Already need Forum Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyOverAll View Post

Do you mind going to my Forum Suggestions post of this and posting that there? I want to submit a list to eyedentity of people who would be willing to help. Was also posted by myself.

Thanks.
    Posted! Thank you for bringing it up.
    Guild Master of FluffyTail
    Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Hostage View Post
      Hopefully they introduce an application process or something neat.
      That's a great idea! Should post that on the forum suggestion section and see if we can get you noticed with that idea. :3

Heron
      Inadvertently Offensive Bear..
      Some of you really piss me off!
      Scratch my back and I'll love you forever..
      I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly
      Voice Acting Profile https://www.castingcall.club/m/joe%20the%20villain

Comment

I dunno. Personally I'd prefer it if they have their own people moderate the forums rather than getting players to volunteer. Removes any sort of biased judgement calls that way.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyOverAll View Post

That's a great idea! Should post that on the forum suggestion section and see if we can get you noticed with that idea. :3
          I think you should add it to your post, or I can leave a reply with the suggestion.

Hostage
          Fashion Nest Ambassador
          PvE Failure || TheCatsEye

Comment

I need a big phat cock in me right now
            https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1K9j...requested=true

Comment

Originally posted by Tortellini View Post
              I dunno. Personally I'd prefer it if they have their own people moderate the forums rather than getting players to volunteer. Removes any sort of biased judgement calls that way.
              They did this on the FFXIV forums and it works wonders, basically anything that is against ToS for the forums is removed almost immediately. I'd be down for that.

Hostage
              Fashion Nest Ambassador

Comment

I dunno. Personally I'd prefer it if they have their own people moderate the forums rather than getting players to volunteer. Removes any sort of bias judgement calls that way.
                This is true. There are some people like myself who have moderated forums for other games. Most company have a set of rules and guidelines that you base your moderation off of. Usually it is either very in depth or very vague. Fiesta Online had a somewhat decent one and S4 league had a very vague one. Hopefully, if they do have their own moderators out of the company, we won't have to get involved. If they don't, we should be prepared to take that position for the good of the community. XD That's just my opinion.

Heron
                I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

Originally posted by Hostage View Post

They did this on the FFXIV forums and it works wonders, basically anything that is against ToS for the forums is removed almost immediately. I'd be down for that.
                  Yeah, this is what i meant. <3

Heron
                  I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

Agreed.

Unfortunately our past moderators were too biased and involved with forum/community drama. The unprofessional behavior and inability to assess each situation fairly led to the downfall of NA forums. What's worse is when forum moderators get involved in arguments and then delete posts or threads from other players to make themselves look better when corrected.

I'd much rather see ED have their own moderators. Unfortunately this small community is all too connected so being unbiased may pose much difficulty for any individual.
                    Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post

Agreed.

Unfortunately our past moderators were too biased and involved with forum/community drama. The unprofessional behavior and inability to assess each situation fairly led to the downfall of NA forums. What's worse is when forum moderators get involved in arguments and then delete posts or threads from other players to make themselves look better when corrected.

I'd much rather see ED have their own moderators. Unfortunately this small community is all too connected so being unbiased may pose much difficulty for any individual.
                      A very valid point.

Heron
                      I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

I do think it's unfair to throw all moderators under the bus, there were good volunteers who offered really good ideas and support on the forums. BUT it is true that the cons did out way the pros with having player based moderators.

Hostage
                        Fashion Nest Ambassador

Comment

I've seen some (not to name a few) Nexon mods/volunteers attempt to offer rational input in toxic threads in the past. No no no, lock the threads.

My prayers go out to you ED that the trolls do not overwhelm you to give up on the forums, like Nexon did.
                          Last edited by Alphexis; 09-23-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah its just the first day, they'll probably get some mods/volunteer mods when the games is up and smooth.

Comment

This forum is new but currently it can use;
                              -Email Verification(yes recycable emails work here)
                              -Moderators(Self explanatory)
                              -Rules/list/guidlines

It has a long way to go and not even 48 hours later trouble makers are running amock on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmike View Post
                                This forum is new but currently it can use;
                                -Email Verification(yes recycable emails work here)
                                -Moderators(Self explanatory)
                                -Rules/list/guidlines

It has a long way to go and not even 48 hours later trouble makers are running amock on these forums.
                                This is the main reason I even started this thread. Immediately, the toxicity started. It's like.. come on.. Please?

Heron
                                I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

Working...
                                X