Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the "Mentor" function

Hi!

I recently started playing DN, and have a Lv. 20-something Machina, and my Lv. 76 Dragoon friend is offering to mentor me.
    However, when they go to invite me as a mentor, the box is grayed out. We vaguely know how the mentor-pupil system works, but I'm not able to find any definitive sources that explain how the system works exactly.
    They don't have any apprentices.
    Is there a quest they have to complete in order to take apprentices?

Any help or information would be appreciated.
    Thank you

i think its because you would need to be at least lvl 90 to be a mentor nowadays

Comment

• Nexus
      Nexus commented
      Editing a comment
      93, because pupils graduate at lvl 90 now

• Panpeito
      Panpeito commented
      Editing a comment
      0-0 thats a surprise, earlier i was on the mentor list looking for mentors and i saw a lvl 91 on there as a mentor. probably was an oddity then, since pupils really do graduate at 90

you have to be at least lv10 to be able to have a mentor

you can only be mentored by people who are max lvl

up reaching each caps lv, you will gifts (lv24, 32, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90)

I heard you dont receive gifts at 24 or 32 anymore though but im not entirely sure

you graduate when you reach the previous caps lvl, so for example, in 70 cap, pupils graduated at lv60, at the current cap of lv93, pupils now graduate at lv90

mentors earn respect points from doing content with pupils

the more respect points a mentor has, the higher up in the mentor list they are displayed. basically shows that they are a good mentor who helps pupils

sadly mentors dont earn respect points from pupils after they reach lv60

the lower the lvl of the pupii, the more respect points a mentor earns per dungeon or content clear

mentors cannot receive multi respect points from doing content with multiple pupils. a lvl 10 pupil will give a mentor 15 respect points for clearing a dungeon, if the mentor had 3 pupils in the party, they will still only earn 15 respect points per dungeon clear, not 45

think i need to make a thread about this
    Discord: Sir_Nexus#5463
    LK: NexusDragon
    LK: Chapters
    LK: NexusReborn
    AH: Master
    BM: Colourful
    Saint: NexusRaiju
    Saint: NexusAtlas
    Saint: Depths
    BD: NexusUri
    Barb: NexusBehemth
    IW: NexusYuki
    DA: NexusFyre
    GM: NexusRobot
    Sniper: NexusGaia

Reaper: NexusPhoenix
    RM: Marshmallow
    Tink: Squishu
    Valk: NexusAura
    Patrona: NexusAyva
    Hunter: NexusAngel
    OE: TheGoddess
    BP: HeavyHeart

Comment

• ILLbeURdeath
      ILLbeURdeath commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I'm getting the usual will shards now at 40 and up but so far nothing at 24/32, would make sense since 80 cap rewards are junk now.

Originally posted by Nexus View Post
    93, because pupils graduate at lvl 90 now
    Why make a forum post when you seem to not know the right info yourself. You can mentor at lv. 90.

Comment

• Nexus
      Nexus commented
      Editing a comment
      lol okay, you could have simply corrected me and left out that first sentence...

Thank you Nexus and Panpeito for your answers!

The explanation about "Respect Points" is greatly appreciated as well.
    I really wish they had an explanation for all of this on the actual website in the format of a guide or something, but it's nice knowing that the forum community is mostly positive and provides quick and thorough answers

Comment

Working...
    X