Returning player wondering about changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning player wondering about changes

Good day Alterans, I am a returning player who has lost all of his progress due to Eyedentity's small attempt to warn players about the previous merge/changeover. As such I am starting over from square one and am wondering if any heavy players can help me understand the changes they have made to the game primarily in the case of cut content.

In my travels i have noticed very little talk of sea/green/desert/black dragon nests and find the gear is no longer craft-able. The portal by the statue no longer allows access to those under lvl 90. Have those nests disappeared?

The Terminus gateway, primarily the gate of darkness, seems to offer nothing now whereas i use to have many a runs in that area. Was it shutdown?

Commission boards were cut but the boards still remain standing. if you are to cut their use, why not just get rid of the boards entirely?

Dungeon completion has changed from the letter grade ranking to star ranking which seems to have resulted in the deletion of quite a few achievements involving rankings as well as situational achievements involving dungeons or perhaps have those just become hidden and appear once their hidden requirements have been met?

Overall, it feels like the game has foregone many of the utilities available to lower levels in order to cow-tow to end-game content. Was this due to server space being unable to handle all the new content and forcing them to cut old or was it some other motive altogether. I am just hoping for some conclusion to these problems that have been nagging me since i rejoined the community almost a week ago.

If there are any other changes i have missed and think it is important i should be aware of, then please make me aware of them so i can be fully prepared for my journey across Altera.

Take your time. Enjoy the game. The lore is still there in pieces. - And then go kick ass in eq pvp. Raiding has made our community toxic as hell, and as a twist of things, id argue the pvp community is actually far less toxic than what Eye turned PvE into since the transfer. That said, doing the raid process AS INTENDED, with a group of guildees you love and trust is truly always a fun experience, frustrating, and rewarding. I've only cleared a few real raid runs over my years, but i've never been accepted any carry into anything relevant. Pride > gear.
    Careful about joining a guild and taking everything they say to heart. There are multiple people who like to destory our community by joining small guilds stealing their extremeness valuable items at low costs, deleting their char and transferring it to main. Scum.

In any case, *_* Join us

Also, here's spoilers for 80 cap lore.

I figure if you like my video, you should give it a proper chance =] also feel free to add my discord on my signature- it's simply faster and easier to ask any rapid questions in succession should you have them going forward m8. Im your guy.

And lastly, do not forget our community discord, the questions channel usually has your back as well, and you can enjoy the community there in the shape we've been able to hold it in. I can not emphasize enough the discord community is the best way to experience the community outside the smaller guild ones on the side.

https://discord.gg/dncd <- link to the server, looking forward to it
    Last edited by ZepIic; 10-29-2017, 10:13 PM.
    6 Year Veteran & Community Leader
    -------------------------------------------------

"
    Being skilled isn't all that it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream." - Zhi Guan

Official DN+ Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCes...rh93rWGd2kiLfg

Paladin PVP Builds:
    http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...din-pvp-builds

Feel Free to drop a PM anytime
    Discord: Zeplic#8241

Comment

Thank you for your response but you answered none of my questions and merely attempted to steer me past them. It's not lore that I am worried about, just wondering what happened to the content.

Comment

Basically it’s an overall mmo trend to make leveling easy and steer content towards endgame, and dn unfortunately lost a lot of its old charm to make content more “casual.” But anyway devs seem to be making things that are in a similar vein to old content (dragon expedition has been replaced by dark banquet, etc)

and they bring back the old nests with.. different and easier mechs

you may see the old raids if the devs bring back dragon hunting events but everything from Bdn past doesn’t exist as 8 man. There are new 4 man versions of sdn and ddn but again, they’re 4 man and a shadow of the 8 man versions.

itonically enough if you play defensio or silver hunter you can phase through some invisible walls and access the sand worm and golem in ddn 4 man which are supposed to be removed... lol

basically the rest of the players are just as confused as you are; we don’t know why the devs cut content and try to redo them instead of just tweaking the numbers on the old stuff, but they did

ive heard rumors of internal company issues and a lot of the old dev team quit when they got a new boss, so my theory is that the new dev team is trying to one-up the original “vision” of the game and do things their way (90 cap, aka T5, aka triple R, was when all the old nests got removed, overhauled buff system, added indicators to attacks), or maybe it’s more innocent and the new staff didn’t understand how the game should be designed and simply did what they were told, but anyway now they’re finding ppl liked the original vision better and have to try to bring back some of the old flavor (they added indicators to attacks, but 95 volcano nest hell mode, originally an 80 cap nest, doesn’t have the indicators?)
        Last edited by ceruulean; 10-30-2017, 11:00 AM.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Thanks. That answered my question perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X