Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a good Horror/Suspense Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a good Horror/Suspense Movie?

For real, movies these days aren't even scary anymore. I remember back in the day when i used to jump out of my seat as some stuff that wasn't even classified as a scary movie. In my opinion, the music they use (the ways they use it) Makes it too obvious when something's going to jump out or appear to slaughter our awaiting protagonists. I think if they just made a scene like that dead quiet.. the "pop out" effect of the creature or thing would have a greater effect. What do you guys think?

Heron
    Inadvertently Offensive Bear..
    Some of you really piss me off!
    Scratch my back and I'll love you forever..
    I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly
    Voice Acting Profile https://www.castingcall.club/m/joe%20the%20villain

My favorite horror film of all time

Comment

Shutter Island was a pretty good suspense movie.

Comment

"Hush" is an amazing horror movie IMO: 9.5/10, not perfect but very good!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPowder View Post
          "Hush" is an amazing horror movie IMO: 9.5/10, not perfect but very good!
          Going to have to check that one out. <3

Heron
          I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

The music has always made horror what it is. Without a decent soundtrack it just become Comedy.
            To be the best takes time
            Time to be the best takes Skill.

Main -Dark Avenger all the way since it's inception.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormcrowe View Post
              The music has always made horror what it is. Without a decent soundtrack it just become Comedy.
              Yeah i have no doubt that the music makes it great but that's not what I'm trying to say. So like.. for example... If there's a woman going up the stairs to the attic right? There's usually some build up music right up to the part where the monster or thing pops out and either kills her, abducts her, etc. Now, IMO if they kept it kind of quiet when she's going up the stairs and looking around and all you can hear is the sounds of her breathing and the sounds of her feet and stuff... it would make it that more intense when the thing pops out all crazy. Once it pops out, hell yeah, blast that scary music. XD Idk, just my opinion.

Heron
              I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyOverAll View Post

Going to have to check that one out. <3
                It's on netflix!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPowder View Post

It's on netflix!
                  WHAT?! I'M going to watch it right now then! XD while i'm at work lel

Heron
                  I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyOverAll View Post

Yeah i have no doubt that the music makes it great but that's not what I'm trying to say. So like.. for example... If there's a woman going up the stairs to the attic right? There's usually some build up music right up to the part where the monster or thing pops out and either kills her, abducts her, etc. Now, IMO if they kept it kind of quiet when she's going up the stairs and looking around and all you can hear is the sounds of her breathing and the sounds of her feet and stuff... it would make it that more intense when the thing pops out all crazy. Once it pops out, hell yeah, blast that scary music. XD Idk, just my opinion.
                    If a movie isn't scary when it's muted, then the movie probably is a crappy horror movie. Most of the terrible horror movies rely on a ominous soundtrack and loud noises to scare you.

Comment

Working...
                    X