Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Entries] To my side, Buddy! (Player-made)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Entries] To my side, Buddy! (Player-made)

Hey, so since the administrative team seems to be held up with posting the rest of our stories and it's already Christmas, I thought it'd be a good idea for us to just share our stories ourselves. Even if your entry was already posted by the admins, feel free to put it here if you'd like to see other peoples' thoughts.

And for those of you who come in / post a story, please do try to read everyone else's stories as well. I think it's important that we do at least that. Cheers and Happy Holidays.

I guess I'll start then.

Hey Andrew (SwiftTyphoon),

It’s got to be ten years now, hasn’t it? I wish I could say I remember the day we met, but in truth you appeared in my life as friends often do – quietly and out of the blue. I expect we bonded over a shared interest in games and math, though admittedly I never got much work done when we sat together in clubs. Before long you were a familiar face. When we ended up at the same school, I was delighted. When you skipped a grade, I announced it to the world and gave it the biggest one-man standing ovation in the history of mankind.

Over the years we’ve played countless games together. We lost touch briefly when I fell off another game we were invested in, but when I found out you were playing Dragon Nest we picked up right where we left off. Since then we’ve conquered five years and seven level caps of leveling, nesting, laddering, and raiding together. Sometimes I dreaded logging into Dragon Nest, but when you were around I’d always have the energy to do one more thing. Even when I really didn’t.

I haven’t told you this before, but my parents didn’t like you much. They’d say you were the reason I was underperforming academically or struggling socially. “He’s got problems,” my mom would say. But I knew it wasn’t true. We were both nerdy and awkward, and I hated that she would badmouth you because I saw a lot of myself in you. It only made me more determined to be a good friend to you, because I want you to have all the space you can have to be you.

No matter if it’s in Dragon Nest or in real life, I’ve got your back, man. Merry Christmas.

--

Will (Lamian)

Click image for larger version

Name:	andrew_and_me.png
Views:	61
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	42952

Comment

Originally posted by Lamian View Post
      Sometimes I dreaded logging into Dragon Nest, but when you were around I’d always have the energy to do one more thing. Even when I really didn’t.
      Ahh, this hits close to home. Thanks for sharing your story of a decade-old friendship... TTwTT imnotcryingurcrying

Happy holidays man!!

Comment

Submission from me and TangentLies -- warning! big images ahead:

Last edited by juujuu; 12-25-2016, 11:40 AM. Reason: part 2 coming up -- waiting for posting time limit -.-

Comment

• Lamian
          Lamian commented
          Editing a comment
          Loved it! I too am a chronic hoarder.

...aaaand that's all folks! Happy holidays everyone!

Comment

• Emi
          Emi commented
          Editing a comment
          not-enough-space-so-we-made-a-guild problem is too relatable.... also why is this so precious? a+. +1 for good writing. this made me happy.

• aaron
          aaron commented
          Editing a comment
          Cute story. Love the facial reactions.

*slips my cheese entry here for Kingsblue since ED never posted it*

===
        To my dear Alder:

As our guild is about to celebrate fourth anniversary, I would like to dedicate this letter to you. While you’re no longer as active as you were years ago, I still remember you, and cherish you.
        Thank you for being with me for all these years. Four years ago when I first entered Saints Haven, it was you who took me around, and helped me conquer both dungeons and nests alike. You took me as your pupil, and promised me that you would be there whenever I needed help.
        You’ve watched me grow stronger, and conquer harder challenges. While you were hesitant at first to join me, you always did eventually, trusting me to protect you no matter what.
        To tell you the truth, I wanted to get better not for the glory or titles, but to always be there for you as you did for me when I first started. I wanted to be your shield as jump into frays with all the energy you have, and to make you feel safe as we enter new territories.
        Although my human life is short compared to elves like you, I hope that you will continue to watch over me and the rest of our guild as we move forward throughout the years to come.

Have a lovely holiday, my dear~
        Aries

Twitter || Pixiv || I'm yunniversal everywhere ☆ || ninth_loop

Comment

http://m.imgur.com/a/yjqhP
          Discord: Stardoom#4500
          Twitch YouTube
          Written - LK // Wrotten - Crusader
          Wrancid - Inquisitor // Wraider - Guardian
          Phonic - Destroyer // Chosen - Glad // Scribed - DA

Comment

• Noni
            Noni commented
            Editing a comment
            xd/xd xd

IGN’s: Hetali & Kvaedhi

Our story first began a few years ago, outside the world of Altera.

Before we met, I was trapped in my mind, voices whispering to me, telling me that I was worthless. Voices telling me it would be okay if I were to disappear from this world.

So I turned to the world of Altera, and there, I found reprieve from my mind and thoughts. I loved the aspect of creating another image of who I was. I was a brave archer heading out into battle, arrows flashing and bow drawn to defeat the enemy.

But I was still lonely. That is, until I met my now best friend, Kvaedhi. We became friends trying to help another friend, who had depression. Kvaedhi has stayed with me, through thick and thin, through tears and laughter.

When I introduced my friend to Altera, I was struck by how mesmerized Kvaedhi was, playing hundreds of hours over a couple of months. I fell in love with Altera all over again. We would run dungeons together, grinding away the levels until we reached the cap. We would duo nests, competing to out damage the other. Though neither of us were especially well geared, I felt proud. I felt that by introducing my friend to DN, I had allowed someone else to enter into my world and that I was not alone anymore.

In the real world, we are now dating. We are always such a goofy couple- laughing, poking and tickling each other and sharing secrets. It sounds absolutely cheesy, but I can’t imagine a world without him. Who would I be? Would I even still exist in this world?

This is to you, my best friend. Thank you for everything. Thank you for existing. <3

Comment

Working...
          X