Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks the Game is dead or dying and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks the Game is dead or dying and why?

^What it says on the title. To me, the game is dead simple cause I can't play it. Dumb errors prevent me from logging in and I now firmly believe it's because of their stupid zip folders that never perfectly unzip and therefore files needed to install the game are lost. Gone through three different programs trying to unzip the install files, but with no success.

What about you guys? If you think it's dead or it's dead to you, why?

Feelsbadman

Wish I could help.

Comment

what programs did you use? and were the files in one part or multiple parts?

Comment

I can understand.
        DN only worked on my laptop after I xferred pre-transfer DN files from my PC.
        The zip downloads on the main website simply didn't extract properly.

I've never done it, but maybe give steam a shot?
        Wafia - Flurry
        Wang - Guardian

discord: wangos#9761

Comment

I already helped another player on the forums by uploading my own working file for the particular file that was broken. (All I did was download the zip file, unzip it myself, and upload the individual file the player needed.)

First, if you can use Steam, that'll probably be easiest, since there's no unzipping needed there..

If you can't, then if you can tell us what file(s) are acting up, I (or someone else) can try uploading a working version of the file for you to get.

If you can't do that either, then I can try uploading all the game's files for you, but there's no way I'll be able to finish uploading all the files until probably ~14 hours from now, assuming everything goes well (I'm on crappy internet atm, and I have a flight to take in about 8 hours.)
          ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Originally posted by ITinkALot View Post
            ^What it says on the title. To me, the game is dead simple cause I can't play it. Dumb errors prevent me from logging in and I now firmly believe it's because of their stupid zip folders that never perfectly unzip and therefore files needed to install the game are lost. Gone through three different programs trying to unzip the install files, but with no success.

What about you guys? If you think it's dead or it's dead to you, why?
            steam is a thing, dunno why people refuse to use it
            IGN: SupportYou

Class: Chaos Mage

Discord: Yujin#3298

Comment

Originally posted by Some Asian Guy View Post

steam is a thing, dunno why people refuse to use it
              For some people, they can't.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/su...e-expand-steam

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Originally posted by Orona View Post
                I already helped another player on the forums by uploading my own working file for the particular file that was broken. (All I did was download the zip file, unzip it myself, and upload the individual file the player needed.)

First, if you can use Steam, that'll probably be easiest, since there's no unzipping needed there..

If you can't, then if you can tell us what file(s) are acting up, I (or someone else) can try uploading a working version of the file for you to get.

If you can't do that either, then I can try uploading all the game's files for you, but there's no way I'll be able to finish uploading all the files until probably ~14 hours from now, assuming everything goes well (I'm on crappy internet atm, and I have a flight to take in about 8 hours.)
                I tried Steam, Same error. The file that's acting up is the XIGNCODE3 error. That would be a huge help if you could send my way a working version of the XIGNCODE3 file or just the game file period.

Originally posted by Panpeito View Post
                what programs did you use? and were the files in one part or multiple parts?
                I tried all the game files you could download from the site and put them in one folder hoping that for some reason that would solve the problem... it didn't. T.T

Comment

• Panpeito
                  Panpeito commented
                  Editing a comment
                  putting them in one folder definitely wont work x:

This is only if nothing else works and youre able to re-download everything:

if you downloaded the complete file, you should just use one of the unzipping software(such as WinRAR) to unzip:
                  1. Open WinRAR and select the downloaded archive
                  2. Click the Extract To button and choose where you want to extract it to
                  if there are multiple files, put them all on the desktop or a folder you can easily find. Extract the first file in the sequence, then once it finishes it will tell you that you need another volume. Select the second file in the sequence, and repeat until its finished.

Once you have all files of the archive extracted, right click the green dnlauncher file and Run as administrator. That should lead you to the patch and then, you should be able to play the game again.

• ‬‬‬
                  ‬‬‬ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  try moving the files to either a partitioned hdd or a program files folder before running the installation

I tried Steam, Same error. The file that's acting up is the XIGNCODE3 error. That would be a huge help if you could send my way a working version of the XIGNCODE3 file or just the game file period.
                I'll be honest, I'm a little puzzled. Like, I feel like I've heard this error be mentioned before by a friend of mine, but I never encountered it myself. (She plays through Steam.)

And I have absolutely no idea how ED designed this crazy game. I don't see an "XIGNCODE3" file. I see an XIGNCODE log text file, and I see an "x3.xem" file. And I have no idea if either of those are it. Either way, I'll just toss my folder at you with those files in it, and maybe one or both of them will fix the problem.

Link to a RAR that should replace the XIGNCODE folder in your Steam's Dragon Nest folder.

The directory should be something like C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\common\dragonnest\ DragonNest\

(Picture below for reference)

As a quick btw, my flight got delayed a full day, so I'm not able to do any mass upload yet. If I actually make my flight tomorrow (fuck mother nature for making me wait an extra day), then I can try uploading the games files individually tomorrow. That's assuming we can't get your game working before I get where I actually have not-trash internet.
                Attached Files

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Thanks Orona! Downloaded it. Let's see if it works. ^.^

Comment

It worked Orona! Thanks a TON! Mind if I make a solutions thread with the link you gave me? That way this could help more people than just me.

Comment

It worked Orona! Thanks a TON! Mind if I make a solutions thread with the link you gave me? That way this could help more people than just me.
                      You're very welcome. Glad to help.

And sure, go right ahead. I won't be moving that file anytime in the near future, as far as I can tell, so the link should stay usable.

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Working...
                      X