Dark Classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Classes?

Hi so im new to the game and notice Avenger under the dark classes option.. what is that for what are the benefits of dark class and are they forever or temporary?

Avenger is another warrior sub-class, does the same like a warrior but your 3th class is Avenger. I dont see any real benefit, its not stronger than galurator and barely anyone use it. Also it will be harder to find Avenger gear since people are not selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by firecat View Post
      Also it will be harder to find Avenger gear since people are not selling them.
      warrior gear is everywhere, fire gems are cheap and skill crests are only 10 auras a pop.
      ass penis

Comment

Okay I understand, im a Valkyrie lvl 53 so im not very familiar with many things. Just wondered if it was even worth starting a temporary class as a new player or focus on a regular class. Thanks.

Comment

Dark classes all have a transformation skill, these skills allows you to transform into a different version and make it so your basic skills will be instantly casted as well as giving you long air times. Dark avenger can spam tumble with no cd and has a lot of aoe CC skills.

Casting silver hunter skills in the air during transformation will allow the badic skills to be instantly casted and allows you to stay in the air for a moderate amount of time.

They also have some unique passives you can pick, some are really good like DA can get 15% crit in DA form, extra fire or final damage, and silverhunter can have 5 seconds of invincibility upon transforming.

in general
          pros:
          -unique playstyles thats built upon the basic class
          -can stay in transformation mode permanently if stacked right
          -both have huge aoes and are great for soloing
          -easy combos
          -great in pvp if you mastered the combos
          -both have good airtimes and wont have to worrying about jumping ever in a nest
          -you can pick your passive skills to fit the build you want
          -transforming greatly reduces the cd of your basic skills

cons:
          -weaker than other subs atm due to no awakening (non planned atm)
          -more expensive to gear if you want to make the best out of your passives
          -considerably weaker earlier levels due to the lack and sustain of transformation
          -can not stay in transformation if there is nothing for you to hit
          -one line of skills (you could look at this is a pro and a con, they have less skills than other classes but on a much shorter cd so you can dump all your points to those and max it out and just spam rotations)

Comment

Originally posted by Colourfulsky View Post
            Dark classes all have a transformation skill, these skills allows you to transform into a different version and make it so your basic skills will be instantly casted as well as giving you long air times. Dark avenger can spam tumble with no cd and has a lot of aoe CC skills.

Casting silver hunter skills in the air during transformation will allow the badic skills to be instantly casted and allows you to stay in the air for a moderate amount of time.

They also have some unique passives you can pick, some are really good like DA can get 15% crit in DA form, extra fire or final damage, and silverhunter can have 5 seconds of invincibility upon transforming.

in general
            pros:
            -unique playstyles thats built upon the basic class
            -can stay in transformation mode permanently if stacked right
            -both have huge aoes and are great for soloing
            -easy combos
            -great in pvp if you mastered the combos
            -both have good airtimes and wont have to worrying about jumping ever in a nest
            -you can pick your passive skills to fit the build you want
            -transforming greatly reduces the cd of your basic skills

cons:
            -weaker than other subs atm due to no awakening (non planned atm)
            -more expensive to gear if you want to make the best out of your passives
            -considerably weaker earlier levels due to the lack and sustain of transformation
            -can not stay in transformation if there is nothing for you to hit
            -one line of skills (you could look at this is a pro and a con, they have less skills than other classes but on a much shorter cd so you can dump all your points to those and max it out and just spam rotations)
            Very informative thanks! Also regarding awakening does every class have it? and can you use it in pvp?

Comment

Originally posted by player7894 View Post

Very informative thanks! Also regarding awakening does every class have it? and can you use it in pvp?
              Currently, only the mainline Warrior, Archer, and Sorceress classes have awakening skills right now. Tinkerer and Cleric awakening skills will be coming later on, but dark classes will never get awakening (though I think there was mention that ED would try to find a way to help dark classes be on par with awakened classes, considering they were meant to be classes with a limited creation time (whereas our version so far has Dark Avenger and Silver Hunter as permanent classes)).

Also, unless buff wipes have been done away with entirely, I'm pretty sure people still use the 5 sec cooldown passive (which still gives +5% crit, iirc) for Dark Avenger, though correct me if I'm wrong on this one (haven't played on my DA in a while nor reset skills for him, so I've still got the 5 sec cd passive). The Silver Hunter transformation passive choice, on the other hand, depends on if you want to have a brief invincibility period every time you transform, or if you want to reduce the transformation skill's base cooldown to minimize down time for your transformation. Either way, a cooldown plate for Silver Hunter's transformation goes a long way.

Comment

• player7894
                player7894 commented
                Editing a comment
                So warrior,archer and sorceress are the top tier for pvp?

• BowieSage
                BowieSage commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't really say for PvP, since I don't do that regularly, but yes and no in the case of PvE. The specializations for those three have been given some much-needed boosts with awakening, but a few of them require a significant change in playstyle for optimal output (for example, pre-awakening Sniper requires a proper rotation of skills to utilize Windshot to maximum potential, but Sniper Awakening will require you to make heavy use of Siege Stance to take advantage of the passives). And classes like Raven are still pretty strong even without it.

Originally posted by BowieSage View Post

Currently, only the mainline Warrior, Archer, and Sorceress classes have awakening skills right now. Tinkerer and Cleric awakening skills will be coming later on, but dark classes will never get awakening (though I think there was mention that ED would try to find a way to help dark classes be on par with awakened classes, considering they were meant to be classes with a limited creation time (whereas our version so far has Dark Avenger and Silver Hunter as permanent classes)).

Also, unless buff wipes have been done away with entirely, I'm pretty sure people still use the 5 sec cooldown passive (which still gives +5% crit, iirc) for Dark Avenger, though correct me if I'm wrong on this one (haven't played on my DA in a while nor reset skills for him, so I've still got the 5 sec cd passive). The Silver Hunter transformation passive choice, on the other hand, depends on if you want to have a brief invincibility period every time you transform, or if you want to reduce the transformation skill's base cooldown to minimize down time for your transformation. Either way, a cooldown plate for Silver Hunter's transformation goes a long way.
              so if some classes have awakening isint that a disadvantage in pvp? wouldn't everyone be choosing the classes that have awakening skills to be more powerful and run dungeons faster?

Comment

Originally posted by player7894 View Post

so if some classes have awakening isint that a disadvantage in pvp? wouldn't everyone be choosing the classes that have awakening skills to be more powerful and run dungeons faster?
                its true the awakened classes do well in pvp, but there are still classes that are strong as awakened classes, and some people just do not want to play an archer, warrior, or sorceress. Most dungeons now are not difficult so every class can clear them easily, so thats not an issue.

Comment

• BowieSage
                  BowieSage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This. I know at the very least that Raven is still a pretty strong class, despite not having awakening skills yet. And a couple other classes aren't that far behind either. A couple classes are unfortunately a lost cause right now without awakening, though.

haha guys im a new player and started off with valk. they don't have an awakening so im guessing the best route is to choose a class with awakening so that I could get full experience of the game! thanks for all the replies I understand new awakening classes will be showing up on the patch soon, although i do not know when it will come out for each class.... therefore ive decided to put the valk on rest now because i am looking forward to pvp!

Comment

• BowieSage
                  BowieSage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd honestly suggest still playing a Valkyrie unless you don't really like the class. I recently leveled a Gear Master (whose turrets weren't working last patch), and I decided to work on a Crusader as my Chronicles character, and neither have their awakening yet. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record here, Ravens are still viable (as has always been the case with Assassin ever since its release: at least one specialization has been end-game viable). You're still getting the full experience even if you're not playing an Awakened class. It's just that the Awakened classes have been given changes they've (mostly) desperately needed to stay viable (everyone knows that Acrobats were facing some hard times during 90 cap after they lost party-focused Spirit Boost, simply because their damage potential was severely lacking). Unless new information has come up for the other servers, any class Kali and later hasn't yet received awakening skills, so your Valkyrie might be waiting a long time before she gets an Awakening. Furthermore, awakened classes sometimes require a significant adjustment to playstyle, so you might as well use her and learn how her skills work at the current time so that you can be ready for that shift and plan accordingly.

Of course, most of this is speaking from a PvE perspective, but I'm sure some of it also applies to PvP (in the case of playstyle change, at least. Pretty sure Awakened Lunar Knight plays a LOT differently in PvP than pre-awakened Lunar Knight, especially if you want to utilize the more useful skills).
                  Last edited by BowieSage; 10-29-2016, 03:05 PM.

• player7894
                  player7894 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I played Valkyrie till lvl 85. so for future purposes ill keep her at that lvl. I got a little adjusted more to the items and map so i now lvl my warrior faster. Which im turning into a LK as my deciding class to play. they seem fun,strong and have good DPS! Also a easy class to practice MMORPG since this is my first!
              Working...
              X