sense, even when the reason is obvious. They need to be just as accepting of counter arguments instead of just go for the big guns all the time. No one feels safe, and its sad somewhere like this, its not even safe here to speak up.

Comment

No offense, I'm not digging into this convo beyond what I'm about to say, but you spelled ridicule wrong the first time but spelled it correctly thereafter. *Exits Stage right to go pop popcorn for Drama Nest Season 5 now out on the BBBC (Blue Bird Broadcasting Channel)*

EDIT: What Vahrheit said regarding breaks is true. I read maybe 2 sentences of the OP because nobody likes walls of text, but read Vahr's paragraph form from start to finish.
            Ruina: Sharshenshua
            Dragoon/Flurry: Shenaiki
            Questions? Comments? Queries? Like my attempts to troll bots? PM me on disco(rd) @AjiBuster499#6021

Comment

life sucks
              life is good

reap what u sow

Someone asked for a plvl since we were afk chatting and we said "no," and i was kind enough to explain why -I- didnt want to do it: i have 26 characters over level 93 so grinding is super stale lol
              well he said "i actually have a life" and im just laughing cause this dude is in olddriver, precious nest carries would be no-lifers but its ok, it's all a joke anyway

he also had full epic set and cash so he wasn't som noob either lmfao
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              Who guards the guardians?

Comment

The internet has no filters for you, when u play Dragon Nest, you get all kinds of people that like to play the game, but not everyone is going to fit your criteria of "normal". If you have friends you play with, then don't worry about those other people you hate or hate on you cause honestly who cares? you don't like the community as a whole but, no one is making you stick around.

Comment

Working...
                X