Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the class you main was heavily nerfed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the class you main was heavily nerfed?

Interesting debate question I thought of, if the class you main was heavily nerfed would you still main it? And by heavily nerfed i mean in terms of DPS classes their damage output was greatly reduced, and in terms of healing classes their heal support and/or damage output got reduced, but their overall gameplay experience stayed the same (combo rotations, skill animations, etc).

So under those conditions would you still main your main? I was going to ask if people would still play their main but that would be an easy, as someone could change mains but still occasionally play their old main.

For me I Definitely would continue to main my defensio (its currently a ruina... but will cc back in a few weeks). Gameplay of that class is very fluid and can do all sorts of shenanigans with her tanking capabilities and flying super high in the air with buggy twister kick ex.

I main'ed Saint from 24 cap to 70 cap but losing that account made me switch to Light Bringer but then, they destroyed their Gameplay so hard that I gave up and bandwagonn'ed to Pyro. I would probably switch to War mage if it ever happened to the point of making the class disgusting to play (just need Techs, 40 Goddess, a Fire conversion gem and done). I would certainly switch back to Pyro too once I'm certain it won't change for a while (Pyro is strong since the End of 80 cap).

It's hard and awful to tell, nobody wants to lose their main because of Balances changes, but we always have dead Classes each cap. In 90 Cap it was Crusader, Light Bringer, Valkyrie, Ice Witch and Defensio. Right now it's Lenca, Defensio and Light Bringer AGAIN. I think I never saw an Abyss Walker too since the start of cap while I see a Light Bringer once every month lol.
    Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
    IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

I love my Ice Witch (I've been an Elementalist/IW main since open beta). Even if she was shit, I'd try what I could to make it work anyway.

If a point comes where my class is too underpowered to be accepted into endgame raids, then yeah, I'd be forced to go play a sub-main until I can gear my IW further.

But IW is a lot of fun for me. Always will be my go-to toon unless I literally can't.
      ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

While gearmasters have never been heavily nerfed, there's been a few moments where it felt like they were. For example, during the transition between 60-70 cap, it was almost impossible to find a party as a gearmaster without getting kicked.

Once we had gotten the assassin class in 70 cap, I started playing taoist, then eventually the light bringer class. While I liked the playstyle of the lb (floating, summons that ACTUALLY teleport to you, etc.), I only used him to keep my gearmaster geared. This kept on until we got the engineer revamp.

As of now, I still main gm while sub-maining defensio.

Comment

For me I'll always stick to my saint. Even during the 70-80 cap where everyone was an inqui because they were basically a better version of saint, I stuck to saint. For me saint gameplay is the most enjoyable. Even if they nerfed its supportive role (which they kinda did by making heal radius only ** in the latest patch ;_; ) or it's damage output (which I really hope they don't considering other DPS classes can still easily out dmg even the most geared saints) I'd still stick with my saint.

(Although I am very tempted to switch to inqui so I can start IDNing lol)
          Last edited by BasementDweller; 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM.
          IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

I made an Alchemist when they were released. I've mained that class since then. I was an Adept during the 50% elemental resist DDN raid and still cleared. I was an Adept while they were being kicked left and right. I was an Adept when they were first buffed and then phased out again until recently. I'll always be an Adept. There are only two ways to make me not play this class, close the game, or make it so any skill she does heals the boss and she cannot do any damage at all.

Even then I'll still probably gear her. I view it more as proving people wrong than it being a liability. No point in raiding if I have to class change to do it.
            Last edited by Aisuru; 01-07-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

No, because I would become a liability to others.
              Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Shs21
              Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/shs21
              Twitter - https://twitter.com/ShsStream

Comment

I would CC to the other class that would be beneficial to my raid team and myself.

E.G
                Pyro is weak
                IW is OP

I switch to IW even if I love pyro,
                1. It benefits your team mates
                2. You get a raid team easily and you can make multiple alts of the same class to run on and transfer gear
                3. Easy money making because people will want your class so you run on multiple raid teams using the same class
                4. It benefits you as you'll be taken for a raid, make much more gold if you're taken and idk, clear stuff easier??

I've also already done this before in the past where pyro's were not taken in 60 cap for DDN. Ele resist 2 OP and reduced the time ice layer stayed on bosses.
                As much as I enjoy playing pyro, I enjoy raiding more.

edit: ah, if both IW and PYRO were nerfed I would most likely main LB or Saint if neither is nerfed.
                If I cannot play an elemental mage, I usually go to the support side of the game for the cap until my other class is buffed again and switch. So basically, in the meantime I save up gold from supporting to gear my DPS main.
                Last edited by SachiMizora; 01-07-2017, 07:38 PM.

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
                Other Characters:
                Saint/s -
                Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
                Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
                Ice Witch - SachMizora
                Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

I have a Ruina and we don't do that much damage but its fking fun playing her

Comment

If my main became raid-unworthy i'd go on my secondary, and if that secondary also became raid-unworthy and cannot find a team then i won't raid

no point playing a class you dont like playing, and especially not in a high-pressure environment where familiarity and skill with the class is important.
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Paladin for life
                      Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

IW/defensio 4 lyfe bro
                        Ice Witch: Nimue | Parade | Ice Witch Guide
                        Defensio: Botamochi | Defensio Guide
                        Discord: vara#2664
                        recent costumes list

Comment

Player > Class. The class can get nerfed to the ground, still good to play. Not one class is OP in this game. The nerfs are there for a reason. If you're talking about PVP-wise, that's on their side. But if PVE, it depends how bad it is. Destroyer are getting a huge buff. Pretty funny how Crash Mode (our awk skill) is bugged, but yet they buff it. Like the hell. Nerfs or buffs, won't matter if the player is sh.it.

Comment

main it? prob.
                            doing raids with it? thats a total waste of pt slot in the team; i just think its greedy of ppl to expect to get taken into raids when their class doesnt contribute as much as decent dps/support classes, just like u should seek to be useful for ur team, not closely to useless.
                            hi my english is terrible as always, but i think ppl got my point xd
                            AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

• vara
                              vara commented
                              Editing a comment
                              ur a waste of a pt slot >

• Aiko
                              Aiko commented
                              Editing a comment
                              agreed /10c

If my glad was nerfed like that I would still play it like how they were in 70/80 cap. Like I've always said, #gladtobeglad and I own that hashtag.
                            IGN: Skroler
                            Server: NA
                            Discord: Joni #4220

Comment

Working...
                            X