Saleana or Elestra or Smasher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saleana or Elestra or Smasher?

Hello, I'm John Cheng. I was wondering which of these 3 has the easiest time of being able to deal the most damage? I understand at the end of the day, gear plays a large part, but a even greater part is if one can fully use a character to it's max capabilities. Taking into account just average game play mechanics, just using normal +10 theano gear/90 crest/90 talisman, just your very average gear. Who does the most amount of damage? From what I was told, Saleana was Tier 1, while Elestra and Smasher are Tier 1.5, but I wanted some insight and what people who mains these classes think. Thanks a lot!

While Selena has high DPS... Elestra is able to not only DPS but maintain ice which can help increase your DPS and bypass mechanics.
    Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Honestly all sorcs are VERY similar in terms of DPS, it's mostly situation Dependant.

In General :

Mobile boss means Pyro = Chaos Mage > IW = WM
      Immobile boss : WM = IW > Pyro = Chaos Mage

Overral, Pyro tend to have it easier to DPS when you know what you're doing (Pyro has the advantage to have the time to read the situation before acting and still DPS a ton).

War Mage is the most versatile since you have two rotations possible depending of the size of the DPS window (Immobile boss being the best rotation), probably the hardest to play of the 4.

Ice Witch is the easiest to play and will have the only Stacking Debuff with Screamers (as well as being naturally tanky thanks to a passive and Ice Barrier spam), Also tend to destroy FPS, prettiest spell effects too. Very appreciated in all teams and pugs !

Chaos Mage, can't say much, but if you love setting up a nuke spell, you would love that more. Damage is less consistent than Pyro, but Gravity Switch is still a nuke when geared alongside their new spell.

Probably doesn'T help much... but I will add one last thing : Every Elemental Sorc main can alt War Mage Easily thanks to elemental conversion gems that permits a War Mage to have the element of your main... So you can switch Weapons + Armor around and the rest is easy to catch up You can even switch accessories if you don't use techniques.
      Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
      IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

I always wonder when you guys make statements regarding equal DPS or similar DPS depending on situation, did you actually do testing or just making an assumption.
        Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

• Axxon
          Axxon commented
          Editing a comment
          Tested with similar geared boyfriend for IW for a while. When he gotbetter gear than me : the moment a boss moves too much like TKN, I beat him, while he instantly beats me in any DDN. Also Tested for WM on my side and it's consistent with what others are saying so I trust the experienced Chaos Mage players for the last class I can't test out yet (their nuke potential is gigantic too on paper, but bugged)

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post
        While Selena has high DPS... Elestra is able to not only DPS but maintain ice which can help increase your DPS and bypass mechanics.
        Are both their DPS close? Considering most real situations where you will have to dodge and DPS at the same time? If their not close in DPS, just how far off are they? And what do you think of Smashers? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by JopheeseLigran View Post

Are both their DPS close? Considering most real situations where you will have to dodge and DPS at the same time? If their not close in DPS, just how far off are they? And what do you think of Smashers? Thanks a lot!
          I already answered for how close they are in DPS... As for DPS'ing at the same time as dodging, Pyromancer wins hand down for that But IW can facetank a bit more (Ice barrier and +10% dmg reduction through passive)
          Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
          IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

War Mage:
            • Most balanced Sorc class at the moment in PvE in terms of having a stable Offense and Defense
            • Easiest time maintaining high dps, due to really good DMG/CT values, Low CD on FF for insurance, good range on dps skills.
            • WMs have the best skill values among the Sorcs, but is still able to be out nuked by CMs and Pyros, which makes this class fair, so it's really strong, just not broken (NA got nerfed lv93 WM)

Pyromancer:
            • Deals the most explosive burst dps for Sorcs in the shortest amount of time (which is what puts it ahead in Raids)
            • Everything hits hard (like a real dps class) which is what makes Pyros scale so hard with endgame gear
            • Able to blink-cancel over half their dps skills, plus the Fire Tree has higher SA than both the Laser/Ice tree
            • Even though this class doesn't have a built-in CD reduction mechanic, their moderate CDs only become an issue if your party has low dps.

Ice Witch:
            • Still dependent on debuffs to deal serious damage
            • Has the lowest practical output between Pyro and WM, due to the inherent flaws in the Ice Tree, but can keep up if experienced (depends IW aggression)
            • Has to respect boss mechanics more than WMs, which is what causes IWs damage to drop
            • Requires the most knowledge of boss mechanics to maintain high dps due to combat proximity/naturally low SA on Ice skills/lack of iframes for a class being in melee range
            • Has the most micro-management requirement out of all Sorcs

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
            Last edited by iCerulean; 10-26-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

pick the hottest one.

Comment

I pYNEsd all 4 sorcery classes even the special one coming out Shadow Shaman in DN beta invite test invent

right now

Chronomancer > Demonic Summoner > Swamp Warlock > Battle Magician

Chronomancer has the most utility and the strongest burst which make it the best by far right now

Comment

Chaos Mage honestly has the highest potential dps, but because your main source of dmg is on a 4 second cooldown, a single mech can severely reduce your total output. In a non-raid setting with just pure rotation/skill spamming, a CM will out dps any other sorceress, its just in reality while nesting you will be constantly interrupted by mechs making our dps one of the lowest in practice (unless highly skilled and able to almost predict every mech before it happens).

As a whole, the class is a balance between spamming your orb skills (Gravity Blast/Triple Orbs), maintaining your debuffs (Force Mirror/Gravity Crush), and using your main nuke (Gravity Well) whenever possible. Your awakening skills make use of the ghost orbs left behind by the orb skills, but Focus Gravity which is easily the highest nuke skill a CM has, misses constantly due to faulty coding in the game. :/

It's a really fun and fast and the gameplay keeps you on your toes because there is always something to do, but can be very challenging in raid settings making the class quite frustrating at times.

In the end my best advice when it comes to sorcs is that they're all honestly awesome. Pick the one you think looks the prettiest lol. I chose CM because I love space magic, simple as that. And over time I've grown to love the gameplay but that came afterwards.
                  http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

Working...
                  X