I'm Sick and Tired of Pay to Win Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sick and Tired of Pay to Win Events

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of these stupid event monthly that basically asking you to save around 300-500$ monthly on this game.

too many ppl here spend and dont care that it killing the game

all ppl that hate these event already quit

there like 3 spend event right now lol
    Last edited by milktoast22; 02-21-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I'm sad that they're taking the quick and lazy path of getting our money like many other crappy games do.. Dragon Nest is a great game that is quickly dying due to Devs' greed.

Comment

Same. In the beginning I didn't care, because it didn't always impact stats so heavily. I mean I even did a spending event in the nexon days for some cosmetics so i'm not without blame in showing that people will buy pixels.
        However now these spending "events" are normal and it's almost required now to have some cash stuff.

(and you still can't sell or server storage half the stuff...)
        IGN(s): Arcadia, Ray Mech (Main)
        Briala, Tempest
        Mijirn, Physician

Comment

Solution: don't participate in these events then.

I don't think you all are even really thinking this through other than just seeing "$300" and then going straight to the forums to complain.

The Gerrant earrings have NO STATS. All they have is an extra offensive gems slot. You have to compare the stats of a (Refined) Gen Earring to the stats of a 95u Offensive. For me (though this is before the 9k bonus damage), it's only a decent upgrade (a couple or a few % boost) if I get an FD gem. Though, if you have a 3rd 95L offensive, it is a pretty significant boost, but none of you do anyways, so that's not really relevant.

You don't even need to participate in the event to profit from it. Everyone that does will be adding 10 Ascension Cubes, and 6 U gems to the market. Hopefully, this means that Ascension cubes will drop from 65k, and decent U gems from 80k+. Obtaining legitimate L gems becomes slightly more feasible.

Both Conversion vs Musketeer and now Gerrant vs Refined Gen are <5% dps upgrades. This is only really relevant if you were planning to be the main DPS on a first clear GDN/FDN team, which none of you are.

Stop participating in events if you don't like them! It's as simple as that. Play the game at your own pace.

Comment

• schultzaur
            schultzaur commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right, it does say that. It looks like a copy paste error for the promotional image from the Lencea Awakening event. I still don't believe that it's getting removed, but it would be good to get clarification from a GM. I'll tag them in a separate post because you can't do it in nested comments.

edit: Post is unapproved, since I linked the page (external link even though it's from the same top level domain :^(), but I tagged Nest and Lime.
            Last edited by schultzaur; 02-21-2018, 02:56 PM.

• ZeroZX
            ZeroZX commented
            Editing a comment
            The thing about Voting with my money is that it doesn't stop the very few people that do. I think the person who paid end up with 100 vote compare to person who doesn't spend on this game monthly.

• schultzaur
            schultzaur commented
            Editing a comment
            @lightbreaker

Nest confirmed down below that DB is staying.

Nest Lime

The promotional image for Dark Banquet/Everyone's Banquet on the US Dragon Nest homepage displays an end date of 2/22. SEA's analagous promotional image has no end date, and my understanding was that DB was here to stay.

Could you confirm whether or not it is staying?

http://images-us.dragonnest.com/cms/...3520586069.jpg

Thanks!

Comment

• Nest
            Nest commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello schultzaur, sorry for making you confused! Everyone's Banquet/Dark Banquet policy would be the same as SEA. There should be no end date on the image.

Thank you for reporting!

Best,
            GM Nest

• schultzaur
            schultzaur commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Nest!

Well it's kind of lame cause they slapped p2w events consecutively

They already have an event for clearing gn and vn

just the game is super boring that it's not worth investing in. Sad but true. Gdn is catered to hardcore grinders and whales so unless u can break this gear ceiling you're basically stuck grinding vn and gn for another 6 months. Lol.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Thank you Eyedentity for this INCREDIBLE event. These beautiful Gerraint Earrings will go well with my newly crafted Legendary Grade Dragon Gems with Final Damage.

With the additional cubes to further refine my third set of Genesis Accessories I feel like I have ascended to new heights. A euphoric feeling generated by the act of spending on this truly amazing game.

The money I and countless others have spent has made the server that much better with less disconnects and better response time. Truly a wonderful event.

I feel blessed.
            Last edited by RichGoldBuyer; 02-21-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

idm cash grab events if it's every now and then but lol the amount we've had is ridic

most of the f2p "events" are just exp boost/really trash or stuff that's already from other servers. make real events that isn't obtained by spending $$$. i highly doubt they will listen to complaints though considering they pretty much ignored every other complaint/criticism
              Last edited by ‬‬‬; 02-22-2018, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile, I envy you guys. Whishing this event to to SEA.
                zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• ZeroZX
                  ZeroZX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why would you wish for this event in Sea?

• zArAthena
                  zArAthena commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I want that Earring. The jade mats also nice, will help crafting L jade easier.

that's why I only login for DNP daily.

get the DNP > get the mercenary box > close the game.

I already have 27k DNP coupon just doing this. lol
                I miss events like musician costume (180 coins for full set).

the game needs more events like this to make people be more active in the game..

Comment

anyone selling op account?

Comment

• RubyArt
                    RubyArt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For a few thousand dollars....

PS:im kidding, but account selling and buying are violations of terms

Usually not the one to give many s**ts, but come on.. DN KR got the earring/necklace for free as an event gift... but we have to pay $300 for ours? Really?

Comment

We barely had any sort of real great event before, be it p2w or f2p. They are getting better over the months to be honest... For those that say they don'T listen to criticism : Look at what we can sell on the MP now. It's not retroactive but we can finally sell our future extras. We have permanent Daily DNP even when they tried to shut it down because we asked them to.

Since we have free DNP, they are technically losing profit, gotta get the money elsewhere. People saving up can buy a costume and other small accessories anytime insteand of buying ET/EC
                    Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
                    IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

• ZeroZX
                      ZeroZX commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can see your point but here the thing Daily DNP for me they can take it back if they gave us something good in return. Retroactive Cash gear in MP sound pretty solid to me I'll rather take that then daily DNP. Another thing I would rather have then DNP daily Eyes Total Coupon in MP(Basically legit EC selling in MP) that would get rid of some gold bot need.

Maybe if they made it so that we want to spend money onto this way rather then just forcing these event down for fast cash grab. We wouldn't have many issue in this game and it would be flowing with many player to come. Oh and maybe actually doing what they said they would do. Karma Contract would be one of them.
                      Last edited by ZeroZX; 02-23-2018, 05:19 PM.
                  Working...
                  X