Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon has punished ash and pikachu

so anyone wanna try to explain this mess lol

new art staff... they are trying to use Yokai Watch's style because Yokai Watch is their biggest competitor.
    IGN: LunarForce

Comment

• SSVK
      SSVK commented
      Editing a comment
      this fits more then with Yokai Watch, the other pokemon don't look like a mess, but ash, Pikachu, and the rest...
      idk about this

Is that a pokemon professor dressed like a doctor at a college halloween party?

Comment

T-Those insolent f-fools!!

Comment

I hate how they're trying to copy what clearly won't work. This season of XYZ was by far the best in terms of animation and maybe even story.

It's safe to say Pokemon will take a casual route where Ash is a retard when it comes to everything, especially battling.

Comment

I MISS FAT PIKACHU!

Looky here at this little chicken nugget

also... what's wrong with the Ash in the picture? He's just doing the Mega move dance

Comment

Originally posted by LunarForce View Post
            new art staff... they are trying to use Yokai Watch's style because Yokai Watch is their biggest competitor.
            Man what? -_-

Comment

Originally posted by DragonOverCannon View Post

Man what? -_-
              LunarForce is right. Pokemon is copying Yokai watch's style at least in the terms of ash and Pikachu to please the younger audience whom apparently are more into Yokai watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrache View Post

LunarForce is right. Pokemon is copying Yokai watch's style at least in the terms of ash and Pikachu to please the younger audience whom apparently are more into Yokai watch.
                Its not that I don't disagree--its the fact that its true. I kinda hate that.

Comment

Sure the younger audience matters, but what about the older ones? There needs to be a balance. The change was so unnecessary.
                  Last edited by DragonOverCannon; 10-03-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I just saw my sister watching Yokai Watch and can proudly proclaim that stuff is cancer. Bunch of weird ghosties haunting people. Vegetable ghosts possessing the main character so that he dances. Tf is this e.e

Edit: Found them

Last edited by Contemporary; 10-02-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Pokemon losing ratings.

XYZ too serious.

Ash lost finals.

Pokemon meant for 10 year olds.

Time to regress Ash to that state again.

woops.

there goes continuity :^)
                      Dragoon
                      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                        Pokemon losing ratings.

XYZ too serious.

Ash lost finals.

Pokemon meant for 10 year olds.

Time to regress Ash to that state again.

woops.

there goes continuity :^)
                        So considering its their fault that Ash loses the league, they try to use another's art style to get back on track..? Pretty damn sad.

Hell, i'd prefer this one any day over that monstrosity. I wonder if they know--that there needs to be a balance between younger viewers and the old ones.

Comment

Why is SM female flat-looking?

Comment

It's a rule of thumb that in anime, episodes are animated at least 6 months before their air date. This was probably planned long before Kalos League hype. Pokemon Sun & Moon (games) completely redefined what Pokemon is, since they're moving away from the traditional League & Gym formats.

Anyways, I really doubt that was the reason though, considering XY&Z had among the best western ratings in a long while. Anyways, the change in animation could very well be a business decision to go with a different animation studio. I believe the same animation studio that is animating Pokemon right now is the same ones doing "Generations" though.
                            Dragoon
                            TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Working...
                            X